Jump to content
jasonzd3

SCAV are way too OP

Recommended Posts

dashing

before this patch there were some that were dumb and others who were gods and now a of them are gods who shoot you once in the chest and kill you across the map with a shotgun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gr8WhiteBuffalo

Dropped 4 Scavs in Skelly/Construction yesterday with only a Makarov... they are by no means an impossible opponent. Honestly theyre still kinda dumb... Two were on the ground in front of Skelly; domed one, the other hit the deck and turned towards me, the only thing I could hit was hit head. The Scav on top of Skelly just hid behind the crates up there til I came up n got him. The rooftop Scav never even hit me once and he popped at least half his SKS mag at me. 

That said; the scavs are defo more difficult... but me personally, and obviously a few others, Im pretty happy about it. When 3 would bunch up at the bus depo or somethin, and chatter like schoolgirls and wait for you to murder them all 1, 2, 3... got kinda boring at times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zotach
On 20/04/2018 at 8:13 AM, mcloud said:

-Play as scav/

-do not shoot other scavs

-loot all dead pmc's

-profit

 

-get killed by another player scav while looting, time wasted 10/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zmaster1985

This is my current experience with day time Shorelines...  the moment they detect you... POW!!! 1 tap headshot... you dont even have time to aim @ them!

http://prntscr.com/j8cy13

On Several ocasions i dont even have time to ADS my SKS they already 1 taping me.. its absolutely ridiculouse! I can say without a doubt, i was realy hyped for this patch... but this situation realy makes the game no fun... I need to stop wasting my time for a couple weeks hoping someone listens to the community and fixes this... its a real shame, the game has so much potential!

Everyone complained "Leg Meta this... Leg meta that".. so hey now they fixed it, no more leg meta!

Enjoy wasting time runing raids to be 1 tap headshoted now i guess...

Edited by zmaster1985
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gr8WhiteBuffalo
9 hours ago, Zotach said:

-get killed by another player scav while looting, time wasted 10/10

Read story later on forum how he got killed by an AI scav as he was extracting, time un-wasted 12/10 for sheer amusement. :begreat:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shoosh

I seriously think there is "some" skavs spawning with higher "settings"

It put some pepper to the game ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zotach
8 hours ago, zmaster1985 said:

This is my current experience with day time Shorelines...  the moment they detect you... POW!!! 1 tap headshot... you dont even have time to aim @ them!

http://prntscr.com/j8cy13

On Several ocasions i dont even have time to ADS my SKS they already 1 taping me.. its absolutely ridiculouse! I can say without a doubt, i was realy hyped for this patch... but this situation realy makes the game no fun... I need to stop wasting my time for a couple weeks hoping someone listens to the community and fixes this... its a real shame, the game has so much potential!

Everyone complained "Leg Meta this... Leg meta that".. so hey now they fixed it, no more leg meta!

Enjoy wasting time runing raids to be 1 tap headshoted now i guess...

maybe you just suck, lol ;) i do feel your pain though

Edited by Zotach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shoosh
8 hours ago, zmaster1985 said:

Everyone complained "Leg Meta this... Leg meta that".. so hey now they fixed it, no more leg meta!

 

Skavs still aim for legs too often in my taste ;D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jasonzd3
On 4/20/2018 at 11:42 PM, JJamie said:

interesting

i have yet to experience a scav missing a shot vs me i think, lol.

Thats very exciting isn't it? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Malevolent1

As for my personal experiences with Scavs... I feel some of them are definitely harder than they were, and quite often most of them are easy to combat and effectively dodge / eliminate. I've been plinked by a few of course, but the majority aren't of much pressure to me.

Now I'm not sure what the community is ultimately feeling, but I can definitely agree that they should not be nearly as accurate as they are. I don't necessarily want them to be piss poor shots 24/7, because that takes the thought process away.

"Do I shoot this one and take his crap, or do I move on and pick off another one from a distance?"

