Jump to content

Suicide Animation with pistol? (Darker side of realism lol)


KingJamesIII

Recommended Posts

KingJamesIII

I know I know.
Instead of pressing L to "take a look" at your gun,
how about holding a certain key to put the pistol to the side of your head? just like L for looking at your gun, but it just holds it to the side of the players head, it's up to you to click.
Haha... I know, but honestly. Wouldn't it be nuts?  Both of a guys legs are wasted, he's limping aimlessly on Shoreline... it's his last bullet..... you swing around the corner.. and witness it

xD

  • Thanks 1
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
canoztrk24

Actually, No More Room in Hell, another game, does this.

This "suicide mechanic" is definitely useful but I'm not sure if it is any realistic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Electric_Tiger

Modify Key+Inspect+Check Chamber

 

It would be the goofiest keybind, but if you're bleeding out or just saw your buddy get THUMP'd by an UBGL, then it would make a great cinematic moment for any spectators.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love if this was an option and that it would deny other players the dogtag. You'd still die and other players would still be able to loot all of your gear but at least you could minimize that loot value by so much simply by killing yourself and denying them the dogtag. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Electric_Tiger
5 minutes ago, reemr said:

I would love if this was an option and that it would deny other players the dogtag. You'd still die and other players would still be able to loot all of your gear but at least you could minimize that loot value by so much simply by killing yourself and denying them the dogtag. 

Except they can still take your dog tag..

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Electric_Tiger said:

Except they can still take your dog tag..

What? It was a suggestion. Not a description of current gameplay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sordid_lemon
36 minutes ago, Electric_Tiger said:

Except they can still take your dog tag..

Okay.....?  This really doesn't have any relevance to your Dog Tag, but okay.

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Electric_Tiger
1 hour ago, Sordid_lemon said:

Okay.....?  This really doesn't have any relevance to your Dog Tag, but okay.

Maybe you should read the quoted comment before looking like a complete asshat.

 

2 hours ago, reemr said:

What? It was a suggestion. Not a description of current gameplay.

The ellipses threw off what I meant. My bad.

But imagine if they could* take your dog tag. "killed by Social Responsibility"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sordid_lemon
2 hours ago, Electric_Tiger said:

Maybe you should read the quoted comment before looking like a complete asshat.

 

The ellipses threw off what I meant. My bad.

But imagine if they could* take your dog tag. "killed by Social Responsibility"

Again, you fail to make any logical sense. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Electric_Tiger
7 hours ago, Sordid_lemon said:

Again, you fail to make any logical sense. 

I wasn't even talking to you. I was talking to the guy that wanted to deny dog-tags by an hero.

Did you eat too many tide pods, kid? You seem to have sustained some tribial brain dabblage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
zpwarrior
12 hours ago, reemr said:

What? It was a suggestion. Not a description of current gameplay.

It was a silly suggestion. This very thread mentions realism, which is the theme the devs are going. So how does killing yourself, suddenly make your dogtags unlootable?

Link to post
Share on other sites
crestandries

Man this whole thread just shows what kinds are playing this game these days.....no wonder the numbers are dropping.

Link to post
Share on other sites

if you are stuck in a doorway or behind a door, shot up, bleeding out, limping..... a suicide key would be handy, i hate disconnecting on purpose.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, zpwarrior said:

It was a silly suggestion. This very thread mentions realism, which is the theme the devs are going. So how does killing yourself, suddenly make your dogtags unlootable?

I dont think so. It'd be the same as pulling it off and throwing it away. Not really outside the realm of possibility, is it? I mean, it's not like we're splitting atoms or anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...