Blackb1rd

Plot-related news. "The Lights of Tarkov": Тakeover or defense?

Blackb1rd

Dear friends! Just as we promised earlier, we're starting to publish the plot-related news. They will hint you at something moving behind the scenes, but what it is, you'll have to decide for yourself. In the next issues you may find information that can be related to the previous one, add new details or contradict it. What kind of conclusions do you draw for it is up to you!

Thus, the puzzle of Escape from Tarkov plot will come gradually come together into a complete picture, giving you the sense of immersion and bringing to life the locations and characters. Essentially, we are suggesting you to project yourself to the Norvinsk region and try walking in the shoes of those in the midst of unfolding events!

We present to your attention our first issue, a note from The Lights of Tarkov newspaper! And welcome to the comments, where we shall await your guesses on what it could possibly mean and lead to, who are the active participants of the events and goals do they pursue.

newspaper1.jpg

THE LIGHTS OF TARKOV Newspaper
Тakeover or defense? 

A few days ago our editorial staff was approached by the employees of the port area enterprises. According to them, something mysterious is going on in our port: over the past week, mobile security checkpoints have sprung throughout the territory like mushrooms after a spring rain, employees are getting checked for papers every now and then, additional security cameras are getting installed - along with some sort of sensors and other high-tech security and control means. Numerous staff of the Tiger private security agency, who were hired to guard the premises around two years ago, now roam far and wide as never before. Dock workers have already nicknamed them "convoys" and "prison guards". 

We have decided to personally look into the reasons of Tarkov port administration’s sudden preoccupation with reinforcing of the security measures. Turned out, it was not so simple - the port authorities unabashedly responded that no extra measures had been taken, morose "Tigers" refused any contact, and the owner of the security company outright dodged all the questions on the pretext of being too busy. 
In connection with these events, the story we published in our paper last week naturally comes to mind: briefly going back to it, a strange rumor has spread among the night shift workers of the Bay 5 about some men clad in black disembarking from inflatable boats in the vicinity of the Terminal for two nights straight. However, this rumor was not confirmed in any way, and everybody thought that was just a joke of somebody’s imagination, fueled with excessive drinking. 

But shouldn’t we take a closer look instead at the owner of that very PSA, Mr. Korban? Who is, by the way, also the managing director of the Mortorg company, which owns a quarter of the port premises, as well as electrical wiring and equipment, and runs one third of its turnover. Who knows, maybe Mr. Korban has just decided to expand his business in such an unsophisticated way?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Kwahamot

Maybe Mr. Korban has been blackmailed, forced or even voluntarilly been trading weapons, ammunition and much more. Mr. Korban could of hired the security agency to ensure everything is in order, maybe this very security agency is the one blackmailing Mr. Korban. 

Could it be that USEC had heard of this and were the ones the dock workers saw two nights in a row or was it people working for Mr. Korban who were bringing in the merchandise. 

Got me thinking this has, lol. 

• Upvote 1

JAGUAR1950

We may need to send in the good guys:

rs_500x367-140919135237-giphy.gif

Edited by JAGUAR1950

RainingWeeD

Niceeeee <3

TheColdVein

Escapers, I thought I would just make you go crazy even more...One thing you must remember, and for those of you who think there is no story, or want to know--this story has already been written a long time ago. Many of you have no clue how much has gone into this universe, and just exactly how much the Dev Team cares about it, or how much they've sacrificed. Moving long distances to be apart of this ever since AbsolutSoft. Enjoy.
Mozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 02.10.54.24.pngMozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 02.11.41.25.pngMozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 02.12.11.28.png

[Day7 @- Night]

Mozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 02.09.56.23.pngMozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 01.58.57.04.pngMozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 01.59.36.08.pngMozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 02.00.20.09.pngMozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 02.01.01.10.pngMozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 02.01.33.12.png

Mozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 02.01.51.13.pngMozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 02.02.48.14.pngMozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 02.04.15.17.pngMozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 02.04.42.18.pngMozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 02.05.42.20.pngMozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 02.15.18.29.pngMozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 02.19.32.33.pngMozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 02.16.58.31.png

EXTRAS...that make you think.

Mozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 02.21.33.35.pngMozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 02.24.58.38.pngMozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 02.28.14.40.png

Mozilla FireFox - Plugin Container 09.28.2016 - 02.17.13.32.png

Edited by Colonel Twerkins
I should have spoilered them to keep things neater. Sry.
  • Upvote 1

Enchalada

I believe Mr. Korban is addressing the issue at hand, excessive drinking on the job by evening employees. You see by adding additional checkpoint to the existing ones he can prevent these employees, under the influence, from ever making it to work and putting others and themselves at risk from harm. Nevertheless Mr. Korban is worried also about liability and the welfare of his businesses. With the added security cameras and measures he can monitor and have evidence of negligence if any work place accident or situation should ever arise. All measures taken are merely tools to aid in the safety and productivity of the port area enterprises. 

TheColdVein

║ Heightened Security

║ Old Security is obviously upset, as they are more like prison guards--but who are the prisoners?

║ Mr. Korban is being paid to, "Look the other way."

║ Terragroup is behind it, and USEC is securing the area.

║ Terragroup is shipping and storing something marked, "BLUE ICE"?

║ This is about the control of a major entry way/exit to Tarkov, the city not being far away.

║ Is this before or after the "Contract/PMC Wars?" If before, the ports will become a "target designation". Could be after, and the covert squad coming in are BEAR operators fighting USEC for control of the port.

Lastly, I personally believe that the Russian Federation unwittingly did business with Terragroup, and TG's actions caused a "scandal" for the RF, who recruited BEAR regain control. As to what TG is doing, I believe they are attempting to dominate the world. Their name MEANS "World Group". Or it could be that they were employed to get rid of waste, but instead buried it, and now there are major issues with the land.

Zoraxon

I personally really enjoy these, it allows you to theorise about Tarkov as a location with history, and makes you think more about the environment aside from the standard "Hey look, another car. How'd that get there?", But it lets you look at it with a little more...meaning almost.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Zoraxon
2 minutes ago, Colonel Twerkins said:

@SMOKE911 Read this again:

Now you claim it has nothing to do with butt hurt about the release of further content, but this statement tells a different story:

PR Stunt to keep people busy for what? You really meant "distract" them...from what?
My point is, your response is very condescending, and your retort disingenuous . The man is trying to intrigue us, and make the whole experience fun.

Your "opinion" was not necessary, or helpful in any way. You are incorrect; it is NOT partially your job to tell them those things, and this is not a job for you period. You're just spreading negative moral.

What do I have to do with this? I just dropped an encouraging 2 cents and left.

• Upvote 1

TheColdVein

@Zoraxon, you were just an example of positivity. 9_9

Natalino
23 minutes ago, Zoraxon said:

What do I have to do with this? I just dropped an encouraging 2 cents and left.

lol.  I love this comment.

''Wait what?  What did I do?''  **:benoway::benoway::bedizzy::bedizzy:**

Not you man haha.  He is using your words to an example. xD 

• Upvote 1

TheColdVein

@Anvil, yes that's a better way to word it.

Angel_Eyes

@Colonel Twerkins

You read that haha. I actually did not realize this was not in ALPHA section and deleted that comment. It wasnt a breach but I felt out of place.

BrandonS101
On 9/28/2016 at 11:39 AM, Colonel Twerkins said:

Escapers, I thought I would just make you go crazy even more...One thing you must remember, and for those of you who think there is no story, or want to know--this story has already been written a long time ago. Many of you have no clue how much has gone into this universe, and just exactly how much the Dev Team cares about it, or how much they've sacrificed. Moving long distances to be apart of this ever since AbsolutSoft. Enjoy.

Is this for eft or contract warss 2? looks good

• Upvote 1

Enchalada
36 minutes ago, BrandonS101 said:

Is this for eft or contract warss 2? looks good

It's just Contract Wars (current version).

• Upvote 1