Sign in to follow this  
UlyssesVengeanc

Automatic Recoil and Limb Damage Systems Suggestions

UlyssesVengeanc

Automatic Recoil 

As a player dedicated to both realism and balance, I suggest that full-auto should not be automatically compensated by your character, but rather a traditional player-controlled compensation(such as ArmA 3's system) where you have to manually pull down to adjust for recoil. Please take note however, I only wish to apply this to full auto; semi-automatic is fine the way it is, with the aim point resetting after each shot - although I wouldn't mind if there were some minor tweaks. This would discourage the full-auto meta that is currently in effect while promoting longer firefights in general, with skill becoming more important than who has a faster firing weapon.

Limb Damage

My second suggestion is that blacked out limbs can be repaired to a percentage of their respective health. Three ways to achieve this off the top of my head could be: 

1. A personal medical item, such as the Xstat syringe - would require a bleeding, destroyed limb to be patched and take 'x' amount of time to apply.

2. A rest mechanic with the character resting for an certain amount of time - not a huge fan of this tbh, but it is an idea.

3. A surgical kit to be used by another player, which would promote teamplay, but give diminishing returns upon consecutive uses.

This came to me when I thought about the eventual free roam of the entire map; I for one don't want to be limited to limping for kilometers on end, be continually dehydrating due to a blacked out stomach before I hit an extract or in general becoming a liability to my teammates. I believe this would extend the capabilities of casualties by giving them more options beyond popping painkillers and make consecutive firefights more attractive as an options, rather than having a casualty becoming a 'walking dead man' with multiple limbs destroyed.

Please feel free to add your own thoughts, I am curious to see how our community would feel if these mechanics were implemented.

Song of the day: Valkyrie - Battle Tapes

PALMpje

I like to use a lot of different weapons and not the same one over and over to learn the recoil so no fan of the first suggestion, but i actually like the idea of repairing a limb with a special medkit which will take time (maybe like 2 minutes) and max heath of that limb goes down to like 50%.

Edited by PALMpje

Dilldabeast

I think this could be posted in the suggestions area

UlyssesVengeanc

@Dilldabeast uhhhh, it is? Pretty sure it says "English speaking forum > For developers > Suggestions" up above the topic

UlyssesVengeanc

@PALMpje fair enough, however I believe I did not elaborate enough on my first suggestion.

Currently after firing the first 3-5 rounds(as of 0.7) of an automatic weapon the muzzle climb becomes non-existent, allowing you to saturate a target while in an unstable stance with laser accurate precision at almost any range; combine with 60 round mags and there's the current meta. This is a problem for those looking to have more tactical options in a firefight, which is what a lot of us(myself included) backed this game for - as of now Tarkov feels like yet another generic FPS.

I'm not asking for set recoil patterns of different weapons, but rather to remove the character compensation and allow the muzzle to keep rising as long as the trigger is held, requiring the player to provide input to counter the recoil rather than "point and click" gameplay. This would promote burst and semi-automatic fire, while still giving the option of automatic in close quarters.

Dilldabeast

my bad. your right. i was on mobile

i kinda like the auto compensation but it does seam a little easy at times. i think it works well with what they got going on when compared to single shot. not sure if that makes sense but i like the balance