jasonzd3

SCAV are way too OP

mcloud
On ‎21‎-‎4‎-‎2018 at 9:38 AM, sYs said:

They are weak and sudenly there is one who taps you with 2 shots in the chest (dead chest) and your buddy goes to check out your rotting body and your defender is perfect 45/45 and scav who killed you is shooting 9mm :D

i wore paka but i got one shotted by a grach in the chest too. I think the armor bug has not been fixed yet :(

Malevolent1
4 minutes ago, mcloud said:

i wore paka but i got one shotted by a grach in the chest too. I think the armor bug has not been fixed yet :(

I think you may be right to be honest. I have noticed that a few of my paca armors that buddies have picked up aren't deteriorating at all when getting killed from chest shots. Not sure how that works unless they hit me in the trachea next to my clavicles :P lol 

jasonzd3

I find out there are tons of them in the construction site of the custom. Did anyone find same?

On 4/22/2018 at 4:11 AM, zmaster1985 said:

the problem here isnt that they are harder... they Lock onto you and never leave you alone!

one of the first times i died i was inside the Resort... in one of the rooms that the only way you could get an Angle on me would be if your flying in the sky... Scav by the Ambulance on the other side like 200m away from where i was... Locked onto me! and eventho i was in cover and he didnt see me at all (i was laying on ground)... dude locks onto me and doesnt stops shooting!

I stayed still and still he not only broke all windows in the room i was but also managed to Headshot 1 Tap me!

Its realy crazy... and not normal at all!

Its not a question of "Git Gud Son"... or "you suck"... how can you do something against situation like this when u dont even have time to aim?? like.. im not exagerating... before when a Scav saw you there was a small delay... he saw you, he said some words and only 2 secs later he would start shooting @ you! this gave you time to assess hes position and react.

Now they see you... the moment they detect you... POW!! they shoot you without even saying anything... and thts whts the prob.. Alongside the Godly Accuraccy!

Hardcore Survival Game.. i get it... but its still a game, it needs to be fun...

I feel the same, they can even shoot through some wall if they detected you. This is annoying not just because they can hurt you, but also they just give your position to everyone in the map. Sigh

Yamitri
45 minutes ago, jasonzd3 said:

I find out there are tons of them in the construction site of the custom. Did anyone find same?

I feel the same, they can even shoot through some wall if they detected you. This is annoying not just because they can hurt you, but also they just give your position to everyone in the map. Sigh

My spidey senses are tingling, dave. OPEN FIRE!

Xenomorph0352

Patch notes have addressed this apparently.

bookcoda
On 4/20/2018 at 12:14 AM, PIG-Mathieu said:

Scavs are not supposed to be just free loot around the places.

They are suppose to be dangerous. You've been used to playing against them with you fort armors and your OPS cores, but you need to remember that this is some good loot that is supposed to be rare.

They have armor and they are dangerous opponents. Maybe you should consider teaming up with people against the scavs then. Who knows, it might be the only way out of tarkov after all...

image.thumb.png.c39abf5d24a11efb53aa91a2b2cac1fe.png

The AI scav should never be a scarier opponent then a human being i should not be more afraid of a scav with no armor and a PM then i am of a geared out player. Being head tapped in the face at range with the first shot by a scav with a PM is rage inducing like i get they have an sks and challenge and all that but PM's really.

Cragos

Actually after the fix patch that came today, it feels like they have gotten worse. I mean i see them, they see me at the same time and in a matter of a millisecond i have a bullet between my eyes

DinPoww

Scavs are still bullshit ive just died to one on customs i was fairly well geared level 4 chest and stomach and a helmet with visor crossed the bridge and started getting shot thru the bushes where there is 0 line of site on me so i lay down in cover still getting hit so i can fix my broken leg and run to a better position run back accross the bridge still getting shot at but had cover in the way he could apparenly see thru get to the little like brick buildings by the bridge look down the bridge see the scav pushing me i shoot him 8 times in the chest with 7n39 ak rounds hes still coming sees me and taps me one time and kills me by apparently hitting my eyes with a visor on my friend who had to restart his game finnaly connects kills the scav whos rocking a ducking pm pistol and no armour then loots my body all my armor was fine lost maybe 5 or 6 hp and the visor and helmet where un touched. But yeah dont worry thats deffo how a scav with a pistol should be...

