Narego

Squads, Squads, Squads...

Didnt see thread about squads with the search so here it goes: Im playing solo but I have started bumping into squads pretty much every raid. Also I dont have the best weapons, traders are low level and im struggling to get decent loadout. (My prapor dropped from lvl 2 to lvl 1?)

Running into squads all the time is getting me killed a bit too much for my liking. I can deal with the duos most of the time, but after that it gets tricky specially since im not so geared up and squads of 3 have a lot more firepower and sometimes a decent duo is pain in the ass. 

My point being I think there are way too many squads so players like me (Who are playing solo) are at huge disadvantage. Could you make option that you are not forced to match against squads or something? Dying 3 times in a row to a squad of 3+ players is starting to be annoying.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, Narego said:

Didnt see thread about squads with the search so here it goes: Im playing solo but I have started bumping into squads pretty much every raid. Also I dont have the best weapons, traders are low level and im struggling to get decent loadout. (My prapor dropped from lvl 2 to lvl 1?)

Running into squads all the time is getting me killed a bit too much for my liking. I can deal with the duos most of the time, but after that it gets tricky specially since im not so geared up and squads of 3 have a lot more firepower and sometimes a decent duo is pain in the ass. 

My point being I think there are way too many squads so players like me (Who are playing solo) are at huge disadvantage. Could you make option that you are not forced to match against squads or something? Dying 3 times in a row to a squad of 3+ players is starting to be annoying.

As DEVs have said on many previous posts, you can play solo but as more of the game becomes available it will become more and more difficult for solo players to complete. The game is being aimed at squad play in the long run, but is possible solo. I would suggest finding a partner or squad in the clan section or on the unofficial discord.

30 minutes ago, swats73 said:

As DEVs have said on many previous posts, you can play solo but as more of the game becomes available it will become more and more difficult for solo players to complete. The game is being aimed at squad play in the long run, but is possible solo. I would suggest finding a partner or squad in the clan section or on the unofficial discord.

I dont see any reason why they couldnt have solo que option for those who want to play alone, like for example me, I prefer playing solo. Would it divide the playerbase? Maybe but I think there would be no problem finding matches solo only or with squads.

Another squad game is something I personally dont need. I love the option that you can play with friends and I for sure will, but I also would love to have the soloing part. If you team up with someone you dont know in a raid, that is fair enough if you dare to trust someone. This is just my humble opinion.

• Like 1

The devs are pretty straight to their plan there many discussions about your claim but they stated it as swats sayed. At the end it'S their player base they are screwing off with some descisions. 

I personally stopped playing because of map static. U learn were to move and get all the items and it is always the same.

Unfair balance between ppl that can't effort high end gear and those who have tonns of it. 

Bugs like "the silent walk" even Utubers exploiding the game to get advantages.

Weapons that are just beeing used in full automatic while there is no recoil. 

So yea I mean those things that are easy to change in my opinion. Well beside that loot spawn static maybe. And gues what nothing changed. On the forum you can read ppl like >can we have a wipe pls because im so fed up I don't know what to do< while others just playing to be cannon fodder. At the end there is less and less fun in playing this game. At least in my opinion. Others might have fun farming all those ppl who can't do poo about it. 

Always the same feedback "later, it will make sense"...and so what until then? Many new players will be disgusted by this, not everybody is a tryhard like me. 

I play only solo and usually enjoy to fight against squads, but the choice should be offer to the players until the gameplay will change and really justify to play only in squads.   

When i died all the day because of squads (most of them camp the bodies of their teammates when you killed few of them and I don't want to wait 10mn because of the last camper nearby) , i woud like to have the opportunity to play vs solo players for few games.  

I will play in squad when I will be sure to face only equivalent squads. For now, it's just the easy mode for cowards.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Narego said:

I dont see any reason why they couldnt have solo que option for those who want to play alone, like for example me, I prefer playing solo. Would it divide the playerbase? Maybe but I think there would be no problem finding matches solo only or with squads.

Another squad game is something I personally dont need. I love the option that you can play with friends and I for sure will, but I also would love to have the soloing part. If you team up with someone you dont know in a raid, that is fair enough if you dare to trust someone. This is just my humble opinion.

This has been debated multiple times with the same outcome, you aren't going to get a separate que. Your specific needs are no concern to the devs and the vision of their game. It's pretty simple, play solo and risk it or group up for better odds(this coming form a 50/50 solo/squad player).

A quote from one big EFT streamer " squad for kitties , solo for true heroes ! " :)

I play solo too, cuz solo more fun than squad.. u need more attention , no one cover ur ass when looting etc.. more hard , more difficult.. but we are heroes right?! Also i like challanges.. squads boring without challenge. Just move in team , kill everything, everyone.. if u died ur gear saved or ur team mate drop in bush and insure.. etc..
So if u need "babysitt" go squad.. if u want enjoy the game and more "survive" feeling.. and difficult.. go solo ;) 

There are pro's and con's for solo gameplay or team play... Map awareness is key. What is going on, where it will happen, when... etc...

