MadMills

Perhaps a rework?? as its ruining solo experiences

You're going to have to separate those scared to run solo versus the solo players who rely solely on skill and play solo only. Fighting 2 or 3 no lifer's as a Scav is literally impossible and you being a solo player. Match those who are in a group with others in a group. Match solo players versus solo players. Unless you make this correction the game will never live out to its full potential. Is it the end of the world no? Then no one would be grouped, everyone would be out for themselves. Trust me, nothing worse, for solo players than running into a group killing one no-lifer who has 24 levels on you only to die to some other scrub hidden in a bush. I get being grouped I do, but understand, apart from real life friends the grouping mechanism seems to be broke. I've set in the "Looking for Group" bit for an hour before and nothing. I've played for well over a month and achieved ONE group. So either disable grouping entirely or make it easier with an auto-grouping mechanism and a penalty for leaving the auto group feature in order to promote no-lifers to help with low-level players. Make no mistake, thanks to you guys giving half the player base a free m4 and a free AK-47 completely tacked out the game is already unbalanced (Don't EVEN PRETEND it isn't considering how hard it is to find an m4 or a tactical ak47). Add to that the uselessness of NO-LIFERS, I.E. High-level players completely ignoring grouping requests with lower level players and the difference in gear between a low-level player versus high-level player its nearly impossible to both play your character (YOUR CHARACTER NOT A SCAV) at low levels without guaranteeing you lose your gear and surviving a run in with 2 "NO-LIFERS" is physically impossible especially considering the flawed low level gear versus high level gear. Also, secondary but important, instead of rewarding a small portion of the community with free weapons, reward everyone crazy enough to gamble on your game with a free m4 and AK-47 completely kitted out.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 11

33 minutes ago, MadMills said:

You're going to have to separate those scared to run solo versus the solo players who rely solely on skill and play solo only.

Erm. No. 

33 minutes ago, MadMills said:

Fighting 2 or 3 no lifer's as a Scav is literally impossible

Nobody said it should be easily. Nobody said you should fight full gears as scav.

34 minutes ago, MadMills said:

Match those who are in a group with others in a group. Match solo players versus solo players.

Erm. No. 

34 minutes ago, MadMills said:

Unless you make this correction the game will never live out to its full potential.

They need to make other things for the game to reach it's full potential. Separating players ain't one of them. 

35 minutes ago, MadMills said:

Is it the end of the world no?

No. 

35 minutes ago, MadMills said:

Then no one would be grouped, everyone would be out for themselves.

Well, scavs are grouped civilian gangs. ex-USEC theoretically are friends/coworkers that know each other from work. ex-BEARS as well. UN peacekeeping forces sound like one big group to me. Your point?

36 minutes ago, MadMills said:

Trust me, nothing worse, for solo players than running into a group killing one no-lifer who has 24 levels on you only to die to some other scrub hidden in a bush.

Trust me, nothing feels better than being 35 level and playing solo wiping squad of 4 or 5 geared guys that are careless. And then checking their dogtags and seeing they are level 50+. 

37 minutes ago, MadMills said:

I've set in the "Looking for Group" bit for an hour before and nothing. I've played for well over a month and achieved ONE group

Get friends? Get on some Discord community? How are developers responsible for you being social outcast?

38 minutes ago, MadMills said:

So either disable grouping entirely or make it easier with an auto-grouping mechanism

Auto-grouping is terrible idea. Disabling groups only helps social losers like you. Duh, I am social loser, but I still have those 4 friends that I can get on Discord and play together if needed. 

39 minutes ago, MadMills said:

Make no mistake, thanks to you guys giving half the player base a free m4 and a free AK-47 completely tacked out the game is already unbalanced

Who gets free M4s? I am EOD owner and I never heard of it. Stop being like lelcat (dude from tarkovballistics) making arguments out of nowhere saying game is P2W just because you suck at it...

