jasonzd3

SCAV are way too OP

jasonzd3

It is so hard to play in this situation that they have the more advanced weapon and armor. Besides, most of them have the aimbot. Painful to play right now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Upvote 2

mcloud

-Play as scav/

-do not shoot other scavs

-loot all dead pmc's

-profit

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

PIG-Mathieu
9 minutes ago, jasonzd3 said:

It is so hard to play in this situation that they have the more advanced weapon and armor. Besides, most of them have the aimbot. Painful to play right now.

Scavs are not supposed to be just free loot around the places.

They are suppose to be dangerous. You've been used to playing against them with you fort armors and your OPS cores, but you need to remember that this is some good loot that is supposed to be rare.

They have armor and they are dangerous opponents. Maybe you should consider teaming up with people against the scavs then. Who knows, it might be the only way out of tarkov after all...

image.thumb.png.c39abf5d24a11efb53aa91a2b2cac1fe.png

Edited by PIG-Mathieu

awarecs
38 minutes ago, PIG-Mathieu said:

Scavs are not supposed to be just free loot around the places.

They are suppose to be dangerous. You've been used to playing against them with you fort armors and your OPS cores, but you need to remember that this is some good loot that is supposed to be rare.

They have armor and they are dangerous opponents. Maybe you should consider teaming up with people against the scavs then. Who knows, it might be the only way out of tarkov after all...

image.thumb.png.c39abf5d24a11efb53aa91a2b2cac1fe.png

Dude, I don't think you've played the new patch against scavs. They are straight up one tapping you as soon as you stand still to aim. They should be dangerous, but not better than most of the playerbase....

• Like 1
  • Hot 2
  • Upvote 3

PIG-Mathieu
1 minute ago, awarecs said:

Dude, I don't think you've played the new patch against scavs. They are straight up one tapping you as soon as you stand still to aim. They should be dangerous, but not better than most of the playerbase....

Well i played the new patch, and i also played on the released of closed beta back in july 2017, and the scavs today are fine to me.

I came to a point where i was having fun with the AI scavs. I want them to be a challenge, and i like them today.

• Like 2

Snake-Plissken

Scavs are meant to be ordinary people who banded together for safety. Right now they fight like trained killers. They wont flinch when you shoot at them and lay down continuous accurate fire once you're spotted. A wounded scav will not panic or fire any less frequently than a healthy one like a player would and killing an entire group of them in front of one will not make him feel any differently about charging at you. Not to mention rooftop scavs apparently have special night vision eyes right now.

There's definitely some work to be done to tone them down a bit.

• Like 4

Sushi

You have to keep in mind; it's really hard to gauge how effective Scavs are because their performance is directly related to your ping, server desync and load. Playing offline will show you they play dramatically different compared to a typical online game.

1 hour ago, Snake-Plissken said:

Scavs are meant to be ordinary people who banded together for safety. Right now they fight like trained killers. They wont flinch when you shoot at them and lay down continuous accurate fire once you're spotted. A wounded scav will not panic or fire any less frequently than a healthy one like a player would and killing an entire group of them in front of one will not make him feel any differently about charging at you. Not to mention rooftop scavs apparently have special night vision eyes right now.

There's definitely some work to be done to tone them down a bit.

However, I have always agreed with this. They shouldn't act like PMCs, while they can ambush and track you, suppressive fire and running into big hulking armored PMCs should make them run and hide like normal people. Being hit should make them flee and find a place to heal.

jasonzd3

You should tell that beginer don't shoot if I wiggle to him. They ain't gonna win a gunfight why would even bother.

2 hours ago, mcloud said:

-Play as scav/

-loot all dead pmc's

-profit

1 hour ago, awarecs said:

That's the point

Averix

I agree scavs don't feel the same as before patch at all, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. They should be more dangerous than they were previously but some encounters i've had after patch are just impossible to combat, being one tapped within 0,5 second at rediculous ranges quite a few times now.. imagine spotting a scav roughly 100 meters awa..... dead.

Edited by Averix

K3OS

I find scavs to be easy to deal with, frankly. If I had to choose between these and the ones we had back in alpha, I'd probably still stick with these.