Many times I used squads as bulldozer clearing map for me and still I was getting rare items, money weapons... especially easy in customs...

you may find it boring, but I dont play like that all the time...

go for factory for fast paced combat,

go shorelines for guerrilla warfare,

just make sure that u are using the right weapons on right map...

IMHO I like both options. Playing with friends is fun, you develop comms and tactics, and is nice to have more eyes in the field. 

Playing solo, is a terrific survival experience, watching, waiting for your moment, need more patience. 

I think having both options made this game better. 

Playing solo requires a lot of patience and knowing where/when to hide and when to attack.  This isn't a run and gun type of game.  You get into that mindset and you'll die every time.

sooner or later they need to realise that they have also a huge soloplayer base which want to play the game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warlay said:

sooner or later they need to realise that they have also a huge soloplayer base which want to play the game.

We already can and will still be able to do it, it's just hard. Sooner or later you'll realize they are making their game, not yours.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

vor 8 Minuten schrieb zpwarrior:

We already can and will still be able to do it, it's just hard. Sooner or later you'll realize they are making their game, not yours.

They doing a game in order to achieve money from customers buying it. Less customers less money. Simple isn't it? 

So they don't create their game they need feedback and to addapt or they will fail. Thats how it works. 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb orion310591:

There are pro's and con's for solo gameplay or team play... Map awareness is key. What is going on, where it will happen, when... etc...

Many times I used squads as bulldozer clearing map for me and still I was getting rare items, money weapons... especially easy in customs...

you may find it boring, but I dont play like that all the time...

go for factory for fast paced combat,

go shorelines for guerrilla warfare,

just make sure that u are using the right weapons on right map...

"Map awareness is key" right now and also what is wrong with the game. 

Titled as hardcore survival kind of game it tourns into happy farm hour as you follow static rules wich never change. 

I wonder how so many ppl are able to ignore this. It's lame. Were is the fun and shocking survival once u just can't be suprised. The concept is so damn broken and stupid still nothing changes, sadly. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Shadedrake said:

They doing a game in order to achieve money from customers buying it. Less customers less money. Simple isn't it? 

So they don't create their game they need feedback and to addapt or they will fail. Thats how it works. 

This is just a bit of a ignorant statement. I mean now that it is a squadbased game people that wanna play solo are complaining about it, when you turn the game into a solo game people that wanna play in squads are gonna complain. The point i am trying to make is that you can't make everybody happy.

The developers can't just listen to everyone, they also said that this game is not gonna be for everyone.

• Upvote 1

I think playing as solo often gives you an advantage over squads

You just shoot anything that moves and they have to voice check any movement. Not every time, but it's not uncommon to wipe 3,4 & 5 man squads :D

I want to play minesweeper with my HTC vive and use the hand controllers to pick the squares but I can’t.

Think I might write to Microsoft and say their game wasn’t designed for how I want it to be.

In all seriousness you solo players are playing a hardcore based game, how easy do you want it to be?

If you run into squads all the time you may should change your play style. Or do you rush for dorms every raid and wonder why 2 enemy full gear squads kill you after looting the market room from both spawn sides?

Soloplay on shorelines for example is wonderful. So many locations with loot and so many paths to run.

Also it is almost impossible for a full squad to catch you if you dont run into a dead end. Customs has some bottlenecks where you are forced thrue. There may only helps to wait until camper squads extract or leave their camping positions.

I play factory and shorelines alsmost always solo and it works well.

I do die a lot more when joining a squad than playing solo somehow. Maybe because the map awareness is a lot higher solo than in a group where you cant tell who makes the noises.

Solo is always the most thrilling (for me at least) and I've had some of my best raid's when I was alone.

If you're going to rock solo, be prepared that nobody has you 6 but you. You are the only eyes and ears. That can be an advantage, but for a well-prepared team, not so much; you're going to need different tactics.

Tip 1) Grenades: I can't tell you the amount of times these have saved my life. F1 or don't bother, just make sure you give yourself at least 15-20 feet (10ft at minimum), they hit hard. Great against squads, good for escaping, can also be used as a distraction.

Tip 2) Know your map, know your objective: If you're going to be playing solo, you need to know the spots people are hiding, and you need to know where you're going at all times. Every second can count when you finally engage the enemy (scavs or players). Being in the right position at the right moment can make all the difference. I always plan a route to take when going solo/duo (leading) and have a backup plan in case things go south.

Tip 3) Loot quick, stay alert: Looting and gunfire are some of the loudest things in Tarkov, and both give away your position to the enemy. If you're going to loot solo, be quick (know what you want to grab from a body and know what you want to search). Do not sit around in the open, at the very least go prone/crouch or move behind a wall/door. While all this is going on it's very hard to hear, so before you loot make sure the area is clear. Right after a successful kill is the easiest time to be killed yourself, so be alert and listen. After any successful kill I always make a point of checking all potential hiding spots near that body before I loot, otherwise I know I am vulnerable.