40 minutes ago, MadMills said:

Add to that the uselessness of NO-LIFERS

I can go Fort+Fast+M4 every raid. I currently play 1-2 hours a day and about 2-3 days a week. Sooooo muuuch no-life... yeah. 

41 minutes ago, MadMills said:

High-level players completely ignoring grouping requests

High levels are usually smart guys, that prefer to trust their real life friends or friends they made on Discord or wherever. I mean, they prefer to trust person with a voice, than random dude over the internet that will spawnkill them immediately. So again. Get friends. 

42 minutes ago, MadMills said:

difference in gear between a low-level player versus high-level player its nearly impossible to both play your character

Vepr (VPO-136) with BP ammo is enough to kill anyone (even Fort). Same gun with PS/HP ammo is enough to kill anyone with PACA/Kiver. Same as SKS. Same as AKM. Similar to AK-74 (SP/PP/BP ammo). Man, I happen to die with Fort+Fast to some random AKSU players that caught me off-guard. And I happen to kill full gears with SKS. You are making argument out of some smelly hole. And all of them are being based on you being sad person without friends and sad player without skill. 

45 minutes ago, MadMills said:

Also, secondary but important, instead of rewarding a small portion of the community with free weapons

Nobody gets free weapons... Unless you mean the christmas gift that EVERYONE THAT HAD A GAME AT THE TIME could get. It was ONE AKM AND ONE M4!

TL;DR:

• Get friends
  • Get skill
  • Stop making up stuff from your hole like some flat-earther. 
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 3

I like playing this game because it can be really difficult. I like a challenge and usually when I die its because Im doing something dumb.

I really wish people would stop coming on here trying to make the game easier. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Actually I never understood how you could even consider that this game is P2W for more than 10 seconds.

Well OK you have an advantage at the beginning of a wipe, but this advantage is quite minor. It is nothing that you couldn't achieve in 2 Weeks as an casual player who plays 3 days a week.

I played this game two times first with an standard edition (Level 1 to 3 Trader) and now with EOD (level 1 to nearly 4 trader), both times in the middle of an wipe period (means right now) and yes my second attempt was faster and easier... but not because I had some starting pistols and 2 guns that I didn't used in the beginning. It was easier, because I had more experience!

And did you ever consider to play a bit sneaky and don't engage groups if you are not capable of outplaying them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoschiGrey said:

And did you ever consider to play a bit sneaky and don't engage groups if you are not capable of outplaying them?

But... but... that would mean that he needs to play this game differently than he plays CoD/PUBG/BF/CSGO/Overwatch... :(
</sarcasm>

Some people just prefer to blame everything on the game/devs/unity (pick any).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Forien said:

Erm. No. 

Nobody said it should be easily. Nobody said you should fight full gears as scav.

Erm. No. 

They need to make other things for the game to reach it's full potential. Separating players ain't one of them. 

No. 

Well, scavs are grouped civilian gangs. ex-USEC theoretically are friends/coworkers that know each other from work. ex-BEARS as well. UN peacekeeping forces sound like one big group to me. Your point?

Trust me, nothing feels better than being 35 level and playing solo wiping squad of 4 or 5 geared guys that are careless. And then checking their dogtags and seeing they are level 50+. 

Get friends? Get on some Discord community? How are developers responsible for you being social outcast?

Auto-grouping is terrible idea. Disabling groups only helps social losers like you. Duh, I am social loser, but I still have those 4 friends that I can get on Discord and play together if needed. 

Who gets free M4s? I am EOD owner and I never heard of it. Stop being like lelcat (dude from tarkovballistics) making arguments out of nowhere saying game is P2W just because you suck at it...

I can go Fort+Fast+M4 every raid. I currently play 1-2 hours a day and about 2-3 days a week. Sooooo muuuch no-life... yeah. 

High levels are usually smart guys, that prefer to trust their real life friends or friends they made on Discord or wherever. I mean, they prefer to trust person with a voice, than random dude over the internet that will spawnkill them immediately. So again. Get friends. 

