Sign in to follow this  
Pr8Dator

Advise For Beginners...

I know its tempting to just buying a bunch of your favorite gear and jump into a live game straight away.... and lose it all... yes, 100%.

Why? cos this game is hard if you don't know the map exits and the shooting mechanics....

This is my advise for beginners...

1. Play in the offline mode PVE! Learn how the unique movement system of this game works, particularly the leaning and the graduated speed and graduated body posture.

2. Before playing a new weapon, again, practise it in the PVE mode... you will be surprised how a different weapon can throw your whole aim and tactic off.

3. Google for the map exits and then run through them in offline mode but without the PVE . Not knowing how to safely get to the exits will always get you killed.

4. Cheap weapons are better than expensive ones. Stick to cheap weapons until such time your skill level is high enough that better more expensive weapons actually make a difference to your performance.

5. Don't bother insuring your fanciful weapons, they will always be looted. Insure basic looking weapons instead so that you can get them back when people ignore them in the loot. Getting back an insured weapon, no matter how cheap it is, is still cheaper than buying it again.

6. No matter how well dressed you are in full class 6 armor and a kick ass 500,000 weapon, you can still be killed randomly from someone you don't see. So don't bet your success on spending more... improve your general gameplay is the key... knowing where to move, where to peek, where enemies commonly are, where the common camping sites are etc.

7. Remember, even if you can consistently kill all the enemies in PVE, you can still be randomly killed by PVP players... so don't think you are invincible. Always know that every raid could mean death and therefore, don't bet all your gears on it.

There are many more things other people have covered but I think these are the basic things beginners should bear in mind.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Smeagol07 said:

2. you can also play as scav to learn the map

But that again put the beginner in a place of fear or getting killed early and quickly. Still not the best way to learn a map.

10 minutes ago, Pr8Dator said:

But that again put the beginner in a place of fear or getting killed early and quickly. Still not the best way to learn a map.

well, he doesn't lose any gear. I think that is the mainproblem for beginners. 

playing as a scav allows him to learn the map with gear but without losing anything from his stack.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Smeagol07 said:

playing as a scav allows him to learn the map with gear but without losing anything from his stack.

The main problem is dying before he learned the map at all. I would say that is step 2 after having doe the solo map run offline.

Killing PVE do not guarantee success against players but not being able to be confident handling PVE means you are really going to have a hard time with real players.

8. If you don't want your weapon to be looted, it is best you don't put a scope on it. Most players don't have time to look at a weapon carefully when looting , esp in a high speed map like factory. So most will loot weapons that look badass with a scope on it. The moment they don't see a scope on it, they mostly ignore it even if you had the best muzzle brake and other stuffs on it. Ironsights are not that bad once you get used to them.

Gettin' that post count up on the sly, eh bro? :P Nah man I'm just playing. I actually found your 8th and 9th point to be pretty prudent. Gotta love the psychology of the Tarkov experience. 

As a new player, thank you for all the info.

After knowing let's say customs and factory well enough, can you order a list of priorities like trader tasks, keys, etc... ?

General things if you're new; 

• OP SKS is a good gun for early game. It can easily kill a kitted player. 
  • Always bring spare meds in your secure container for serious runs if you have the space.
  • Dying is the best lesson. Always try to sit back and wonder what you could have done differently when you die. Did you turn a corner too quickly, not pay enough attention to your surroundings? 
  • Hatchet runs are viable ways to learn player spawns and maps without risking anything. Also gives non-hatchlings free money from your dog tags. 
  • Rush trader tasks as fast as you can, I strongly suggest the Therapist and Prapor for your first two. 

Best thing I can say to anyone whether new or not is to get used to dying. You're going to die, you're going to lose that amazing fantastic badass gun you've been working on all day, and you're going to be pissed.

You're also going to kill someone with a handgun and take an even better gun. Just give yourself time, and don't stress about it.

On 4/16/2018 at 6:53 AM, Smeagol07 said:

yes playing as a scav will let him learn the basic layout of the map, but he wont learn the extractions. He will literally have no idea how to extract as a scav, because scav exits are different than PMC's. Even I can't find some of the extracts on some of the maps because I've never used them before.