Tip 4) When in doubt, move fast: If all else fails and you've found yourself in a bad position, refer to your tips above quickly; can any of these help you? For the sake of argument, however, lets say you're out of grenades, a squad has you surrounded and you've detected them moving in on your location, but you're not sure exactly where. You've got 3 options, engage, camp, or run. Although you might think yourself better than most players on the worst of your days, remember, this is Tarkov and anything can happen. You're probably outnumbered and they have the drop on you. Wait for your moment. If they don't know you're hiding, it's usually easiest to let them come to you for the first kill, unless you can somehow get the drop on multiple enemies. Once you've down the first, be alert for the others and move in quick if they still have not reacted. If they do know where you are, it becomes a bit of cat and mouse (this is where positioning is especially key). Listen for movement if you don't have visiblity and always try to flank your enemy before engaging.

There is a lot more I could go on about, just remember most importantly to try and have fun, otherwise take a break!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, zpwarrior said:

This has been debated multiple times with the same outcome, you aren't going to get a separate que. Your specific needs are no concern to the devs and the vision of their game. It's pretty simple, play solo and risk it or group up for better odds(this coming form a 50/50 solo/squad player).

My specific needs? You are pretty arrogant if you think its just me or handful of players who think there should be que for solo. Its shouldnt be super hard to add into the game and I think it wouldnt hurt the game. EFT is going to lose a lot of players if they keep running into squads all the time and dislike that.

4 hours ago, Phoenixsui said:

If you run into squads all the time you may should change your play style. Or do you rush for dorms every raid and wonder why 2 enemy full gear squads kill you after looting the market room from both spawn sides?

Soloplay on shorelines for example is wonderful. So many locations with loot and so many paths to run.

Also it is almost impossible for a full squad to catch you if you dont run into a dead end. Customs has some bottlenecks where you are forced thrue. There may only helps to wait until camper squads extract or leave their camping positions.

I play factory and shorelines alsmost always solo and it works well.

I do die a lot more when joining a squad than playing solo somehow. Maybe because the map awareness is a lot higher solo than in a group where you cant tell who makes the noises.

Well, shrolines was the last match where I clashed with a squad. They spawned not too far away from my spawn and we just went the same direction and so on. Im barely never rushing anywhere. Maybe I just had unlucky runs.

------------------

Just sayig EFT has pretty decent amount of players who prefer playing solo. Why not have the option for solo players to play against other solo players. Its best feeling ever when you win the firefight againts squad, after that the problem is how you are going to deal with all the loot :D

10 minutes ago, Narego said:

My specific needs? You are pretty arrogant if you think its just me or handful of players who think there should be que for solo. Its shouldnt be super hard to add into the game and I think it wouldnt hurt the game. EFT is going to lose a lot of players if they keep running into squads all the time and dislike that.

Well, shrolines was the last match where I clashed with a squad. They spawned not too far away from my spawn and we just went the same direction and so on. Im barely never rushing anywhere. Maybe I just had unlucky runs.

------------------

Just sayig EFT has pretty decent amount of players who prefer playing solo. Why not have the option for solo players to play against other solo players. Its best feeling ever when you win the firefight againts squad, after that the problem is how you are going to deal with all the loot :D

They arent going to add a separate que for solo players when they are actively forming the game around squad play. I am a huge solo player for the most part, easier to make money for me and not have to worry abut my team members. If it wasnt for my close friend group, I would be a complete solo player. If i was in a solo que, I wouldnt have squads to kill and get all the loots. I absolutely love that devs are sticking to their vision of this game. I wouldn't go play world of warcraft and be upset that I cant solo the 10-20 man raids, then request them to put in solo versions . I either go solo and do other things or find a group to raid with.

Edited by zpwarrior

1 minute ago, zpwarrior said:

If i was in a solo que, I couldnt take whole 5 man squad down and get all the loots. I absolutely love that devs are sticking to their vision of this game. I wouldn't go play world of warcraft and complain that I cant solo the 10-20 man raids and request them to put solo versions of the raid. I either go solo and do other things or find a group to raid with.

It seems that you keep misunderstanding my point:

Point

Nobody would force you to play only with other solo players if you didnt want to. You would have the option to chose if you want to be matched with squads or not as solo player. There is no downside to have option like this in game and it shouldnt be hard thing to code.

I think we both want to see EFT doing great and we both want EFT to have solid playerbase. Then why limit the game only for squad playing since many players prefer playing solo vs solo.

1 minute ago, Narego said:

Point

Nobody would force you to play only with other solo players if you didnt want to. You would have the option to chose if you want to be matched with squads or not as solo player. There is no downside to have option like this in game and it shouldnt be hard thing to code.

I think we both want to see EFT doing great and we both want EFT to have solid playerbase. Then why limit the game only for squad playing since many players prefer playing solo vs solo.

There is no point in dividing the player base, I'm not trying to sound douchy or anything. They are making squads the focal point of the game and it would be counterproductive to add a solo que.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Narego said:

Point

At the end of the day, the devs have stated this is their game they are making a game they would like to play and playing solo will be almost impossible since they are pushing it as a squad game. For the most part they don't care about appealing to the masses, they are making their game , their way for a certain group of people. It's not going to change, no amount of begging or forum post whining will change it.