Blackb1rd

Q&A about 2018 development plans

Escapers! We collected questions from the gaming community and answered the most interesting of them.

Question: Will the characters without protective equipment choke on the smoke and cough, thereby exposing themselves?
Answer: Yes

Question: Can we get more details about the personal quests? Will the new quests replace the already available or expand them?

Answer: these are additional quests, a sort of your personal investigation of the situation. Their start will be triggered by finding certain items, reading notes etc. However, performing the regular quests may lead to  branching into personal quests as well.

Question: Any significant staff expansion planned in 2018?

Answer: we are expanding steadily, the core staff is already recruited.

Question: The 2018 plans do not include many of the features that were announced previously Does that mean they were waived or they just were not mentioned in those plans?

Answer: just not mentioned. All previously announced plans stay.

Question: Can you tell which of the gameplay features will make it into the game first?

Answer: time-consuming reloading of magazines, animations for use of medicines and consumables, Scav bosses and the flea market -- these are some of the features that are now a priority.

Question: When do we expect the transition to a new version of the engine? Does this mean that optimization works for the old version will be suspended?

Answer: these two are totally unrelated working directions. Optimizations will continue as planned. Although we intend to move to Unity 2018, we’ll do it after the current version is optimized and reliable.

Question: Will there be a chance that the Scav boss is being controlled by player?
Answer: Yes

Question: Will the appearance customization get unlock at traders’ based on reputation (like in case of weapons and mods), or it will be available immediately (i.e., on the first level of reputation)?

Answer: there will be a specific trader who will offer the choice and purchase of clothing as a service.

Translations

• Polish translation can be found here thanks to our Polish Emissary @TheWay
  • French translation can be found here thanks to our French Emissary @LePatrick
  • Spanish translation can be found here thanks to our Spanish Emissary @MrXavito
  • Portuguese translation can be found here thanks to our Brazilian Emissary @dimittri4gc
  • Japanese translation can be found here thanks to our Japanese Emissary @giraffy
  • Bulgarian translation can be found here thanks to our Bulgarian Emissary @Shibby
  • Dutch translation can be found here thanks to our Dutch Emissary @iGoodLifeNL 
  • Turkish translation can be found here thanks to our Turkish Emissary @Dimitri468
  • Czech translation can be found here thanks to Czech PMC @Death_Deliver
  • Finnish translation can be found here thanks to Finnish Emissary @sp3edie
  • Chinese translation can be found here thanks to Hong Kong Emissary @Hazel

cypMJ7m1uJA.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2
  • Hot 3
  • Upvote 3

I need a new update at this point, i know the current maps better than i know my place IRL :(

Thanks for the infos tho, you forgot the "ETA of OBT" question tho x)

Edited by PIG-Mathieu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't get it why would you optimize this version of the game if you just gonna move to a new one, which will need the optimization again. Aren't you gonna do the same work twice, and the first time for nothing, since I imagine after the conversion old version will cease to exist?

Apart from the priority list(if it actually stays the same, and those features are the next one to be released) these questions asked by community are kinda disappointing, expected way more interesting questions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Very cool, player-controlled scav bosses is going to be interesting to say the least!

However, there was a question posted a while back which received only a "LOL" from the devs... It was regarding beards, and if we will be able to either A: grow them or B: have them as a kind of fixed/optional customisation aspect.

I'm sure many members of the community would love to get some information on this, even if it is a very small feature it would definitely help PMC-player relations :P 

Can not wait to see how gas masks will be a game changer after smoke grenades, or a breach with a command "masks on" :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MLGPauly said:

Glad nobody wasted time and asked about net code. Keep it up devs

why ask? many players see these optimizations on a daily basis :bewhink:

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Blackb1rd:

Question: Will the appearance customization get unlock at traders’ based on reputation (like in case of weapons and mods), or it will be available immediately (i.e., on the first level of reputation)?

Answer: there will be a specific trader who will offer the choice and purchase of clothing as a service.

Is it me, or is the answer not really answering the question about reputation level? Does the "service" need reputation and trader levels as well? Or is is directly accessible for all clothes right in the beginning?

• Upvote 1

So we have been discussing the proposed medication addiction and there could be real possibilities for some interesting game mechanics.  

How will Addiction affect a PMC?  

How will cold turkey affect PMC?  

Will meds be available to control any comedown?  

Some Ideas we were discussing which would be great and may not be too difficult to implement would be Audio Paranoia (Imagine Comtacs x10 where you hear every bush rustle or step on the map so you would not be able to locate anything reliably).  

Other than unsteady aim and poor blurred vision and increased fatigue, other more interesting ideas were short periods of Hallucinations (increasing levels from ghost players; Client side players only you would see requiring you to constantly check with teammates or give yourself away by shooting at people not there another interesting  option would be all players look like scavs so you don’t know friend from foe.)  

For both of these there should be warning signs that you are going into a period of withdrawal. Addiction meds could be taken to reduce the effect.  

When will money in wallets, doc cases, and money cases count towards your overall money in your stash?

Seems like a basic quality of life change that should've been implemented ages ago.

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ynnus86 said:

Is it me, or is the answer not really answering the question about reputation level? Does the "service" need reputation and trader levels as well? Or is is directly accessible for all clothes right in the beginning?

No, the answer specifically ignores the information requested. correct.

2 hours ago, ynnus86 said:

I assume where they say service they mean similar to how mechanic repairs