Vepr (VPO-136) with BP ammo is enough to kill anyone (even Fort). Same gun with PS/HP ammo is enough to kill anyone with PACA/Kiver. Same as SKS. Same as AKM. Similar to AK-74 (SP/PP/BP ammo). Man, I happen to die with Fort+Fast to some random AKSU players that caught me off-guard. And I happen to kill full gears with SKS. You are making argument out of some smelly hole. And all of them are being based on you being sad person without friends and sad player without skill. 

Nobody gets free weapons... Unless you mean the christmas gift that EVERYONE THAT HAD A GAME AT THE TIME could get. It was ONE AKM AND ONE M4!

TL;DR:

• Get friends
  • Get skill

God bless you.

• Like 1

I'm fairly new to the game. I've only played with 1 other friend and a small national group. One from Czech, one from Russia, and 2 from South Africa. They are all 30+ Lvls higher than me. I manage to get kills and be useful just taking in basic shotguns with laser and some meds. I've left raids with 800+K in loot.

Aside from group play, you need to be realistic when you play solo. This game uses realism. You're right in saying taking out geared guys as a skav is "impossible". It should be. The point of playing as Skav is to kill other skavs and lower leveled characters. I tend to camp extracts as skav or I try to play gun game and upgrade after every skav/player I kill.

It sounds more like you're upset that people are better than you since you call them "no-lifers". If the game is too tactical for you and you get this mad dying then perhaps PUBG or CSGO is more your tango. I have a 30% survival rate and all I've been doing is solo recently. It's hard, but that's what makes the game fun.

Sneak at the right times. Play aggressive at the right times. I will say for players with gear it's better to outplay them and for skavs/player skavs its better to play aggressive. There's no way to re-peek a bot who's already spotted you so once you've been locked on you have to just go for the kill.

However, to the devs please do not make separate solo lobbies. This is no PUBG/Fortnite and honestly me and lots of other players love getting wrecked if it was a good fight.

To the OP, keep dying and keep learning from your deaths. Know where you see players the most and avoid those areas or camp them. Also if you ever have the TOZ you cannot kill a gear player. Simple. Don't even try. Just run and fight another battle.

23 hours ago, Forien said:

TL;DR:

• Get friends
  • Get skill

The Vepr is a great gun even with normal rounds. I once was healing behind a rock after killing 5+ scavs and 2 geared players snuck up behind me. I 1 tapped the first guy in the head (guess his helmet was fucked). The second guy got stuck coming out of the arches and i tap sprayed the hell out of him. I then proceeded to limp all the way to the extraction with 2 silenced AKNs in my tri-pak and a silenced M4 in my hands I think I picked up a OP-SKS from another dude before all that. The game isn't that hard if you have game sense and can outplay people and be faster than other players. You will die. You're suppose to die, OP. Get over it and play more.

separate those scared to run solo versus the solo players who rely solely on skill and play solo only.

You're really ballsy to get on the forum used by the players you claim have "no-life" then say they don't have skill because they are "Scared to run solo". Maybe the game is just a lot more fun in a group? However, at this point you've already proven you yourself have no life and generally just aren't a very nice person.

"High levels are usually smart guys, that prefer to trust their real life friends or friends they made on Discord or wherever. I mean, they prefer to trust person with a voice, than random dude over the internet that will spawnkill them immediately. So again. Get friends. "

This is true. I invited a lvl 45 guy into my party once and then he messaged me and asked for my discord. I now run with his group at least once a week.

Edited by silentdeath631
  • Like 1

@silentdeath631 you are wrong on one thing though. Scav's purpose is not to kill other scavs. Their purpose is to add more uncertainty and dynamic to the game. As a Scav, a player is supposed to loot stuff before PMC does, loot stuff that PMC lefts behind, and maybe, if possible, try to kill some careless or low gear PMCs (especially hatchlings). 

Entire idea for player scavs seems to revolve about "you get free loot, you don't risk anything, and maybe you will earn something". 

