xRAxThanatos

Stop comparing EFT with DayZ...

xRAxThanatos

Can people please stop comparing this with DayZ please! EFT is nothing like it apart from the survival aspect of it. DayZ is a broken as hell game that should have stayed as a mod in my opinion, but for the sake of a proper survival stop comparing this game to DayZ.

• Upvote 3

.Motorola.

Yeah it is nothing like DayZ or any other survival MMO like Rust or  H1Z1 BR.

• Upvote 2

xRAxThanatos

1 minute ago, .Motorola. said:

Yeah it is nothing like DayZ or any other survival MMO like Rust or  H1Z1 BR.

Well I'm glad at least one person agrees with me :)

N_UMN

Do not they believe in the originality of this game , and that's compared. Especially that one of the developers in an interview , he mentioned the DZ.

MrStone

This game is really its own unique experience.

• Upvote 1

Lasyx

While I think that DayZ all in all is a great game, it have lost its focus. 

I am hoping this will be the game I get stuck with, really longing for free roam mode!

• Upvote 2

sYs

duck Dayz. 2 years in development - still no FPS fix. Game is dead. Instead of focusing on core problems they just add new stuff. Dayz DED GEIM

EFT FTW

• Upvote 3

JTGJackSparrow

DayZ 'could' be a good game. The mod was really good fun and when the standalone first came out, it was playable and I enjoyed it. Now its unplayable and broken. The guy behind the whole DayZ thing left and the game went south. EFT will annihilate the survival aspects of DayZ and then some.

• Upvote 1

Dankirno

Will this blow The Divison out of the water?

• Upvote 1

JTGJackSparrow
2 hours ago, Dankirno said:

Might be close, division survival is less in depth but I think it's more story driven

• Upvote 1

xRAxThanatos
8 hours ago, Dankirno said:

Most definitely. Division will be quite arcady and will be alot like future soldier game mechanics.  

• Upvote 2

ChiefGreyBush

I really hope this is nothing like DayZ or H1Z1.  Not that I ever had them confused.  Trailers alone, you can see the quality of production difference. The looks and game play are superior to the fore mentioned titles.  T.C.'s The Division is not in this league at all.  Can not wait for my first alpha taste test.  :-)

• Upvote 1

dusttanker

If this game is half as good as it looks in the pictures and movies of the game , it will be the best survival game and it will beat the underdeveloped DayZ . Best regards and wish you a pleasant job.

• Upvote 1

berich1988

i think this could give the division a run for its money. its unsure whether the end game will be adequate  for the division, where this holds so much potential for greatness

Edited by berich1988
  • Upvote 1

sYs
21 hours ago, berich1988 said:

i think this could give the division a run for its money. its unsure whether the end game will be adequate  for the division, where this holds so much potential for greatness

Division beta is pretty empty. Can't judge game but for me - i don't think game is worth 59.99 euros. 

xRAxThanatos
On 1/31/2016 at 9:27 AM, berich1988 said:

The division is completely different from EFT, The division is way to arcade like to be compared to this now, where you have point accumulators in it where as in EFT there is basically no scoring system.

Meastro

People are always gonna compare other games, it goes with the stuff ya know.

Would love some more gameplay footage if possible. Still havent decided if i want to pre-order it.

Benuar

People seem to make the mistake of comparing the original dayz - mod to that thing people call a game - standallone.

The comparison to the original dayz mod is not so far fatched. 

- Both are survival games

- In both you can lose a lot on death

- Most importantly both focus on realistic gun physics

Those are enough points IMO to compare something by, it has some parallels. Why do you get butthurt over people comparing this? 

EFT is way more like DAYZ then it is like the Devision.

Edited by Benuar

papa_xray

The thing that this has over DayZ, is that it embraces PVP. When I first played DayZ the PVP was intense, but it was the something that everyone in the game wanted. In EFT, I can't wait to get into some crazy firefights.

MadStalker

I think that EFT is more teamplay based than DayZ, and can attract more MilSim players, most of time more serious than casuals.

DayZ's still in development, and it will maybe be a good game in one or two years. But actually, it looks more like a Arma where you have to find your own guns than really a survival.

Scavs are a lot more intense than unbrain zombies ^^

Kovacs
2 hours ago, MadStalker said:

Scavs are a lot more intense than unbrain zombies ^^

It will be hard to create something less dangerous than DayZ's zombies. Even the grass look like hazardous beside them.

Scruffy
On January 24, 2016 at 4:01 AM, Dankirno said:

But not the first two videos of the division :) 

When I saw first introduction of the division few years back I was hyped more than I am hyped now with EFT. But, then again, by the time game actually came to life it turned out it is not as close as I hoped from the initial dev plans. 

Now, I won't play the division even if it goes on sale. 

Sad life this is :) 

Scruffy
On 1/19/2016 at 9:09 AM, xRAxThanatos said:

Can people please stop comparing this with DayZ please! EFT is nothing like it apart from the survival aspect of it. DayZ is a broken as hell game that should have stayed as a mod in my opinion, but for the sake of a proper survival stop comparing this game to DayZ.

This game might be closer to DayZ than you think ;) 

Furthermore, I would be happiest person if this get to be a polished, well balanced and smoother version of survival games in the past!