Sign in to follow this  
zpwarrior

Mag Change

zpwarrior

What would everyone think about a piece of gear for dropping magazines into. I can't stand that I drop a Magazine even though I have room in my vest when the new one goes in. 

• Like 1

Caydran

Yeah I used to have dump pouches for my Airsoft rifles, would be nice in-game, especially since gear is supposed to be scarce. 

HappyCamper

Could work the same as the documents case. But for gamebalance I'm sceptical at best. Without specific rules it is just extra storage space to get extra loot.

So why not just get a bigger vest and leave room for the reload to be dropped in, because that is what this pouch is imo? Or manually dump the empty mags in your backpack?

zpwarrior
3 hours ago, HappyCamper said:

Could work the same as the documents case. But for gamebalance I'm sceptical at best. Without specific rules it is just extra storage space to get extra loot.

So why not just get a bigger vest and leave room for the reload to be dropped in, because that is what this pouch is imo? Or manually dump the empty mags in your backpack?

Maybe it could be it's own slot that can have only mags be placed in there off a fast/double tap reload. My biggest gripe is just not being able to replace a mag in a slot that your taking the new mag from and instead dropping it on the ground.

HappyCamper
5 minutes ago, zpwarrior said:

Maybe it could be it's own slot that can have only mags be placed in there off a fast/double tap reload. My biggest gripe is just not being able to replace a mag in a slot that your taking the new mag from and instead dropping it on the ground.

A fast reload is based on not having to put your mag anywhere. Just knocking it out of the gun in a hurry and popping in a fresh mag to continue shooting. Having to put it in yet another bag negates that purpose.

If you really value your mags just keep room in your vest.

zpwarrior
9 minutes ago, HappyCamper said:

A fast reload is based on not having to put your mag anywhere. Just knocking it out of the gun in a hurry and popping in a fresh mag to continue shooting. Having to put it in yet another bag negates that purpose.

Then it could still be placed into it after a normal reload. I just find it silly that when I reload in no kind of hurry that I just drop a mag on the floor even though I will have room when I replace the mag. Nothing of priority, just something to think about.

HappyCamper
Just now, zpwarrior said:

Then it could still be placed into it after a normal reload. I just find it silly that when I reload in no kind of hurry that I just drop a mag on the floor even though I will have room when I replace the mag. Nothing of priority, just something to think about.

Again, leave room in your vest. What are you carrying that you don't have room? You only run with scav vests? Or are you full of loot and need extra space?

zpwarrior
13 minutes ago, HappyCamper said:

Again, leave room in your vest. What are you carrying that you don't have room? You only run with scav vests? Or are you full of loot and need extra space?

I am a loot goblin so normally my loot starts to take up room rather quick. However the issue arises again, when you have a pistol, which in the next patch will be alot more prevalent imo. You reload the pistol and the mag gets placed in say, your only open mag slot. Now you switch back to your main, reload and drop the mag. Hell I wouldn't mind if it tacked on more time to reload time if no slot is available and it just replaced the slot of the incoming mag. 

HappyCamper
1 minute ago, zpwarrior said:

I am a loot goblin so normally my loot starts to take up room rather quick. However the issue arises again, when you have a pistol, which in the next patch will be alot more prevalent imo. You reload the pistol and the mag gets placed in say, your only open mag slot. Now you switch back to your main, reload and drop the mag. Hell I wouldn't mind if it tacked on more time to reload time if no slot is available and it just replaced the slot of the incoming mag. 

I know what you mean, have encountered than as well. But it comes down to inventory management. You need to keep track of what you are doing. And reading your comment I see you know what the issue is, so I would think you would be able to manage that without too much trouble. But I guess everyone handles the learning process in his own way.

JJamie
35 minutes ago, HappyCamper said:

ya - kinda like....the exact same thing she does in the video even with a "dump pouch"??  hahaha

SommerTheViking

I would like to see this in the game

• Like 1

zpwarrior
5 minutes ago, HappyCamper said:

I know what you mean, have encountered than as well. But it comes down to inventory management. You need to keep track of what you are doing. And reading your comment I see you know what the issue is, so I would think you would be able to manage that without too much trouble. But I guess everyone handles the learning process in his own way.

