Sign in to follow this  
ToastedNotes

Removal of the hydration system

ToastedNotes

Picture this, you have just killed roughly 6-8 Scavs by yourself and collected a lot of mid to high tier loot, when you notice you are at 1/100 hydration so you quickly rush and search every Scav you killed looking for any sort of drink, but none of them have any backpacks and their vests only have spare ammo in them. So you quickly start to bleed out (bleed out?!?) and die because you avoided residential areas, which a lot of players and Scavs inhabit, And wanted to not die from foe hidden in one of the buildings. So you died because you couldn't find any source of water at. and your extraction point was half-way across the map.

The point I'm trying to get across is that one shouldn't die from something as menial as dehydration. I get the game is going for a "realistic" theme. But it shouldn't be this hard to find at least one, ONE! water bottle on a Scav. Dying from a sniper, I can understand. Dying from a Hatchling, frustrating, but understandable. BUT

ConnorMagill

Well they can't be completely realistic because games don't last long enough. If it was completely realistic then you would never have to worry about hydration ever because going 45 minutes tops without water is no issue. So it's not realistic currently, just a gameplay mechanic.

I think it will most likely change in the future whenever you have to take care of your character outside of a raid which will make it more realistic.

As long as they extend the dehydration timer.

Edited by ConnorMagill
  • Upvote 1

slugnutzz

"take a feature out of the game because i lost my 74u"  you could have just said this

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Leitbild

Well, you know, you could´ve just Looted something. Shoreline has many Spots where Food and Drink is aviable. The Town allways has Lots of it, just for example.

NnecroO

adapt to it, what every body else does. that's not so hard to loot some or simply bringing a water bottle just for safety.

Maxuma123

Just buy a water bottle from therapist, they're super cheap. After I died of dehydration with a butt load of goods I vowed to always lug one with me if I head out on woods or shoreline. To be honest, it's not even that big of a problem, just something that's supposed to keep you on your feet and make sure people aren't just staying in one place for the entirety of a match.

NPC78745

I think hydration needs to re-thought perhaps...takes at least 3 days to become dehydrated.  Maybe it could be a pre-raid consumable...I like that idea