Reload the magazine in the gun

Bafio

Hello everyone, sorry for the text but i'm using Google translator.

It would be nice to be able to recharge the magazine in the gun, keeping the "R" key pressed.

You would avoid entering the menu to reload 4-5 rounds.

For a more immersive realism.

Thank you

• Sad 2

You need to remove the magazine from the weapon to load rounds into it.... Therefore you're not going to be able to claim realism and incorporate your idea. Sorry, but it just wouldn't work with the idea of EFT.

I think the only weapon that I can think of (at the moment) that would be viable in this way is the Mosin Nagant. And I believe that one's been confirmed for the future...? Hasn't it? :bewhatev:

2 hours ago, Deejay2401 said:

I think the only weapon that I can think of (at the moment) that would be viable in this way is the Mosin Nagant. And I believe that one's been confirmed for the future...? Hasn't it? :bewhatev:

That's true, Mosin was confirmed, but only what they showed was grey 3D model during WIP ( work in progress ) it was in december i think.

In Mosin is reasonable to reload round per round only if 2-3 rounds left other way is better use striper clip,in reality you do not have to use all ammo in him at once. But will be mess in inventory.

12 hours ago, Snork_Svk said:

That's true, Mosin was confirmed, but only what they showed was grey 3D model during WIP ( work in progress ) it was in december i think.

In Mosin is reasonable to reload round per round only if 2-3 rounds left other way is better use striper clip,in reality you do not have to use all ammo in him at once. But will be mess in inventory.

Yeah, I just don't see it being really worth creating the way to reload either with a stripper OR manually, one at a time. Round by round would take a little time, but for a bolt action rifle? You shouldn't exactly be in close combat lol.

1 minute ago, Deejay2401 said:

Yeah, I just don't see it being really worth creating the way to reload either with a stripper OR manually, one at a time. Round by round would take a little time, but for a bolt action rifle? You shouldn't exactly be in close combat lol.

True, you know, maybe they add striperclips, and when you have only ammo you will be reloading round per round, if you have ammo in clip will be fast...  just what im thinking... but its really difficult make it that way and maybe useless. You can't with bolt action rifle overcome someone even with SKS on short distance until you don't kill him at first shot.

I think what he ment is to reload the Mag currently used without putting it into Rig.
Take it out into Hands and reload the Magazine and not one in the Rig to avoid Menü during fights.

7 hours ago, Phoenixsui said:

I think what he ment is to reload the Mag currently used without putting it into Rig.
Take it out into Hands and reload the Magazine and not one in the Rig to avoid Menü during fights.

Problem being that you'd need both hands to reload your mag with rounds... Can't hold your gun meanwhile. Also, how would you pick which ammo to use?

Am ‎20‎.‎04‎.‎2018 um 02:19 schrieb Deejay2401:

Problem being that you'd need both hands to reload your mag with rounds...

Yeah but you can animate it without going into a menü.

Am ‎20‎.‎04‎.‎2018 um 02:19 schrieb Deejay2401:

Also, how would you pick which ammo to use?

Maybe with SHIFT+R or something like this?

To elaborate on his idea: I'm certain he's talking about removing the magazine from the weapon and reloading it right there with an animation of someone putting the rounds into the magazine. (As someone suggested he was trying to suggest)

This is actually a great idea. Only one issue as was previously brought up: You would need both hands. Now all I can suggest to combat that and make that effective is make the rifles come with a sling automatically. This would have to be a rifles only deal, not pistols. Some shotguns could be possible like the SAIGA-12 or SAIGA-9.

Still begs the question of should players actually have to find paracord or a sling strap to attach it to the weapon, or should the weapons automatically come with one? I can tell you IRL when you purchase an AR/AK it doesn't generally come with a sling. You gotta buy that thing and those can range in price sadly. Paracord slings are expensive, while a regular nylon sling is cheap and just as effective.

So with that said, how would that play out?

Edited by Malevolent1
Mistype on some text

On 20/04/2018 at 1:19 AM, Deejay2401 said:

Problem being that you'd need both hands to reload your mag with rounds... Can't hold your gun meanwhile. Also, how would you pick which ammo to use?

weapons slingsand you only carry one type of ammo really so why would you need to choose? i would just bind it to holding r and it would bring up the menu like choosing the mags you can put in and it has it for any ammo in your bag or pockets

9 hours ago, Malevolent1 said:

You would need both hands. Now all I can suggest to combat that and make that effective is make the rifles come with a sling automatically. This would have to be a rifles only deal, not pistols. Some shotguns could be possible like the SAIGA-12 or SAIGA-9.

Still begs the question of should players actually have to find paracord or a sling strap to attach it to the weapon, or should the weapons automatically come with one? I can tell you IRL when you purchase an AR/AK it doesn't generally come with a sling. You gotta buy that thing and those can range in price sadly. Paracord slings are expensive, while a regular nylon sling is cheap and just as effective.

I agree, it raises the issue of the slings. A lot of the military weapons would be issued with a sling already, but what about something like the TOZ? Also, you could always remove the magazine from the handgun, then holster it. That would be easier than slinging a rifle, honestly.

I can vouch for the price of slings, too. That's expensive.

8 hours ago, Zotach said:

you only carry one type of ammo really so why would you need to choose?

Honestly, it could be an issue that you'd come across while scavenging in EFT. I routinely find multiple ammo types while out and about. Just thinking ahead, that's all.

• 11 months later...
On 4/24/2018 at 3:38 AM, Deejay2401 said:

Honestly, it could be an issue that you'd come across while scavenging in EFT. I routinely find multiple ammo types while out and about. Just thinking ahead, that's all.

Simple solution is to just bind the ammo to a key like you do with meds and pressing/holding that button reloads that type of ammo if its compatible with the weapons.