Cloak
On 4/20/2018 at 12:05 AM, jasonzd3 said:

It is so hard to play in this situation that they have the more advanced weapon and armor. Besides, most of them have the aimbot. Painful to play right now.

They're actually dumb, I walked up behind one with a axe and stood there for 1 second taking my time aiming for his head. Split his skull from behind and got his gear. It's quite magical though that his buddy knew he was dead and was trying to sneak up on me but I killed him too. So Ai is wonky, cheap and genius at the same time.

Cloak
Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2018 at 12:14 AM, PIG-Mathieu said:

Scavs are not supposed to be just free loot around the places.

They are suppose to be dangerous. You've been used to playing against them with you fort armors and your OPS cores, but you need to remember that this is some good loot that is supposed to be rare.

They have armor and they are dangerous opponents. Maybe you should consider teaming up with people against the scavs then. Who knows, it might be the only way out of tarkov after all...

image.thumb.png.c39abf5d24a11efb53aa91a2b2cac1fe.png

You know when this game first came out and I started to watch the developers videos. I was left with the impression that we were going to have to build our weapons up from stripped weapons. Not just collect them from scavs. And if we did get any good loot from them they were going to be super hard to kill. I am actually hoping loot drops are lowered and become more scarce. Meaning that the gear and weapons scavs have are not so good and intact. I'm Also hoping for more scavs through out the maps cause if our only goal is to Escape I'd think it's going to be a walk in the park.

But I will say that scavs have improved from the last time I played this game but they still have their moments when they're god like in their abilities. They are becoming more like what you guys wanted them to be. And that is more human like and you can't tell between human players and AI. I really like that.

All in all who knows what this game will be like when it's complete one day. I've just recently started playing this game again and it's significantly better from the time I played it. Cheers.

Edited by Cloak
Forgot a word

BaconSniper

They probably have a while to make .12 playable so... you get some scav variety. Keeps things fresh and the forums active. GG

The-Maverick

i would like to see the accuracy of scavs be more spray and pray, as the scavs in my opinion should be normal people who picked up a gun and went looking for beans with no training, but to make them still somewhat of a threat, make them roam in packs of 2-5, 

pleznt

So I've been smashing customs for 4 hours offline trying to defeat the scav boss. I peeked a window directly opposite 3rd story dorm from which i think was the kitchen in the 2nd story dorm, and instantly they all noticed me. They started shooting and somehow blacks out my leg. Could have been a ricochet.

I bail into another room and as I go to walk back out I get shot through the window in the back. I investigate and there was a scav in the 1st floor window far right but had somehow seen me through a curtain shade that was blocking half the window.

They can 1 tap me approaching dorms through a window because I took a stupid approach, but when your dying because they can hear you from miles away and shoot through concealment, then i feel like playing other games.

It would be nice if when they spot you and start shooting you, that their actual eyes are looking in your direction.

Valaska

My only issue with scavs is they have x-ray vision. Them seeing straight through grass on woods near scav shack is effin frustrating and gets me killed just because I can't see them but they can clearly see me through massive sheafs of wheat. They see through tree's, shrubs, objects, etc.

TheColdVein

If Alpha footage wasn't still under NDA, you'd be popping some popcorn for that horror flick. 

Varreox

Hate SCAV players.

Yeavo

I personally don't find scavs hard as much as annoying to the level of borderline frustrating. They're not as much OP as the fact that they don't seem to actually shoot at you but rather the game plays a gun sound and then throws an invisible dice whether the scav hit you or not. I've had a scav shoot my legs off through rocks or concrete so many times it starts breaking the immersion. With PMCs I don't such salty reaction since its more likely due to factors of skill rather than my bad luck RNG deciding that scav gets a critical hit DnD epic style.

