jasonzd3

SCAV are way too OP

ATOJAR

Im a new player, bought the standard edition so i dont have amazing gear, been playing less than a week and only been on a handful of raids ... I genuinely dont have a problem with them, the are supposed to be a faction, a force to be reckoned with within Tarkov and not just a nuisance that you can easily kill for loot .... I went on a raid just the other night with noting on me but a pistol and managed to kill 4 SCAVS at least without even taking damage. 

I have been killed by them before but im pretty sure every time it was nobody's fault but my own.

SCvTyson
2 hours ago, Gr8WhiteBuffalo said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5892980

FTFY ;);) 

Stick and run friend. Pop and move, bob n weave. Thats the only way to operate alone once youve given up the angle of surprise.

Is this your first 10 raids? How long have you been playing? From the consensus of the forum, it takes an average of 2-3 months of practice before you really start to understand the quirks and have fun with the game. 

BTW, Ive done 12 since the wipe, only survived one, but it was one hell of a raid. The dude with the Mak shoulda just let me go, he mighta made it. :D 

The game is only gonna get harder for solo's, I know, Im solo 99% of the time; but thats a good thing, as thats the exact direction the developers want the game to go. ;) 

Also, keep in mind that many, many changes will take place before final release... feedback is one thing, but there are waaayyy too many Cryola's(not aimed at you, just in general) on the forums today. Alotta folks need to simmer a bit. :) 

SRY MATE,  I MEANT BROKEN. 

TheInheritor

Do Russians just suck at coding, or are they always this stupid with AI?

RichPiano

Yeah Scavs are bullshit at the moment, they was fine the update before, even before i was geared. I think we can all agree that they're meant to be a challenge but most of them never miss a shot and better than some players. I mean if you brought the EOD edition of the game, you probably don't have a problem considering you can level the traders up fast to buy good gear.

SpektaCsl

Scav's are pretty much utter bullshit right now. Just now I found an M1A on a dead player on woods at night, I happen to be running down the shoreline to extract. Ran into a scav that didn't notice me, I fired first with my suppressed ak74ub at close range and he one taps me to the face. Like literally I know for a fact I did not miss, I'm sorry, but Scavs are making the game not really too much fun, between them tanking rounds to the face to the fact that they one tap you like your armor and everything don't exist. 

DieZeL_CH

Don't know if it's latency related or simply AI related. But what I saw today was : 

- I enter in the office at 2nd floor in Factory when I see a Scav across the corridor, I receive TON of damages (the arms, the legs, the stomach and torso fully destroyed) when I'm fully inside the room and I hear the gunshot way after I've been through the door frame. I drop prone to see the corridor from under the desk at center of the office. The Scav drops prone too, I see only his elbow, instant headshots me. 

- Still in factory, I'm on the ventilation tube, ADSing my Vepr 136 toward the door on the metallic bridge. A scav opens the door, I double tap his torso. He runs perfectly fine inside the bridge and I can fully see his torso, he may have a 3M body armor, but I've got 7.62 PS. I'm hammering my mouse to kill him before he shots me. I clearly hear 4-5 shots from my trusty Vepr, all aimed perfectly onto his torso. He responds with one shot of his shotty during his sprint (he didn't even took the effort to stop his course to shoot me) which goes right through my brand new Paca and Kolpak.... 

- On Woods, at 2am in the game, I ran toward a scav, as a hatchling who was pointing his Grach on me with torchlight on. He never made a movement, I simply beat him to death... 

- I enter running as if hell was behind me into the director's office of Factory. I perfectly know there's a hatchling inside but my AKS-74U on full auto will do the job. I sprint inside, I shoot him 3-4 times, I clearly see there's blood splattering behind him and his torso getting punctured by my 5.45 lead core bullets. He waves around his hatchet one time, I'm dead. https://clips.twitch.tv/CulturedElegantCrabsDendiFace 

Devs, explain yourselves please. I can understand there's latency problems, but say there are, don't try to hide the dust under the carpet... 

Scavs at 0.7.X patchs were fine. They weren't snipers with makarovs or dead brain meat... I kinda like how the actual scavs are trying to flank you, or ambush you. But if you can't even flank them because they one shoot you through walls, I will not support anymore this game. 

dexter1096

dude i love getting shot thou bushes by a scav cross map.