I'm pretty good with my inventory management most of the time, the issue normally arises in the midst of a fight or when one pops off after looting. I think it just would be a nice quality of life change is all.

Here is a better video of what would be nice for the magazine slot replacement. That way you would also know where that mag would be in your inventory too, not moving around every reload.

Edited by zpwarrior

HappyCamper
9 minutes ago, zpwarrior said:

I think it just would be a nice quality of life change is all.

Fair enough. As long as it has to be carried in your vest or backpack and doesn't generate extra space I agree. Otherwise it is just an excuse to have extra room for loot.

zpwarrior
1 minute ago, HappyCamper said:

Fair enough. As long as it has to be carried in your vest or backpack and doesn't generate extra space I agree. Otherwise it is just an excuse to have extra room for loot.

Ya, maybe the restriction is nothing can be inserted into it unless it is from a reload. Then you can take the magazines back out of it and into your vests from the inventory.

Otharious
Spoiler

TL:DR.  Say vest fits 6 mags only have 6 mags. Do not have 6 mags + mag in rifle(=7) as your vest only holds 6. (each mag gets its own bed! no sharing! lol)

So the way am reading this thread no one has pointed out one thing.....

If you have a vest fully loaded with mags.    When one unloads you TAKE the mag out and put it in your vest.  But its kind of hard to have a unloaded mag in your HAND to take out the new mag to also put it into your weapon.

Normally its Drop mag--->load mag out of vest----> pick up mag put in now empty slot in real life.

Or..the smarter way your vest can hold 6 mags.   

DO NOT HAVE A 7TH IN YOUR rifle cause it wont fit in your vest and you will drop it .

Edited by Otharious

Chouette
8 minutes ago, Otharious said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So the way am reading this thread no one has pointed out one thing.....

If you have a vest fully loaded with mags.    When one unloads you TAKE the mag out and put it in your vest.  But its kind of hard to have a unloaded mag in your HAND to take out the new mag to also put it into your weapon.

Normally its Drop mag--->load mag out of vest----> pick up mag put in now empty slot in real life.

Or..the smarter way your vest can hold 6 mags.    DO NOT HAVE A 7TH IN YOUR GUN cause it wont fit and you will drop it  always leave a spot for the mag in your gun in your vest. sadly you don't have 2 hands on one arm to juggle 2 mags lol!

Check the video zpwarrior has linked above, in this video the fresh is taken from the rig first and the reload occurs after: Pick fresh mag --> eject mag and pick it with the same hand --> Load fresh mag --> put other mag in rig slot.

This way you don't need an empty slot in rig.

HappyCamper
16 hours ago, Chouette said:

Check the video zpwarrior has linked above,

You didn't watch his first video, did you?

What you said might be true for a pistol mag, but I'd like to see you try with a 60rd drum for example ;)

But yeah, like zpwarrior and I agreed upon is that however you turn it, you will need free space for your mags. Be it in a vest, a pouch, your pockets or whatever you come up with.

Edited by HappyCamper

Endonium

I don't think this is needed. Only thing to change is the necessity to have an empty slot for the magasine that gets swapped. The operative word is "swap", so no reason to need an empty slot in the tactical vest for this to be done.

AdhesiveTeflon

Doing a tactical reload (not speed reload) like this isn't the norm because it takes some time getting used to.  You make a "C" with your middle and ring finger like the pic below.  Then take a full mag out your mag pouch with the "C" you made.  With your pinky/pointer/thumb, you grab the empty mag while pressing on the mag release at the same time so the empty mag just doesn't drop on the ground.  Then insert the full mag, hit the bolt release, and place empty mag wherever you like or throw at enemy.

Don't mind my little baby cutie hands, it's a lot easier with bigger hands.

image.thumb.png.389779282535c7c71f97ec8d9be0e67b.png

shepperd

The dump pouch for mags looks like a good idea, but they will need to the key so only mags will be placed there, and this way you can loot mags if you need to. Also, how come there are not leg mag pouches to attach to the character with the same purpose this could hold your main weapons mag or pistol mags.