BostonTarkov

Why are hatchlings so taboo?

I was browsing Reddit earlier and took note of the amount of people saying that hatchlings 'ruin the hardcore feel' and 'make the game less realistic' etc. Someone even went as far as to say they'd stop playing over it,

As someone who favors hatchet runs, I'm interested to know why someone would dislike the idea of hatchet runs. In my mind, hatchet runs are necessary if you run out of roubles.

Any thoughts?

Edited by BostonTarkov
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 3

The running out of roubles is fine but there are also scav runs that you can do and apparently (I haven't tested this myself) but the game additionally sends you roubles if the value in your stash is too low. It's mostly because almost always you should be able to afford to buy a Makarov or do a scav run. And with how much money people usually have in their stash it's just annoying that people don't use that gear and play the game the way it is intended.

Another reason they are hated is that there is no reward for you other than dogtags (which at the moment doesn't serve much purpose imo but will be used for trades in the upcoming update), and they have no punishment for dying so they just rush the loot spawns like safes to gamma all of it.

They're also hated due to the way hatchlings can get up in your face and shove your muzzle up into the ceiling reducing your ability to defend yourself. This and the fact that desync is on their side, it just annoys people when they are killed by a person with a hatchet, not a firearm.

Running hatching can be fun I know that much, especially doing a 'rags to riches' runs. But it does get annoying to be killed by them due to desync whilst having all the good loot taken out of the raid by hatchlings with nothing to lose, that and that they take up spots in the lobbies that could go to players with gear.

Sidenote: BSG will be implementing persistent damage to the game later on when the hideout comes, supposedly this will make hatchet runs less viable

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Noone said hatchlings are taboo, they are just unwanted. In my oppinion it is unrealistic when a lumberjack runs through a warzone. But there are a few things in the current state of the game which fall into that category, so lets say this argument doesnt count. 

While everyone can play the game he bought the way HE wants it, it still wasnt designed to be a logger simulator. They run to high loot areas, get as much loot as they can, then they either extract or die. Leaving people who take their gear out, no other option as to just kill other geared people and exract as looting dorms and whatnot has no meaning.

They expect people to let them live, so they can get a gun from a dead scav and kill the geared dude from behind. Mostly still dying. But people have been fooled by this too much to ever trust those ever again.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb BostonTarkov:

In my mind, hatchet runs are necessary if you run out of roubles.

Is it? I have many raids completed, while only surviving 35% of those. So my survival rate isnt even near good. Still have a full stash full of everything I want (Forts, F-MTs, m4s etc.). I do not have millions of dollars or over 10 million rubbles like some people, but I also wouldnt have any use in it either. So tell me how bad has someone to be to have nothing? Are people simply not cut out for this game or are they just not  trying to improve? 

Now back at you: Why do you favor hatchet runs? Why do you play a game with cool weapon animations/gameplay, when you just run with a hatchet? Wouldn't games like MineCraft, Rust etc be better in terms of felling trees?

38 minutes ago, BostonTarkov said:

As someone who favors hatchet runs, I'm interested to know why someone would dislike the idea of hatchet runs. In my mind, hatchet runs are necessary if you run out of roubles.

I would say mainly because there are limited players in a raid and each hatchet runner is taking a lot of potential good PVP and also gear they could have looted. So basically, you came in between that. Also, some do hatchet runs due to loving to hoard and not even just running out of gear. But hey, not everyone has to love everything. I am sure many also enjoy using it.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, PardTheTroll said:

Now back at you: Why do you favor hatchet runs? Why do you play a game with cool weapon animations/gameplay, when you just run with a hatchet? Wouldn't games like MineCraft, Rust etc be better in terms of felling trees?

I think it adds another challenge to the game. Almost like evolution of weapons in a sense, you start with just a hatchet, take a scav or two, and use that to take a player and extract.

I don't expect you to show mercy to hatchlings, either. In fact, I would highly advise shooting them down at first sight.

I don't think that the amount of roubles or gear you have correspond to how skilled you are. Actually, I'd say at the current moment that nearly any result given from a CQC encounter in raid could be considered atleast 50% luck, given netcode and other factors. I just think that in addition to a scav, that this also helps balance out how acquiring gear works.

Edited by BostonTarkov

1 hour ago, BostonTarkov said:

I was browsing Reddit earlier and took note of the amount of people saying that hatchlings 'ruin the hardcore feel' and 'make the game less realistic' etc. Someone even went as far as to say they'd stop playing over it,

Any thoughts?

Oh boy its this thread again

Never been outplayed by a hatchet, and I brutally hate them. To me the game is about risk / reward with incredible gun play. Hatchets don't contribute to the incredible gun play, or to the risk / reward system.

1 hour ago, Franco-s said:

Never been outplayed by a hatchet, and I brutally hate them. To me the game is about risk / reward with incredible gun play. Hatchets don't contribute to the incredible gun play, or to the risk / reward system.

With incredible gun play that makes u aim ur gun through a ceiling when u have full fort and fast and somebody with a makarov is shooting u in the chest. Leave those hatchlings alone. Everybody has done it at some point.