Gr8WhiteBuffalo
3 hours ago, SCvTyson said:

SRY MATE,  I MEANT BROKEN. 

5add46cf1b647_giphy(1).gif.d788e094e1f69f1c03237ee69d895bec.gif

Honestly tho... This whole thread... Cryola. :betoung:

xmode

I always have a good laugh about these topics because the cycle always seems to be the same.

New wipe -> Scavs are too hard -> scavs are made easier -> people get gear -> scavs are too easy -> scavs made harder -> wipe and repeat.. 

• Like 2

zmaster1985

omg people... this has nothing to do with being hardcore or casual... I been playing this game for 3 months...

Read what ppl are saying... Scavs are broken... its not normal you being 1 tap killed from 200m away with a shot gun and not have time to even aim your gun! cuz the moment they detect you... POW!!! headshot you dead!

Malevolent1
3 hours ago, zmaster1985 said:

omg people... this has nothing to do with being hardcore or casual... I been playing this game for 3 months...

Read what ppl are saying... Scavs are broken... its not normal you being 1 tap killed from 200m away with a shot gun and not have time to even aim your gun! cuz the moment they detect you... POW!!! headshot you dead!

You know to be honest and fair my dude, I haven't had a whole ton of issues with them. As long as your reaction time is good and you don't miss tons of shots, its fine. I did a factory run earlier with 2 others and a few shoreline runs duo style and didn't have any issues. Scavs missed their shots on me a lot, and the ones that did hit me was because I was standing out in the open being an idiot.

Beyond that, yes, there is some issues with the scavs. We've all agreed and said that they shouldn't be one tap headshotting with a shotty from 200m. If you paid any attention to the posts you would know that.

It sounds like to me that your skill as an individual is rather lacking in all honesty. I'm not gonna flame you and say the obligatory 'git gud nub' but I will say maybe you need to work on your aim and your overall skill. Most people aren't having many issues, other than shotgun scavs. Beyond that they're easy to combat and kill. We also have said they shouldn't miss every single shot, but they shouldn't be 1-tapping from 200m. If you failed to read that or missed it somewhere, I encourage you to re-read the posts.

Beyond that, again, you need to reflect upon your own skill. I've had the game less time than you and have no issues. Chances are, you have a better PC than I do as well.

Malevolent1
5 hours ago, DieZeL_CH said:

-snip- far too long for quote

Devs, explain yourselves please. I can understand there's latency problems, but say there are, don't try to hide the dust under the carpet... 

Scavs at 0.7.X patchs were fine. They weren't snipers with makarovs or dead brain meat... I kinda like how the actual scavs are trying to flank you, or ambush you. But if you can't even flank them because they one shoot you through walls, I will not support anymore this game. 

As a general rule, saying you wont support the game because of one small adjustment that we all agree is rather monotonously obnoxious, is just flat out redundant and useless. You already supported the game by buying it. Rather you agree or not is up to you, but the truth is already there.

The most you can do is what we've done, which is voice our opinions and state that it needs to be either logic based balanced, or scaling based on player counts and groups, or just pure RNG. With those kinds of logic-based systems, it would help fix the problem. Saying you wont support the game just makes you look like you are incapable to adaptation. We all have to adapt as well to the issues at hand.

The game itself has been said to be going in a completely different direction than what we are already seeing. I'm hoping it definitely gets harder, but I'm also hoping they don't take it to the point of absolute realism that they stifle the idea of having fun. Games are meant to be played for fun as well as something that fits our playstyles.

If you don't want to support the game further that's fine... just remember they already got your money, so you support it rather you know it or not.

Voicing your opinion like the rest of us is the best you can do. Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

DieZeL_CH
1 hour ago, Malevolent1 said:

(Quote your answer just so you can have a notification, this discussion is interesting)

For me, supporting a game developper is not just throwing my money at my screen. It's also feedbacking the bugs, looking the forums (which I just started and I bought the game at the end of the alpha, shame on me), talking about the game with friends, helping some dudes on other forums (like gamekult, first example I could think of), helping friends in game.

I'm actually supporting a lot CIG, which are currently developping Star Citizen. And I'm not throwing my money at my screen for it. I do what I said above. 

For EfT, I talked so much about the game that my brother and 5 friends bought the game. If I'm correct, on these 6 persons, there's at least 3 EOD. Do you think a developper prefers one person like me, or 6 persons who just bought the game ? Probably the 6 persons, I must admit. But to get these 6 dudes, they need someone like me. 