With that said, I can agree with what has been said above about scavs being normal citizens that armed up. Especially this :

48 minutes ago, Sushi said:

However, I have always agreed with this. They shouldn't act like PMCs, while they can ambush and track you, suppressive fire and running into big hulking armored PMCs should make them run and hide like normal people. Being hit should make them flee and find a place to heal.

Edited by K3OS
Fixed my damn broken english

mcloud

Remember your health and everything is back to lvl1

so losing a limb means death.

while if you are leveled up the chance of dying when losing a limb is much smaller to none.

Deucey

Also not to mention the aim seems to be increased, For some reason alot of scavs have been given shotguns. They fire at extreme rates and do not miss. They still fire through bushes and will kill you sometimes when you are behind cover (desync or something?) 

It feels like they have been reset back to the old ways since last wipe.

• Sad 1

Dick_Jagger

Everyone just needs to stop bitching and play the game.  It's called a hardcore FPS for a reason.   

THE END

• Sad 2

2legs

scavs are actually not so bad.

JJamie

interesting

i have yet to experience a scav missing a shot vs me i think, lol.

aceofcakes94

been playing a couple hours into the new patch. the very last game before i went off i killed 8-9 scavs. before this patch you could go rambo against 5 scavs and easily survive. now you have to take them 1 by 1 and actually flank or do something other than rambo style if they see you. honestly, do people want this to be cod? scavs may not be trained but should 1 trained man be able to shoot 5 before they hit you once???

sYs

They are weak and sudenly there is one who taps you with 2 shots in the chest (dead chest) and your buddy goes to check out your rotting body and your defender is perfect 45/45 and scav who killed you is shooting 9mm :D

Edited by sYs

stage
On 4/20/2018 at 10:57 AM, PIG-Mathieu said:

Well i played the new patch, and i also played on the released of closed beta back in july 2017, and the scavs today are fine to me.

I came to a point where i was having fun with the AI scavs. I want them to be a challenge, and i like them today.

They are one shooting across map in pitch black. They have perfect sight in front of you, and do not have their flashlights on when at night time.

BDAKiwi
On 20/04/2018 at 7:13 PM, mcloud said:

-Play as scav/

-loot all dead pmc's

-profit

That's not FPS, that's a pick up stuff adventure game

beddamischia

I love terminator scavs, they were walking loot before they made them OP. OP scavs are good to game health

reemr

People have this same complaint literally every wipe because scavs have better equipment than the players for once. 

• Like 1

Awake
9 minutes ago, reemr said:

People have this same complaint literally every wipe because scavs have better equipment than the players for once. 

That's definitely not the reason. I usually have a escape rate of around 40%, with the new patch it dropped to below 10% and I die most of the time to scavs. One reason scavs are so strong now are changes to the shotguns i guess, you can one tap everyone with them now no matter if armor or not. Atleast that's what it feels like.

Here 2 situations where scavs are definitely too OP, both happened in factory to me.

1. I was killing a PMC in the upper hallway. I took his bag and stuff, went on the bridge kinda thing, closed the door and lay down in the middle where nobody can see one. Started searching the bag and a few seconds later I got shot by a scav and was nearly dead. Peaked out of the window and saw it's a scav at the other side where the tunnel below the bunker with the dead body is. Guess they should shoot you through walls from huge distance.

2. Killed a scav in the staircase and went into the bathroom to hide there in this little shower room in the corner at the end of it to heal me up. I heard a scav coming into the bathroom. When he got near the door from which I can be seen I died instantly when the gun barrel of the scav appeared in the door frame. Havent even seen his head before I died.

Zonq_bubbles1

i agree that scavs need to be toned down. Just watched a scav drop shot kill 2 full fort players then he barely caught a sight of me and and started spamming his shot gun. then he just drop shot head shots me. There feels like there is no counter play against them right now.

Fhursten

Yeah its pretty much unenjoyable for me now. 1 scav downed 3 of us before we could even react.. It's suprising how they just cant make the AI even remotely plausible in this game, its always to extreme one way or the other

Tempten101

I have to say they're too accurate right now.  Getting either headshotted or two-tapped way too often.

I feel they need to dial down their accuracy just a tad.