Spectator6

I've always felt scavs should be a two-way street. 

After all, no one seems to mind when they line up a quick and clean headshot on a scav. But when a higher skill level scav lands a similarly quick and clean headshot on a player, why is that automatically considered blasphemy?

IMO, what makes it seem unfair at times are a bit more nuanced... For example, do I mind being headshotted by a scav? Well, it depends. If he was already alerted to my presence and simply waiting for me to peek, that seems fair. But whenever the scav is facing in a slightly different direction and is somehow able to immediately spin on a dime, go prone, and THEN land a headshot... That's when things start feeling a bit unjust.

The point being that there may be ways for BSG to address the movement/lock-on mechanics without simply nerfing their ready-and-on-target stationary accuracy across the board.

Thoughts?

jlambvo
On 9/4/2019 at 10:34 AM, Spectator6 said:

I've always felt scavs should be a two-way street. 

After all, no one seems to mind when they line up a quick and clean headshot on a scav. But when a higher skill level scav lands a similarly quick and clean headshot on a player, why is that automatically considered blasphemy?

IMO, what makes it seem unfair at times are a bit more nuanced... For example, do I mind being headshotted by a scav? Well, it depends. If he was already alerted to my presence and simply waiting for me to peek, that seems fair. But whenever the scav is facing in a slightly different direction and is somehow able to immediately spin on a dime, go prone, and THEN land a headshot... That's when things start feeling a bit unjust.

The point being that there may be ways for BSG to address the movement/lock-on mechanics without simply nerfing their ready-and-on-target stationary accuracy across the board.

Thoughts?

Totally agree. It's silly, although I've felt the urge in all FPSs, to complain about bots spotting or placing accurate fire on me when I've spotted them and am just used to landing precise head shots. If it were a human player you would or should assume that if you can see and hit them, they can do the same to you.

But--it's the subtle timing and responses you expect that makes it completely different to fight human versus AI players, and it sucks to switch gears between them. On a raid the other day, I went to do a lean-peek on a scav. We'd already engaged each other and so it was inviting a contest of out aiming which was stupid.

But the annoying part was that the moment I pressed the lean button and before the animation had even played, the scav had blacked both my arms with a shotgun blast. I suspect (as has been the case in some other games confirmed in debugging modes) or it at least felt that that hitbox might resize/move instantly, to which the AI was able to lock into and fire immediately. Peeker's advantage?

We have to remember that where humans need aimbots and esp, AIs need to be programmed to miss and not see you convincingly. I'm assuming they have built in some state transition delays between spotting, aiming, and firing, but these should clearly be tuned to correspond to actual human player response times (and if not, added).

JoeRollz

They're predicable bots nothing close to ai. Learn the script they run off. They have agro and disengage timers. Mosin/209 scavs will one tap you chest if your in anything under lv3.  SKS/136 have a 25% chance to one tap your chest wearing lv3 and under. Only Killa has x-ray vision. Normal scavs will lock on and track you after being spotted.

You just gotta find a discord with experienced players who are willing to explain the bot mechanics. Keep hopping around till you find a group who agrees that scavs are easy.

Yeavo
On 4/20/2018 at 10:05 AM, jasonzd3 said:

Besides, most of them have the aimbot.

All AI bots in all games have aimbots. (They also "see" you through walls.) Some (or rather 99% of them) just are programmed to miss on purpose and when they hit you they don't kill you immediately but instead take cover (or do something else that would make no tactical sense to a real human). Play COD singleplayer against bots, or some other shooter you're experienced with in a PvP setting.  And try to honestly count how many times the AI missed an opportunity to kill you where a player would have not. Then try to realize that was done on purpose. Some games are worse offender in this than others. Tarkov doesn't intent on holding your hand and that makes balancing AI even harder because we're playing in a multiplayer setting with a huge variety in player skills and preferred tactics.