TheColdVein

The Trader's Greed Event Starts Now!

Maki_Nishikino
9 minutes ago, tybos said:

leave these events and repair the game

What do you think is going to happen after the event is over?

--------------------------------

You guys can reset your account if you have little money and sell what you don't want at start, wipe comes soon anyways.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

ConnorMagill
Just now, Maki_Nishikino said:

What do you think is going to happen after the event is over?

His point is this doesn't need to exist and this event makes no sense, as lowbies can't make enough money and aren't good enough yet to get kills to obtain money fast. Just creates a larger gap between end game players and lowbies. Rather uninteresting event, especially for those who already have everything.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

02_
Just now, ConnorMagill said:

not an even advantage because the lowbies don't have nearly as much and little cash and are not nearly as experienced enough to get the kills to make more money. They can find out how max traders feel by just looking them up online.

Cash in the current state of EFT is pretty simple with the dog tag system, since most people are now high level's just by going on factory you can come out with 150k worth in DT's.

lForte
2 minutes ago, Preture said:

It gives those who haven't been playing long, have an idea of how max traders feel and gives everyone an even advantage...

yes sure if by advantage you mean having the ability to window shop but not actually purchase anything because prices have doubled... sure it may not encumber you any but this just creates more hatchlings for those who already had a hard time affording things. not everyone is just loaded with money and a giant stash you know...

TheHappyMile
vor 3 Minuten schrieb Starlight:

I fully expect the numbers of scav players and hatchlings are going to skyrocket.

Oh yeah, with a wipe coming in a few days, hatchling-run always seem to be a really good idea. If you have not much you can still use what u have. BP-Ammo makes forts and fast-mt not worthless but definitely worth less...

And even the one with lowest amount of money can hatchet to a few saves and but full-gear. They doubled - not multiplied by 100

Edited by TheHappyMile

Maki_Nishikino
3 minutes ago, ConnorMagill said:

His point is this doesn't need to exist and this event makes no sense, as lowbies can't make enough money and aren't good enough yet to get kills to obtain money fast. Just creates a larger gap between end game players and lowbies. Rather uninteresting event, especially for those who already have everything.

Rather moot.

nutritional

double prices, double buys prices

Redundant patch is redundant. 

Make it double sales price, half buy price ......

I want more geared people to fight, not more hatchet men.

Level 60 - beyond more gear than i can use . I want good gun fights.

• Upvote 2

GlockuFy
4 minutes ago, TheHappyMile said:

Oh yeah, with a wipe coming in a few days, hatchling-run always seem to be a really good idea. If you have not much you can still use what u have. BP-Ammo makes forts and fast-mt not worthless but definitely worth less...

And even the one with lowest amount of money can hatchet to a few saves and but full-gear. They doubled - not multiplied by 100

80K for a kiver and 36K for PACA.  116K for Just Armor, let alone buying a weapon and putting attachments on it.  Safes rarely give me over 10K roubles and a Roler if I'm lucky, lol.

AlJabberwock

The best loot and most comprehensive setups are to be found on bodies and in map loot caches... not in the shop, which is just to fill out whatever you have scavenged on found bodies, found in caches, or commandeered from bodies that might not have been dead yet...  Those who play the most have the greatest advantage, but this is not new, common to many games, and not really something you can expect the developers to, uh, punish - right?  Most folks that have tons of stuff hanging around their stash did NOT pay for most of it. 

breadkid

so wait, what is the update going to be? and also theres really no point in playing the game since all of our poo is worthless?

xHaroldx

Everyone with lots of money/gear should just go into matches and donate your kit to the first hatchling you come across, that's what i've been doing. haha

Maki_Nishikino
4 minutes ago, breadkid said:

so wait, what is the update going to be? and also theres really no point in playing the game since all of our poo is worthless?

Soon, not Soon™. Just have fun being reckless I guess.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

AlJabberwock

"so wait, what is the update going to be? "

Well all the stuff you have is going away soon, but in the meantime those of us with money have that reduced in value early.  :) Welcome to Tarkov  LMAO

Edited by AlJabberwock

Fisherprice1337

Now I know what it feels like to be the 1%  ^_^ thx Tarkov!

SCvTyson

Great news! Finally!

breadkid
8 minutes ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

Soon, not ™ soon. Just have fun being reckless I guess.

wait is there a date for when that will happen?

jayrod3242

ok so cool we get access to all the things but, im going to run out of money in less than 2 days so i disagree with the double in price. People that are lower level and dont have a bunch of money stored away will not even get to try out anything they havnt used yet because they can not even buy it it's so expensive. 

AlJabberwock

Look, at people saying it is going to make stuff hard to afford, you already had to earn stuff by selling or trading, and now, yeah, the prices are up, but the stuff you sell is worth twice as much as well. 

Only real impact is on people who don't actively go out and try and earn their items in one way or another.  Consider it an abbreviated Tarkov version of 'the estate tax'.   

Maki_Nishikino
2 minutes ago, breadkid said:

wait is there a date for when that will happen?

Haven't seen one announced but with how unbalanced this event may make the game become I am guessing really soon.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

Tyraell

Does that mean that wipe is close ?

AlJabberwock

I would say probably given BSG Hype and clear messages of SPEND THAT STUFF we are getting ... :)

JonRedcorn
22 minutes ago, ConnorMagill said:

Why don't you mention it one more time, I don't think anyone heard you. Everything you sell is now also worth twice as much. The only thing worth less is the cash in your stash. If you find a gun and sell it just like before it's double. So there really is no imbalance, do a run grab some gear, sell it, problem solved. Or complain on the forum endlessly. I guess that's your call.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

AlJabberwock
1 minute ago, JonRedcorn said:

Why don't you mention it one more time, I don't think anyone heard you. Everything you sell is now also worth twice as much. The only thing worth less is the cash in your stash. If you find a gun and sell it just like before it's double. So there really is no imbalance, do a run grab some gear, sell it, problem solved. Or complain on the forum endlessly. I guess that's your call.

Yeah... Beat you by 5 minutes old man, look up.  :) Still, bears repeating.  Estate tax.  For those that go out and do stuff to earn their keep, no real change - just inflation hitting fat cats sitting on piles of stupidly hoarded cash... (like me... DOH).  

Yammit

Everything too expensive now i am mid lvl player, event fail,  i agree.

I go play something else until wipe.

sYs

Don't care.