Lui_Fyre

The Hatchling Epidemic

Lui_Fyre

No Offense to any of the devs because I respect you, but how are you gonna make a game about Gun play that can all be out played by a guy that can run toward you and take enough bullets for him to get close enough to make your gun go up , to then one tap you with a hatchet? The Hatchling problem wasn't a big deal a few patches ago but every raid on every map ,( dont get me started about Factory), has at least half of the players running around with hatchets. My proposal is not to remove hatchets but to nerf them to a point where it takes 4 hits to the head to kill a player and 8 to the body (no armor) or add armor to a level 1 merchant. This would of been one of the first things i would've done if i developed this game. There is no way ,this should be a thing . There's a lot of bugs in the game and this doesn't help the situation at all.

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

LordSquidworth

I have yet to die from a hatchling this patch.

If you have a gun and you die to a hatchling, get off the computer and go look in a mirror. That is who you have to blame.

Edited by LordSquidworth
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

Lui_Fyre
2 minutes ago, LordSquidworth said:

I have yet to die from a hatchling this patch.

If you have a gun and you die to a hatchling, get off the computer and go look in a mirror. That is who you have to blame.

so because you haven't died to it , it some how isnt a problem? the issue is that this is a game about guns and half of the server has players running around with hatchets. I dont see why you would respond to this post if your just gonna say " well it hasnt happened to me, therefore youre dumb" 

LordSquidworth
3 minutes ago, Lui_Fyre said:

so because you haven't died to it , it some how isnt a problem? the issue is that this is a game about guns and half of the server has players running around with hatchets. I dont see why you would respond to this post if your just gonna say " well it hasnt happened to me, therefore youre dumb" 

You're complaining about dying to a knife/hatchet when you have a gun... 

If you die to someone with a gun, will you need a rocket launcher to even the field? 

Graham_117

Asking for 4 hits to the head from a hatchet would just ruin the game...

Lui_Fyre
Just now, LordSquidworth said:

You're complaining about dying to a knife/hatchet when you have a gun... 

If you die to someone with a gun, will you need a rocket launcher to even the field? 

?????? can your brain not process what im saying?? So let me get this straight .Youre ok with it taking a couple shots to take down someone with an AKU, but a guy that runs behind you ,drops you with one hit with a hatchet,is ok to you ? duck it dude youre right , why have guns . this isnt about skill, i dont understand how M4s are not a one tap but hatchets are.

2 minutes ago, Graham_117 said:

Asking for 4 hits to the head from a hatchet would just ruin the game...

why? the game is about guns...

renderbroken
11 minutes ago, Lui_Fyre said:

It has happened to me when I first started Tarkov but has not been a problem since. I tend to play slowish and make sure I keep distance. This is common sense and I am sure you already know this. 

I think the issue is balancing it out. Because, I have enjoyed going out as a hatchling to take out scavs, then to use what I got to snowball into better gear. But if you make it too hard by nerfing melee weapons, then it will be way harder than it already is to take out the scavs. 

Also, I think it kinda goes with the Lore a bit with PMCs going out to scavenge for gear they find.  Main thing though, it is super frustrating when your gun goes up. IRL that wouldn't happen, you would just hold the gun at your side and move it behind you slightly to make the room to shoot. 

I think, if they could do that, then the issue wouldn't be as big. You should still have to move your gun up through a door way as there wouldn't be room behind you to move it back like in the above example. 

Also note that hatchlings are why I would at least go out with a Kolpak. Wearing one has saved me from being one shot in the head with a hatchling. 

Edited by renderbroken

LordSquidworth
1 minute ago, Lui_Fyre said:

?????? can your brain not process what im saying?? So let me get this straight .Youre ok with it taking a couple shots to take down someone with an AKU, but a guy that runs behind you ,drops you with one hit with a hatchet,is ok to you ? duck it dude youre right , why have guns . this isnt about skill, i dont understand how M4s are not a one tap but hatchets are.

If someone conks you on the head with a knife/hatchet for a one hit kill they earned the kill. 

You can down someone with a AKU in one shot... Aim for the face... 

1 minute ago, Lui_Fyre said:

why? the game is about guns...

Most games with guns also have a melee aspect. 

Lui_Fyre
1 minute ago, renderbroken said:

It has happened to me when I first started Tarkov but has not been a problem since. I tend to play slowish and make sure I keep distance. This is common sense and I am sure you already know this. 

I think the issue is balancing it out. Because, I have enjoyed going out as a hatchling to take out scavs, then to use what I got to snowball into better gear. But if you make it too hard by nerfing melee weapons, then it will be way harder than it already is to take out the scavs. 

Also, I think it kinda goes with the Lore a bit with PMCs going out to scavenge for gear they find.  Main thing though, it is super frustrating when your gun goes up. IRL that wouldn't happen, you would just hold the gun at your side and move it behind you slightly to make the room to shoot. 

