CovertMist0

New Gun Ideas

CovertMist0

So I love the current lineup of guns however I do think theres a few more we could have like the Remington 700, the ACR, the AUG and Tavor Bullpup rifles, the Glock could use a full auto conversion kit as well as different calibres, the UMP 9 and UMP 45 as well as Kar98K, these are just some of the guns I would love to see come into the game and maybe some calibre conversions for some existing M4s like 9mm 45 300 blackout and others!

• Upvote 1

Dusty747

so, i havent checked the forums or anything but im pretty sure they arent going to add any more guns into the game.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Natalino
50 minutes ago, Dusty747 said:

im pretty sure they arent going to add any more guns into the game.

No idea why you assumed that but there will be over 200 weapons in Escape from Tarkov.

• Upvote 2

LittleKachowski

In terms of believability for Escape from Tarkov, there's a sort of odd criteria a weapon generally falls under

Now obviously, BSG will add whatever they want, but this is speaking out of what is currently in and confirmed for the game

Russian weapons in the game are there because... Russia. Since it's their homeland, the guns there should be old and mass-produced. Weapons of the Kalashnikov pattern will be absolutely everywhere, however obscure guns will also be scattered in the mix.

Examples of this are the SR-3M, OTs-14, Mosin Nagant, Dragunov (SVD, SVDS, and SVU-A), A-91, and the GSH-18

Since the USEC are bringing weapons to Tarkov, they're only going to be standard-issue and un-special, so Tavor and Steyr seem to have a slim chance of making an appearance.

However, some guns that would go good for USEC loadouts would be: UMP, G36(C), SG (552, 553, 550), and the R12

Feel free to scream at me, or deliberate with me. Thanks!

Edited by LittleKachowski

Jedi5150
4 hours ago, Dusty747 said:

so, i havent checked the forums or anything but im pretty sure they arent going to add any more guns into the game.

Obvious troll is obvious. 

Jedi5150
56 minutes ago, LittleKachowski said:

In terms of believability for Escape from Tarkov, there's a sort of odd criteria a weapon generally falls under

Now obviously, BSG will add whatever they want, but this is speaking out of what is currently in and confirmed for the game

Russian weapons in the game are there because... Russia. Since it's their homeland, the guns there should be old and mass-produced. Weapons of the Kalashnikov pattern will be absolutely everywhere, however obscure guns will also be scattered in the mix.

Examples of this are the SR-3M, OTs-14, Mosin Nagant, Dragunov (SVD, SVDS, and SVU-A), A-91, and the GSH-18

Since the USEC are bringing weapons to Tarkov, they're only going to be standard-issue and un-special, so Tavor and Steyr seem to have a slim chance of making an appearance.

However, some guns that would go good for USEC loadouts would be: UMP, G36(C), SG (552, 553, 550), and the R12

Feel free to scream at me, or deliberate with me. Thanks!

There are a couple great articles out there written by PMC's, who are more than happy to explain the common weapons they carry.

One particular PMC I just read from said that AK variants in the 7.62x39 cartridge were by far the most common contractor weapon in Iraq, followed by the M4.  Other notable mentions were the FAL and G3.  Those would both be good to add to the game, as would be the SCAR 16 and 17.  This particular guy said the Browning High Power was hands down the most popular PMC pistol.  He also mentioned the M249 and M240.  One of my coworkers did some contract work in Iraq, and he carried a CAR-15 (granddaddy of the M4). 

Edited by Jedi5150

DrakeVanders

Weapons that the OP suggested are entirely possible to be featured with exception of the TAVOR, not the right setting for that gun.

Some weapons like the Kar98K and Remington 700 are likely to be these Scav weapons and possibly weapons used by Scav Snipers,

UMP isn't that far fetched since the UMP is actually CHEAPER than the MP5. ACR and AUG are possible but they'll probably be along the same rarity lines as the RSASS in many respects.

I could see some guns that are used by UN Peacekeeping European nations like Germany and France and even eastern bloc countries like Bosnia, Croatia, Yugoslavia and Czech Rebublic

Jedi5150
2 hours ago, DrakeVanders said:

ACR and AUG are possible but they'll probably be along the same rarity lines as the RSASS in many respects.

I could see some guns that are used by UN Peacekeeping European nations like Germany and France and even eastern bloc countries like Bosnia, Croatia, Yugoslavia and Czech Rebublic

I'm not sure why so many folks (in a few threads I've read) are suggesting the ACR.  Nobody uses it.  I mean literally nobody.xD  It was a failed weapon that only ever became popular in video games.  The Tavor has actually been adopted by a laundry list of governments, including the Ukraine, which would not be far outside the realm of possibility in this game.  And the FN SCAR has a huge following, which includes Serbia, Bosnia, Georgia, and Lithuania, all of which would make it not too much of a stretch for this game.   I just don't get why everyone is mentioning the ACR and nobody is mentioning the SCAR, when one is actually possible and the other is incredibly far fetched.  You can't keep a straight face and say that the Tavor is unrealistic, but they should include the ACR, when you actually compare who uses the two rifles.    

Edited by Jedi5150

Ridickmint

Would love to see the L85A2 in the game just its a really good bullpup and technically would fit into the setting since Terra group is a UK based company. so would make sense that some of the USEC's were outfitted with UK weapons and kit although I can completely understand if its not implemented due to the weapon not being the most popular in the world.

Jedi5150
44 minutes ago, Ridickmint said:

Would love to see the L85A2 in the game just its a really good bullpup ...

Not sure if serious?  O.o

The L85 is the most hated military rifle of the last half century...especially by those poor souls unfortunate enough to have to use it.  It is the only rifle used by a major military that literally falls apart in the field...like parts dropping off of it. xD   There is a reason that even the Brits don't use it for their elite units, they use the M4. 

Edited by Jedi5150

Ridickmint
2 hours ago, Jedi5150 said:

Not sure if serious?  O.o

The L85 is the most hated military rifle of the last half century...especially by those poor souls unfortunate enough to have to use it.  It is the only rifle used by a major military that literally falls apart in the field...like parts dropping off of it. xD   There is a reason that even the Brits don't use it for their elite units, they use the M4. 

The L85A1 was terrible and gave the rifle its bad reputation however the A2 is a much more reliable and better overall rifle after H&K redesigned some of the components that were causing the the issues with the A1.
With the SAS / elite forces ect i guess preference and adaptability as well as the fact it is such a common platform that the parts ect will be very abundant so why wouldn't you choose the M4 its got its reputation for being good so I can see why they don't use the L85 over it.
I just think the L85A2 would be a nice change from the more common weapons you see in every game plus its a nice looking weapon with decent amount of customisation.

ChichoHoarin

L85 only performs good in Rainbow six siege ; otherwise , it suckssssssssssssss
But , this is EFT , they even try to add mosin nagant , so I guess L85 will be added to the game , 
just not joyful to use.

CovertMist0
On 4/10/2018 at 12:36 AM, Jedi5150 said:

There are a couple great articles out there written by PMC's, who are more than happy to explain the common weapons they carry.

One particular PMC I just read from said that AK variants in the 7.62x39 cartridge were by far the most common contractor weapon in Iraq, followed by the M4.  Other notable mentions were the FAL and G3.  Those would both be good to add to the game, as would be the SCAR 16 and 17.  This particular guy said the Browning High Power was hands down the most popular PMC pistol.  He also mentioned the M249 and M240.  One of my coworkers did some contract work in Iraq, and he carried a CAR-15 (granddaddy of the M4). 

We also have to realize the game will need variety. undoubtedly we will see traders in some form or fasion bringing in oddity weapons and such for a quick buck