If I start talking bad about the game in the same proportion as I talked good about it, my friends will stop playing, they will not encourage their owns friends to buy it, they could maybe even talk bad about it. Currently, on these 6 persons, only one played the 0.8.X, and he's with me on the scav terminators and latency....

• Like 1

zmaster1985

yup... fully agree... "Word of Mouth" is the biggest marketing tool a game can have!

im preaty much in the same boat... I had so much fun in Tarkov v7 that i got 2 of my friends to buy the game. Now the 3 of us dont wana play it anymore...

• Like 1

Malevolent1
2 minutes ago, DieZeL_CH said:

notification tag - you're it!

Again while I understand what you are saying, not all of them have this effect. I've had no issues with many scavs, but the shotgun scavs are bogus, and I agree with many points rested.

I know how business marketing works as well, so trying to throw that out there is a moot point. They're always going to go with the majority so they can make their money at the end of the day, and that's always going to be a fact. If they just did what they wanted and didn't listen to anyone, they'd never make money. ANY DEVELOPER, for that matter, wouldn't make money.

Saying that you wont support the game though just literally interprets to "cater to me." Perception is reality my friend. I understand where you're coming from, and what you're trying to accomplish... however, there are many other ways to accomplish it.

Feedback is critical, but telling someone you wont support them is not critical, and its outright destructive. There's nothing to be gained from saying that, and all you're really doing is what a lot of people have done in many games. "I wont support you," and then the developers look at it and say "then your opinion isn't needed or wanted, trash. NEXT!" Believe me, it happens. This is again why I said squeaky wheel gets the oil brother. Just keep making mention like the majority of us have that there are some serious issues with the shotgun scavs right now. Any other scav is kind of a roll of the dice. Some I murder without issue and others give me a hard time. Very few normal scavs are hell on earth for me, but the shotgun scavs are WAYYYYY beyond measure right now, and I've agreed with that almost every single time.

Malevolent1
4 minutes ago, zmaster1985 said:

yup... fully agree... "Word of Mouth" is the biggest marketing tool a game can have!

im preaty much in the same boat... I had so much fun in Tarkov v7 that i got 2 of my friends to buy the game. Now the 3 of us dont wana play it anymore...

Then providing feedback is practically non-existent. I don't see what issues you are having other than the actual shotgun scavs. Other scavs are literal childs play for my friends and I. We still have the occasional wtf moment issue, but beyond that it's been fine. Shotgun scavs are the most broken portion of them at this moment, so if thats where your frustration and argument is coming from, consider me in agreement with you.

If you argument is on the other side of the coin, that all scavs are just way too difficult right now, consider your argument invalid from the perspective of the majority of people. I've again stated shotgun scavs are legitimately broken as hell right now, and I agree with you and everyone else who has stated such. The only thing I do not agree with on, again, is that every other scav is too difficult. I've had a few issues here and there, but I don't have any issues for the most part. They don't ruin my gameplay experience unless they are a shotgun scav from 200m out.

DieZeL_CH
3 minutes ago, Malevolent1 said:

:P

Yep, you're 100% right. Yesterday, when I writed my first contribution to this topic, I was tired. I should have waited the morning to check what was going on there.. 

You pointed something that I didn't saw until you mention it : the shotgun scavs are broken, not others. Again, I think you're right ! 

So, devs, if you read this, repair the shotty guys, others are fine :P

But repair too the latency problems. In my country (Switzerland), I've got access to 2 servers, which are FR and SBG. I've got 30 ping for both. I had waaaay less latency problems at 0.7.X patch than now. Before, it was maybe 5-10% of my deaths, others 90% were utterly my fault or being outplayed. Now, it's the inverted proportion :( (maybe I should check if there's a topic about this)

Malevolent1
1 minute ago, DieZeL_CH said:

Yep, you're 100% right. Yesterday, when I writed my first contribution to this topic, I was tired. I should have waited the morning to check what was going on there.. 

You pointed something that I didn't saw until you mention it : the shotgun scavs are broken, not others. Again, I think you're right ! 