5 hours ago, Franco-s said:

Sounds pretty bitter and intolerant given that they 'don't contribute'...

You people act as though there's just wave after wave, raid after raid of hatchets. It's so sadly humorous.

• Sad 4
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, qS_Sachiel said:

Sounds pretty bitter and intolerant given that they 'don't contribute'...

You people act as though there's just wave after wave, raid after raid of hatchets. It's so sadly humorous.

"Intolerant" LOLLLLLLL. Okay buddy. I'm glad I need to be tolerant on a video game

Oh wait, I don't. I gave my opinion. I don't think they contribute any to the game. They're boring, they do nothing but run at you and either desync around you, or die in about two seconds. Boring boring boring.

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Franco-s said:

I brutally hate [hatchet runners].

It's OK. let it out. Again, such very strong emotions for a game element which has little to no influence on the game, but ok. The fact that customs, woods, shoreline have player #'s greater than 10 means the one hatchetling ruins your day.

Working as intended?

Edited by qS_Sachiel
  • Sad 1

Though I don’t do hatchet runs as I don’t see the need to , the 3 reasons being :

1) the time it takes to load into a game , just for someone to kill you in seconds / minutes just to reload up into the game is very annoying and time consuming.

2) seeing a geared player and not being able to defend yourself at distance / especially when they can be easy take downs if they don’t see you why would you not want to bring in a gun to kill players to get their gear / dog tag / more importantly exp. 

3) don’t see the need to loot crates ( to a certain extent, ) factory I don’t loot any crates haven’t in over a year don’t see the need, I’m there to kill players / scavs to get the gear and guns / dog tags to sell . Safes are fine to loot but other than that what’s the point of getting grips / lights when a gun sells for more ? On bigger maps ok yeah better loot can be found such as guns / but coins / quest items  etc but if I did all that running just to die no point , but generally hatchlings are more on factory. 

You can always have enough to bring in at least one gun , I also don’t mind people running with hatchets. Not only since the dog tags were introduced are they more valuable to kill now than killing and selling scav weapons, they are an easy kill in general. 

Also now that dog tags will be exchanged with items on the next update even more reason to kill the hatchlings. So if players want to run with hatches let them I say. Plus if you face all fully geared players means more likely you will die . So let people play how they want , it’s also a beta and gameplay will change over time so bare that in mind. This is all just my opinion but last time I brought this up so many people agreed. See you all out there my fellow escapers :)

15 minutes ago, Franco-s said:

"Intolerant" LOLLLLLLL. Okay buddy. I'm glad I need to be tolerant on a video game

Oh wait, I don't. I gave my opinion. I don't think they contribute any to the game. They're boring, they do nothing but run at you and either desync around you, or die in about two seconds. Boring boring boring.

You sound like the COD/Pubg type of player. I don't think Escape from Tarkov would be suited to you liking. 

Just saying.

- Sordid Lemon

7 hours ago, qS_Sachiel said:

You people act as though there's just wave after wave, raid after raid of hatchets.

That actually sounds really fun.  The most heart pumping action I had in the game was being chased by a hatchling in shoreline.  Too bad the server screwed up and ended up showing him running in place.

Edited by AdhesiveTeflon
  • Like 1

A bunch of people moan about it, because they can't get any of a hatchlings non-existent high end loot. Or they get killed by a hatchling with zero skill. Its the games low end currency and I hope it stays as it is.

Edited by Van_Hellspit
I can't spell
  • Like 1

Also, lorewise I consider the hatchlings to be poor shmucks who got robbed of their gear while passed out in a feverish fit in a small shack! :D And as BSG has stated numerous times, there isn't "a right way to play" this game and they don't want to limit anyones preferred method of escape. Every strategy is a valid strategy unless it's a direct cheat!

Its more about those fuckers rushing all the safes and good loot rooms that frustrate players. It'd be amazing if they implemented that once a raid starts you can no longer stash poo away in your secured container. You can bring anything you want and pull out of said container at will but you cant stash things in it during a raid. For players all around it would add to the risk factor of finding a bitcoin or something valuable and actually have to survive and get out rather than just die and not worry about losing what you just found. That would probably cut down on hatchet running substantially.

• Like 1

You should't care for hatchlings, and those who run around naked on the next patches are goin to have a VERY bad time, the whining is gonna be through the roof and I'm gonna feed on their tears ^_^

To everyone worrying about Hatchlings rushing loot.  Here are some tips.

Enter raid with your loadout of choice.  Keep your armor in your bag.

When you enter raid, press 1 to equip your pistol.

Run to loot area.

Put armor on.

Press 2 to equip your main weapon.

Mow down hatchlings.

Profit.

Dry tears.

• Like 1

being a hatchet runner makes it more hardcore so i don't know what these gears guys are going on about saying it ruins the hardcore feel, maybe lay down your arms and give it ago..

i did not see many hatchlings during this last event, everyone was in full gear.. yet they all complain for a wipe.

i don't get it, it is part of the core of this game, get over it.