Use to be my mindset. My mindset now is "damnit a scav, better pick him before he picks me" then a pack of wild hyena scavs come out of nowhere and 1-tap me. It's a little frustrating, but I'm really not too awfully torn up about the changes. The only issue I have is the OP shotgun scavs that can kill me across the map with them. I'm sorry to say, but a shotguns range is honestly garbage... it's supposed to be a CQB weapon, not a birdshot just wilted my head off my body from 80 meters away. That has happened a few times, and that is the only change I am rather disappointed in. Beyond that, I'm not having really any issues I wasn't having before. Scavs need to be taken down or avoided, which is how it was, and should be.

The only counter-balance to that is their accuracy should not be dead center mass and headshots every time. They do need to have an RNG system in which they either have aimbot style aim, or miss a lot, but can hit one or two here and there, per scav. That would balance out the AI a little better if you ask me personally.

Just my 2 cents. Feel free to disagree if you'd like. Everyone has an opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zmaster1985

the problem here isnt that they are harder... they Lock onto you and never leave you alone!

one of the first times i died i was inside the Resort... in one of the rooms that the only way you could get an Angle on me would be if your flying in the sky... Scav by the Ambulance on the other side like 200m away from where i was... Locked onto me! and eventho i was in cover and he didnt see me at all (i was laying on ground)... dude locks onto me and doesnt stops shooting!

I stayed still and still he not only broke all windows in the room i was but also managed to Headshot 1 Tap me!

Its realy crazy... and not normal at all!

Its not a question of "Git Gud Son"... or "you suck"... how can you do something against situation like this when u dont even have time to aim?? like.. im not exagerating... before when a Scav saw you there was a small delay... he saw you, he said some words and only 2 secs later he would start shooting @ you! this gave you time to assess hes position and react.

Now they see you... the moment they detect you... POW!! they shoot you without even saying anything... and thts whts the prob.. Alongside the Godly Accuraccy!

Hardcore Survival Game.. i get it... but its still a game, it needs to be fun...

Edited by zmaster1985

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
slackpanda

Just get rid of scavs and add more players.

AI sucks 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zmaster1985

Freaking Ridiculouse lol

shoreline.. @ the Cinema by the AK74N spawn and Dead Scav... Im looting the dead scav on the ground... AI Scav Breaches the cinema door... fires twice with a PM pistol and i die without being able to react! :)

"Git Gud" right??? :D

Last patch was fun... Last patch had loads of fun... this one, not so much! time to step back take a break and see wht happens to Tarkov in the future!

Q6WgyhY.png

You all have fun! :D

Edited by zmaster1985

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SaberToothGR

Speak all you want about us bitching but this is not fair, today at factory trying to do the prapor quest I took the only fort and MT I had from killing a geared player (Dont know where he got those) anyway, as soon as I finish planting the file I get up and I spot a Scav on the other side of the factory. I just managed to just take aim before he fired only one shot with a shotgun from the other side of the room and killed me with a headshot. I imagine that this has something to do with the new hitbox and will get fixed (also forgot to mention that the MT had armor on the front) but right know I can't count the amount of times I' ve been instadead bc of something like this. No, its not fair and it's not realistic, it is just unfair.

 

Edited by SaberToothGR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Underhook
On 20/04/2018 at 7:23 PM, Sushi said:

You have to keep in mind; it's really hard to gauge how effective Scavs are because their performance is directly related to your ping, server desync and load. Playing offline will show you they play dramatically different compared to a typical online game.

 

However, I have always agreed with this. They shouldn't act like PMCs, while they can ambush and track you, suppressive fire and running into big hulking armored PMCs should make them run and hide like normal people. Being hit should make them flee and find a place to heal.

I agree with you Sushi in regards to the performance of Scav's varies depending on your ping etc. In about 25% of my games they are no problem but in 75%  I am shooting unarmoured scavs in the head and they are just running off.  Then I get one tapped through my helmet.