I think, if they could do that, then the issue wouldn't be as big. You should still have to move your gun up through a door way as there wouldn't be room behind you to move it back like in the above example. 

thank you , that is a good solution. My problem is I want to get into more gun fights , I dont know if its bad luck but every server i enter has hatchlings everywhere. Im not a bad player i know how to play, last wipe i had 20 million dollars in my account ,M4s and all top tier armor. I myself play as a hatchling but it gets to a point where everyone is doing it and the tactical aspect of the game flys out the window.

2 minutes ago, LordSquidworth said:

If someone conks you on the head with a knife/hatchet for a one hit kill they earned the kill. 

You can down someone with a AKU in one shot... Aim for the face... 

Most games with guns also have a melee aspect. 

how? if youre gun goes up when someone gets close? I bet you dont even use guns you just run around with a hatchet farming loot. No way someone like you cant understand what im saying, just dont respond.

LordSquidworth
3 minutes ago, Lui_Fyre said:

how? if youre gun goes up when someone gets close? I bet you dont even use guns you just run around with a hatchet farming loot. No way someone like you cant understand what im saying, just dont respond.

Don't let them get that close? 

Double tap v is supposed to give you a quick hit with your melee, I'm assuming as a solution to this. Never tried it. 

Lui_Fyre
Just now, LordSquidworth said:

Don't let them get that close? 

Double tap v is supposed to give you a quick hit with your melee, I'm assuming as a solution to this. Never tried it. 

i kill the hatchlings but im tired of killing them and wiping the entire server. Last wipe i had 20 mill in my account with every weapon you can imagine . Once again my issue i that , 1 hatchets are OP 2. more than half of every server is hatchlings. Also v+v doesnt do anything.

StrykerAK47

I think its Alt+F4 or F5 that does the hatchling shuffle push, puts about 2 feet between you and that hatchet wielding child that is trying to pummel your bald head in. This gives you enough room to bring your assault rifle back into its upright position thus giving you a 2nd or maybe 3rd opportunity to end the little shits life. Although with so many of those hatchet wielding cynical bastards running around without any parental supervision I think your best option may be to just play something like Candy Crush. I heard there's no melee hatchets at all in that game. Just a thought, there's always my favorite option too, called "Get Guud Son and Quit Yo bit-ch'n" .... Could work, try it out.... I am only trying to help here don't get mad at me, get mad at the hatchets or the devs its their fault for adding in the ability to defend yourself without a firearm. Also this game is about survival, and melee weaponry is an important aspect of surviving. Its not all about just "guns".... Also only 20 million bucks, pshhh, well i had 20 and a half million so that means I'm a far superior gun wielding douche canoe than you are. Have a nice day sir, try not to take anymore hatchets to the head.

Edited by StrykerAK47

Maki_Nishikino

With persistent damage to come hatchet runs are not going to be very viable. 

• Upvote 1

LordSquidworth
4 hours ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

With persistent damage to come hatchet runs are not going to be very viable. 

I don't think it'll change it imo. Health kits are cheap.

5 hours ago, Lui_Fyre said:

i kill the hatchlings but im tired of killing them and wiping the entire server. Last wipe i had 20 mill in my account with every weapon you can imagine . Once again my issue i that , 1 hatchets are OP 2. more than half of every server is hatchlings. Also v+v doesnt do anything.

I thought everyone had at least 20 million by the time the wipe came? I lost count of the full money cases. Had 70+ forts/bitcoins, 50+ m4s. Etc etc.

Wear a helmet? Once you get to the body armor and helmet phase of the game they become harmless. Before the wipe it was routine to find a hatchling trying to hatchet us to death with just little pings off our gear.

Again, I don't see the ultimate issue. If you can survive more than one time a hatchet being buried in your bald shiny skull irl I'd love to see some proof. Otherwise, melee has always been a quick kill if you get close to someone in basically any game.

Maki_Nishikino
5 minutes ago, LordSquidworth said:

I don't think it'll change it imo. Health kits are cheap.

The entire health system will be overhauled.

Schopenhauer

Hatchets and knives are absolutely more lethan than a gun in CQC.
People can keep charging at you even after a couple of shots, kill you and then die.
In real close quarters, i rather take my chances with someone with a gun, than with someone with a knife.
Check this examples:

Time 22:06

https://youtu.be/YzFRJb_ZZxQ?t=1326

And this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upxfo_jBrDE

Schopenhauer

Oh also i think that the game tries to be  a "Combat Simulator", not a gun simulator.
So if the knife insta kills you, and the attacker require several shots to take down i say its realistic.
Beware of them and git gud.

another ilustrative video, its good advice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwXpXg78VQA

Edited by Schopenhauer

sneezecheese

I killed a bot scav with a scabard lol, those bots really don't know how to aim when your up close and personal