munchiesnOOb

What's up with Terminator scavs in this patch?

munchiesnOOb

So I'm already in love with the optimization with this patch, and a new gear drop is good too, but I've noticed a problem with the scavs.

How exactly is someone who's supposed to be just some civilian who picked up a gun able to pop into a room and instantly headshot you, when you've got your gun trained on the door? This has happened a few times to me already. I'm not expecting super easy AI that just sits there and takes it, but to have AI walk into a room and instantly snap onto your forehead and fire a single killing shot is ridiculous. Frankly, if they can't get the AI tuned right, they should either dumb it down and let us enjoy a brief respite of easy kills until they get em fixed, or remove ai scavs entirely temporarily.

I haven't played for a while; I took a hiatus for a bit to let some updates come out so I didn't get burned out on an inferior version of the game, so I don't know if they messed with scavs in the past ~2 months. I am currently actually able to enjoy the game again on my potato computer, and I'm doing FAR better now with the higher fps than I used to.

Salty fanboys who think criticism and discussion is just whining do not interact.

iaminmyhouse

Me and my friends have ran into this issue all day.  One of my friends got 1 shotted 4 games in a row.  Besides the scav issues, i am loving the patch.  It's amazing how much better i do when im not getting killed from the dsync

munchiesnOOb

Yeah, they must have hired a wizard since the previous patch.

Although my new favorite hobby is getting shot through walls by wallhackers in the mall. Nothing quite like losing an MPX and a load of kit to a script kiddy with x-ray vision.

Serandis
On 4/21/2018 at 4:59 AM, munchiesnOOb said:

So I'm already in love with the optimization with this patch, and a new gear drop is good too, but I've noticed a problem with the scavs.

How exactly is someone who's supposed to be just some civilian who picked up a gun able to pop into a room and instantly headshot you, when you've got your gun trained on the door? This has happened a few times to me already. I'm not expecting super easy AI that just sits there and takes it, but to have AI walk into a room and instantly snap onto your forehead and fire a single killing shot is ridiculous. Frankly, if they can't get the AI tuned right, they should either dumb it down and let us enjoy a brief respite of easy kills until they get em fixed, or remove ai scavs entirely temporarily.

I haven't played for a while; I took a hiatus for a bit to let some updates come out so I didn't get burned out on an inferior version of the game, so I don't know if they messed with scavs in the past ~2 months. I am currently actually able to enjoy the game again on my potato computer, and I'm doing FAR better now with the higher fps than I used to.

Salty fanboys who think criticism and discussion is just whining do not interact.

Well. That problem came up a lot of times in the Forums and i never saw any Developer making a statement about that.
I feel with you.. this is the most annoying thing for me atm in this game. Furthermore i was wearing a full UN Helmet + Vest but the Scav just oneshot headshot me with an MP153 Buckshot from 25m away.

I agree that the AI should be changed or erased because every time u fight a Scav there is this "God, please don´t one shot me!!" Moment.

MasterOfDarknes

These scavs are ridiculous. Yesterday i played with 2 mates and we all 3! got onehittet by the same shotgun bot at the road to customs exit on shoreline. He fired 4 rounds, thats one f*cking magazine and he killed 3 people who were standing around 3-8 meters next to each other.

I lilke hard scavs especially when i play in group, but the thing ist most of them just stand around and wait to get killed. Then there comes one of them wich is some kind of Terminator and kills the whole group out of nowhere.

Edited by MasterOfDarknes

munchiesnOOb
On 4/23/2018 at 10:43 AM, MasterOfDarknes said:

These scavs are ridiculous. Yesterday i played with 2 mates and we all 3! got onehittet by the same shotgun bot at the road to customs exit on shoreline. He fired 4 rounds, thats one f*cking magazine and he killed 3 people who were standing around 3-8 meters next to each other.

I lilke hard scavs especially when i play in group, but the thing ist most of them just stand around and wait to get killed. Then there comes one of them wich is some kind of Terminator and kills the whole group out of nowhere.

And apparently they're all also jacked into skynet. Kill one scav as a player scav behind a rock in a corner of Shoreline? 12 scavs along the coast instantly sniff you out.

KillerOyster
On 4/21/2018 at 9:59 AM, munchiesnOOb said:

And I think the problem with Scavs having the ability to see through thick bushes and kill you is back