PGR70

Skier task 1: Modular 3M armor vests

PGR70

I made the mistake to accept Skier task 1. You have to find 3 modular 3M armor vests. But I am doing raids like crazy on different maps, but I do not see (and find) any scav with a vest on (let alone a Modular 3M armor vest). Does anybody have some tips on where to find these vests? Which maps? On scavs?

Maki_Nishikino

Scavs on Factory, stay till near the end of a raid. 

Edited by Maki_Nishikino
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Your_Moms_Gyno

gotta love how they changed it from fort+kiver and now fort is easy to find and 3m is not hahaha

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

nwinters15
14 minutes ago, qS_Sachiel said:

gotta love how they changed it from fort+kiver and now fort is easy to find and 3m is not hahaha

I know me and my group were laughing about how easy it is to farm fort but impossible to find 3 white armors.

DiBBz
3 hours ago, qS_Sachiel said:

its so freaking backwards. i dunno why a entry level quest is so incredibly hard to do such as this. im not touching factory until i can acquire body armour myself. otherwise its just easy killing!

• Upvote 2

Van_Hellspit

I did the same, found a 3m and the gun and accepted the task, then realized I needed more. Its not so bad as you only lose .1 reputation.

But like maki stated get into factory and wait until end.

Arzzet
3 hours ago, DiBBz said:

its so freaking backwards. i dunno why a entry level quest is so incredibly hard to do such as this. im not touching factory until i can acquire body armour myself. otherwise its just easy killing!

Most of players still go without armor, and/or with pistols, so easy killing for you.

Now is the time factory is easier than ever

And come on! You have 3 whole days to accomplish that, don’t be desperate after just few tries..

Edited by Arzzet
Responding to last

JJamie
5 minutes ago, Arzzet said:

Most of players still go without armor, and/or with pistols, so easy killing for you.

And come on! You have 3 whole days to accomplish that, don’t be desperate after just few tries..

3 whole days - sometimes i can't play this game for 3 days.

we need a massive warning that quests are timed, not some little footnote in the description of the quest or something. i personally thought they were changing all timed quests because they said they were going to. i started the quest up and i've only seen 3 of the body armors, i've only been able to extract with 1 of them.

i don't have time to play 6-8 hours a day to easily farm these things. so it looks like a failed quest for me because #1 i didn't notice it was timed until i already started it, and #2 i can't play enough. so ya. wonderful

• Hot 1

PGR70
54 minutes ago, JJamie said:

3 whole days - sometimes i can't play this game for 3 days.

we need a massive warning that quests are timed, not some little footnote in the description of the quest or something. i personally thought they were changing all timed quests because they said they were going to. i started the quest up and i've only seen 3 of the body armors, i've only been able to extract with 1 of them.

i don't have time to play 6-8 hours a day to easily farm these things. so it looks like a failed quest for me because #1 i didn't notice it was timed until i already started it, and #2 i can't play enough. so ya. wonderful

Same here bro...! :(

Arzzet

Same for me, I only start timed quests when I know I will have a good session. I doesn’t mean is easy or whatoever. But I can imagine people complaining after 2 tries lol. Little luck to find it + little work to extract it, nothing else.

I know not everybody can play many hours a day, including myself. But I will not complain untill my timer mark 0 and I know I did my guts to try it.

triko
9 hours ago, PGR70 said:

I made the mistake to accept Skier task 1. You have to find 3 modular 3M armor vests. But I am doing raids like crazy on different maps, but I do not see (and find) any scav with a vest on (let alone a Modular 3M armor vest). Does anybody have some tips on where to find these vests? Which maps? On scavs?

I Made the missione in 5-6 attempts!

Raid into custom, go to construction site playing scav if you are lucky find one if you dont go to old gas station and take look at it! Repeat this steps using pmc and after 20 go again with scav! Custom works for me very well 

Lfsabch

i just keep factory raiding with scav and hope i see one and survive since scavs are broken as hell

MrSolo

I normally just check to see what the quests require here, or on reddit or on youtube first.  Then I gather the necessary supplies, THEN accept the quest.  Don't accept the quest until you already have what it needs.  This won't work for everything, but it solves your problem of not being able to play everyday.  Just save up quest items you will need, and accept the quest only once you have it all.  Just a tip. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Zotach

yeah it's funny, last patch you could get them everywhere, now they are as rare as factory keys...

DiBBz
4 hours ago, Arzzet said:

factory is not easy lol. because majority are flesh targets there is literately no point bringing in weapons only to die from a stray bullet or someone sniping you with a pistol. also FYI ive done 8 scav runs in factory and 5 PMC runs. all lasting a good long time and only 4 deaths total. not 1 single 3M armour. ive gotten my 2 from customs and woods

THE_BANDIT

I think them adding the new body armor could have messed up the the chances of scavs having 3M , I've only found PACA and the new UNTAR body armor on scavs so far. 

Lolifister

I pressed the accept button by accident, god damn it. Does anyone know if this will lock me out from achieving Skier 4?

Arzzet
3 hours ago, Lolifister said:

I pressed the accept button by accident, god damn it. Does anyone know if this will lock me out from achieving Skier 4?

I don’t think so

kukroach

no it won't , even with the doc reducing rep for him I was still able to max all traders last wipe

Roggle_Doggle

I spent about 8 hours yesterday trying to get 3M armor to no avail. I got all three today within an hour. My suggestion: Have a Gamma container (if your circle of friends has one dude with EoD or whatever he can give you his and reset his account.) and figure out a few clusters of scavs (I patrolled the storage shed area, construction, and the gas station on customs) and just go through killing them and extracting once they're exhausted. If you get one put it in the container and you're golden. The only way to increase your chance to get one is to kill more scavs.

awarecs

Play as scav on factory. Look around for an AI scav who has a 3M, kill him and extract. The only annoying part with this would be if you walk into a newbie player scav, those idiots would just shoot you on sight. Also cooldown for playing as scav so there's that too. 

Snake-Plissken

Everyone is looking for them because of the wipe and because it's Skier's first quest. Factory runs are going to be stripped bare for a while. You just have to be patient.

rimaX

Just failed this task as I havent been able to play more than a few hours this weekend (and didnt see it being a timed task before accepting). I only lost 0.08 rep with Skier, but the task auto-restarted! And now with only a 24h timer! Anyone else had this? I guess I can forget maxing Skier this time around :P

BTW, Ive found ALL the other armors, but havent even seen a 3M!

Darkninja1047
10 hours ago, awarecs said:

Play as scav on factory. Look around for an AI scav who has a 3M, kill him and extract. The only annoying part with this would be if you walk into a newbie player scav, those idiots would just shoot you on sight. 

I haven't seen one 3m armor since the wipe. But I would avoid factory for scav on scav action. When ever I do that so many scavs come running I can't do anything but stand on the stairs And shoot till the bodies pile up. Can't even loot as a scav comes every 5 seconds. It's broken as hell. 

As for player scavs killing other player scavs, that seems to be what everybody does. If you are a scav and you see another player scav, shoot them dead. If you don't they'll kill you the min you turn your back to them. Maybe they'll have the 3m you need.

I've been killed so many times by fellow player scavs I don't trust them anymore

xsaintone

Go to Woods as a Scav or PMC doesnt matter. Just go near UN Roadblock exfil. Near the red warehouse - around rocks there will be a bunch of scavs chilling 3-6 scavs. I got 2 armors from them in 1 run. Its super easy.

• Upvote 1