As usual with this game, every-bodies experiences vary wildly due to ping, netcode, desync etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Underhook
3 hours ago, Malevolent1 said:

As for my personal experiences with Scavs... I feel some of them are definitely harder than they were, and quite often most of them are easy to combat and effectively dodge / eliminate. I've been plinked by a few of course, but the majority aren't of much pressure to me.

Now I'm not sure what the community is ultimately feeling, but I can definitely agree that they should not be nearly as accurate as they are. I don't necessarily want them to be piss poor shots 24/7, because that takes the thought process away.

"Do I shoot this one and take his crap, or do I move on and pick off another one from a distance?"

Use to be my mindset. My mindset now is "damnit a scav, better pick him before he picks me" then a pack of wild hyena scavs come out of nowhere and 1-tap me. It's a little frustrating, but I'm really not too awfully torn up about the changes. The only issue I have is the OP shotgun scavs that can kill me across the map with them. I'm sorry to say, but a shotguns range is honestly garbage... it's supposed to be a CQB weapon, not a birdshot just wilted my head off my body from 80 meters away. That has happened a few times, and that is the only change I am rather disappointed in. Beyond that, I'm not having really any issues I wasn't having before. Scavs need to be taken down or avoided, which is how it was, and should be.

The only counter-balance to that is their accuracy should not be dead center mass and headshots every time. They do need to have an RNG system in which they either have aimbot style aim, or miss a lot, but can hit one or two here and there, per scav. That would balance out the AI a little better if you ask me personally.

Just my 2 cents. Feel free to disagree if you'd like. Everyone has an opinion.

Good post, I like your analysis.  The issue as I see it is that the game is trying to cater to a squad of armoured players.  So, the AI need to be good enough to present a challenge to the squad.  On the other end of the scale we have the new player going lone wolf  and getting smashed.  Not sure it can every be solved unless they get some sort system that detects the largest squad size and sets the AI level accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KentuckyFriedSpy

Scavs used to be hard to combat in a fair way take this from someone who played countless hours of the alpha, but now they them seem too powerful even with armor and helmets equipped. I have been killed and 1 tapped more often by scavs with shotguns than I have died to players and that to me spells a problem, it is not fun to be looking at a scav from a good 100 metres away only to be blasted away instantly because the scav had a shotgun and was gunning for my arm and this was all at night time where the scavs have reduced perception... I understand that scavs shouldn't be easy loot but when you are typically facing more than 1 at the same time there are boundaries that need to be drawn, especially considering that these aren't trained PMCs, these are farmers, thugs etc. Lord help us when they plan to implement PMC AIs, I can't imagine how well they will be able to aimbot me. Fact of the matter is that scavs are much to accurate and need to be taken down a notch.

Edited by KentuckyFriedSpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JJamie

right now the one thing i will say is unfair is the spread on shotgun scavs seems to be way way way lower than the spread on our shotguns. its like they're firing slugs, when they're not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KentuckyFriedSpy
2 minutes ago, JJamie said:

right now the one thing i will say is unfair is the spread on shotgun scavs seems to be way way way lower than the spread on our shotguns. its like they're firing slugs, when they're not.

To be honest with how the game engine works and all, I don't even think the scavs using shotguns have the same statistics as the ones we use. They probably have single projectiles that work the same way as a rifle. Don't get me wrong though, shotguns should have much more stopping power at range than they do now but they shouldn't be able to take my whole left arm off and kill me with one shot from more than 20 - 30 metres away...

Edited by KentuckyFriedSpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ang3vil

Scavs are set on "insane" difficulty. After every patch they are set on "insane" on the most played maps. I think devs try to push players on other maps.

But being instakill at the exact moment where scav see you and before you can even aim is not realistic and really frustrating ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zmaster1985

@Ang3vil After 10 Raids... the result was 10 KIA!

So for now im chilling playing something else and enjoying Twitch...