• Sad 1

Scavs purpose is to do whatevery you want to do. If its killing each other "over a better piece" how it is stated in the scav description then do that.

If i start with a toz and see a lonely bot with an SKS i sure kill him. Same with a Fort or new Helmet bot.

Edited by herki

Im a solo player and for me game is good.

Yesterday I met 2 groups of 2 players. You know what? I killed all of them with basic AKN + scope. How? Well... I used some tactics (engaged them when they were engaged by themselfs). Tricky? Yeah. But I got 4 weapons and armor for that. You need to think if your playing solo, but its more fun.

2 hours ago, Forien said:

@silentdeath631 you are wrong on one thing though. Scav's purpose is not to kill other scavs. Their purpose is to add more uncertainty and dynamic to the game. As a Scav, a player is supposed to loot stuff before PMC does, loot stuff that PMC lefts behind, and maybe, if possible, try to kill some careless or low gear PMCs (especially hatchlings). 

Entire idea for player scavs seems to revolve about "you get free loot, you don't risk anything, and maybe you will earn something". 

Yea I worded that a bit wrong. I meant that in the way it's the best way to play as skav. Not that they're meant to kill scavs :) My b.

On 13-3-2018 at 3:17 AM, Forien said:

Who gets free M4s? I am EOD owner and I never heard of it.

Big fan on all you said, but the part of half the playerbase getting a free AKM and a free M4 was right.
It was a Christmasgift from the devs, if you owned Tarkov before Christmas, you get 1 free keybar, 1 itemscase, 1 idioticly modded AKM (with the worst buttstock in the game on it) and 1 idioticly modded m4.
(You can claim your gift in your account on the website).

If he thinks 2 weapons make the game unballenced however, he is quite the idiot.

Edited by brtkklkrn

This game is challenging. I am a solo player, and I am very successful.  If you see a group of ppl, AVOID THEM.  If you choose to engage, whose fault is that.  There are times I engage, if I see them slip up or separate.  There are even times when I try and act like I am part of there group and then take them out.  This game is not COD, the gear and lvl disparity is necessary.  It would be so boring if I was low lvl, only playing against other low lvl ppl.  Also , if I were high lvl it would be boring only playing against other high lvl.  The games matching system is not broke, you just need to learn to adapt. 

TL DR; Improve, adapt, overcome!

9 hours ago, brtkklkrn said:

Big fan on all you said, but the part of half the playerbase getting a free AKM and a free M4 was right.
It was a Christmasgift from the devs,

So you haven't read my post. I mentioned Christmas gift. But he stated that half of playerbase is continously getting free weapons. That how his statement sounds. And it's wrong. 

@everton999 at least I gave some arguments to contribute to the discussion. All you did is quote my entire post twice and all you did is pure ad hominem. Your post in regards to forum rules is flood, so maybe you should get banned? Hmm? Just chill, it's not my fault if you guys are too bad to play this game and you must vent your frustrations on the forums. 

4 hours ago, Forien said:

So you haven't read my post. I mentioned Christmas gift. But he stated that half of playerbase is continously getting free weapons. That how his statement sounds. And it's wrong. 

@everton999 at least I gave some arguments to contribute to the discussion. All you did is quote my entire post twice and all you did is pure ad hominem. Your post in regards to forum rules is flood, so maybe you should get banned? Hmm? Just chill, it's not my fault if you guys are too bad to play this game and you must vent your frustrations on the forums. 

I did not vent anything :/ fail to see what you are talking about , and why would i add to such a stupid idea in the first place... i didnt give an answer no, but atleast i didn't attack him like you .

no thanks. I run 100% solo. Its ok, just dont be rambo. But dont be pussy either.

Hint. Play as an aggressive scav if you have too much trouble as pmc. Find an area where scavs are alive and provide back up to them. You'll be surprised how that can help turn the tables and take down full fort guys. And you will have friends - sort of.