So, devs, if you read this, repair the shotty guys, others are fine :P

But repair too the latency problems. In my country (Switzerland), I've got access to 2 servers, which are FR and SBG. I've got 30 ping for both. I had waaaay less latency problems at 0.7.X patch than now. Before, it was maybe 5-10% of my deaths, others 90% were utterly my fault or being outplayed. Now, it's the inverted proportion :( (maybe I should check if there's a topic about this)

The latency issues are a known issue, and mainly its due to so many people connecting and attempting to play now. 0.7 was practically dead when I started, which was about a week before this patch. Chances are, the servers and databases aren't handling the amount of traffic that they're experiencing, or they were never intended to.

That's mainly an infrastructure upgrade to achieve that, and that is very costly. Sometimes, it can merely be the provider of the services is having backend issues that we're unaware of. My theory is that there's just congestion that will clear up over time as some players get bored, or others just stop playing. Either way, solutions are definitely within reach. Some of it is desync and lag based on packet spiking as well. These are all performance and optimization issues which will be hotfixed and patched as time goes on. Just have to wait for good news and keep providing feedback.

One thing that has definitely happened this patch more than others is the amount of errors people are receiving. Last patch I never received an error for editing a keybind. This patch it has been going absolutely haywire, to where I have to keep going to my shared.ini file and editing the "null" sections back to "", just to be able to play without that error coming up.

I've also had item moving errors moving things in and out of my inventory. So there's a lot of issues that are being addressed. Some will be hotfixed, others will be patched. Can only wait and see, but providing feedback is absolutely critical at this point for them to fix the issues that we're all having.

Lokomotivet
6 hours ago, xmode said:

I always have a good laugh about these topics because the cycle always seems to be the same.

New wipe -> Scavs are too hard -> scavs are made easier -> people get gear -> scavs are too easy -> scavs made harder -> wipe and repeat.. 

Exactly this, scavs need to be dangerous/be a threat on the map but it's too much as it is now.. I've had this happen to me several times: https://streamable.com/dcd0y

damagecore
17 minutes ago, Lokomotivet said:

Exactly this, scavs need to be dangerous/be a threat on the map but it's too much as it is now.. I've had this happen to me several times: https://streamable.com/dcd0y

Yeah. This happens to me a lot too, which has caused me to all but avoid Scav spawn areas where possible during raids

Edit: I wanted to mention that, if I do have to go up against AI Scavs, I do it at as much range as possible with as much cover as possible, because they still one shot with MR-133 if they see two pixels of your char at 150 meters. CQC against AI at the moment is almost impossible if they see you first.

Edited by damagecore

zmaster1985
4 hours ago, Lokomotivet said:

Finaly someone that understand what i been saying the past 2 days...

you guys think this is normal??? 

This is exacly wht i tried to explain before... in Tarkov v7 the Scavs would detect you, shout some RUS phrase and only around 2 secs after detection they would start shooting! which means you as a player wouldnt be instant killed!

Now as you can see in the video posted by Lokomotive... the moment they detect you!! POW!! 1 shot kill!

This is wht i'v been arguing the past 2 days... this isnt normal... not normal at all!

Scavs are ment to be Civilians that found weapons laying around.. PMC's are the military contracts... we should fear players not NPC's!

Edited by zmaster1985
  • Like 1

ynnus86
vor 4 Stunden schrieb Lokomotivet:

Well, he had a lucky shoot. Maybe he heard you sneaking around and knew you have been there? This can happen when fighting pmcs as well. I think scavs should not be easy targets to only rush and farm but also challenging. So in this case he hit you probably in the face, lucky shoot, next time he misses and gets killed. I don't see a problem here. 

zmaster1985

that Wrong... the Scav detected him when he shouted in RUS!

If a scav doesnt say anything he hasnt detected you yet... when he shouts in RUS thts when he detects you!

BDRMrTBag

I wouldn't be so annoyed at the Sniper scavs because they have either the SKS or an AK but the scavs rocking the Saiga and can dome you from the UN truck to the bus on Customs is a little extreme, one shot and that is it, it's a little annoying, they aren't fun to play against, I've killed more PMC's this patch but had more issues with aimbot scavs either one tapping or literally dropping your health under 150, its a little too much at times, there seem to be some scavs that are easy but then there are some that just take it to a whole new level of too extreme, can't even sit in a bush without getting shot at.

Hopefully they tone it down just a tad, decrease their aimbot accuracy by a couple points or something

AdhesiveTeflon

"Scavs are too OP"

Two threads down:

"Scavs are too easy"