On the page where you buy the game... they should put a big ass disclaimer saying... "We hate Casual players! Only 24 hour Zombie streamers should play Tarkov"...

And that is how im feeling right now! :D:D

Edited by zmaster1985
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chouette

The insta-kill is pretty annoying, other than the behaviour is pretty enjoyable IMO. Reaction time and aim at first shot should be toned down a bit.

I just finished a raid in shoreline where I was specifically waiting towards the end in order to get some 3M equipped scavs for the skier quest, next to road to customs, they laid down a lot of suppressive fire and forced me to back off and reposition many times, even crawling backwards, draining all my reserves of medkits and painkillers (1 IFAK, 3 AI-2, 2 painkillers) but I got through eventually.

This was a hell of a firefight that I started with a shotgun, having to use the scav weapons as I was progressing, I hope they tweak the "insta-kill-100%-aim" issue but keep them very aggressive once they spot you so these fights continue to occur as they are very fun.
(not-a-zombie here, currently level 10, reached level 30 last wipe)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gr8WhiteBuffalo
4 hours ago, SCvTyson said:

games broken unfinished atm.

tenor.gif?itemid=5892980

FTFY ;);) 

10 hours ago, zmaster1985 said:

I stayed still and still he not only broke all windows in the room i was but also managed to Headshot 1 Tap me!

Stick and run friend. Pop and move, bob n weave. Thats the only way to operate alone once youve given up the angle of surprise.

5 hours ago, zmaster1985 said:

After 10 Raids... the result was 10 KIA!

Is this your first 10 raids? How long have you been playing? From the consensus of the forum, it takes an average of 2-3 months of practice before you really start to understand the quirks and have fun with the game. 

BTW, Ive done 12 since the wipe, only survived one, but it was one hell of a raid. The dude with the Mak shoulda just let me go, he mighta made it. :D 

The game is only gonna get harder for solo's, I know, Im solo 99% of the time; but thats a good thing, as thats the exact direction the developers want the game to go. ;) 

 

Also, keep in mind that many, many changes will take place before final release... feedback is one thing, but there are waaayyy too many Cryola's(not aimed at you, just in general) on the forums today. Alotta folks need to simmer a bit. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Malevolent1
7 hours ago, zmaster1985 said:

@Ang3vil After 10 Raids... the result was 10 KIA!

So for now im chilling playing something else and enjoying Twitch...

On the page where you buy the game... they should put a big ass disclaimer saying... "We hate Casual players! Only 24 hour Zombie streamers should play Tarkov"...

And that is how im feeling right now! :D:D

You do know that they have stated they are not going to cater to the casual player right?

I understand your point of view, but the reality is this is a hardcore survival game. I stated earlier many times that yes, the scavs are definitely overtuned right now and their reactions are rather drastic, but I haven't had a ton of problem combatting them. The problems I am having are honestly the shotgun scavs. Their shotties are just overpowered and they hit people (friends, myself, others) across the map and 1-tap headshot. That is the only broken mechanic of the scav I see thus far.

I made the suggestion of an RNG based value that rolls a dice, and after a certain point, you get a scav that would technically be a 'boss scav' and be a lot harder to combat / kill and has better aim. On the other side of the coin, you got scavs who have decent aim, and on the lower side, they have poor aim but can still land a shot or two on you.

Someone also suggested earlier that the AI should scale based on the number of squads and solo players. I thought that was actually rather brilliant of an idea and I'm surprised I didn't think of it myself. None the less, I like his idea and I think that would be a nice adjustment. If not, the RNG is the only thing I can suggest to tone it down a notch and make it more realistic.

 

The idea of the scav is they have no morals, and they just picked up a weapon one day. So yes, they should not always act like PMC npcs / characters, but I dont think all of them should suck beyond the point of "this is too easy." There needs to be a balance, and with that said, there's a couple different suggestions, one which uses RNG, and one which uses logic-based programming to achieve that desired affect / result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2