Suggestion: Add compass?

FengerSan

Adding some stuff like compass which can tell us where is north & west  can be very useful, It can also help squad communicate.
maybe it can be equipped on left hand. So you can use it by pressing a button. It will be cool. :)
ps:as an asian player .my english is suck. sorry for bad grammar.

Seeing as the ability to post is disabled I'll just ask here, why did the developers of this game feel the need to have a pay to play game with pay to win aspects? me and a couple of friends heard about the game it reminded us of Arma 2 Epoch and were about to preorder when we saw the multiple packages offering more and more ingame perks depending on how much money you drop. Surely this is just an even worse version of EA? Honestly the only reason I can see for offering packages up to an additional 70 Euros with serious in game advantages is greed.. excessive greed. Please correct me if you see a real reason as to why people who spend more money deserve a competitve edge but i don't really see it and seeing as the base game price is respectably priced there is no reason you should need this extra income 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, FengerSan said:

Adding some stuff like compass which can tell us where is north & west  can be very useful, It can also help squad communicate.

Hell yeah, been pushing for this for a good minute. 

1 hour ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

Watch compass to come.

Whaaat? Yeeeeeaaa boiiii!!!!

I would be skeptical but you usually seem pretty well informed, so Ill take your word for it. :) 

1 minute ago, Gr8WhiteBuffalo said:

I would be skeptical but you usually seem pretty well informed, so Ill take your word for it. :) 

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

1 hour ago, doyle567432 said:

Seeing as the ability to post is disabled I'll just ask here, why did the developers of this game feel the need to have a pay to play game with pay to win aspects? me and a couple of friends heard about the game it reminded us of Arma 2 Epoch and were about to preorder when we saw the multiple packages offering more and more ingame perks depending on how much money you drop. Surely this is just an even worse version of EA? Honestly the only reason I can see for offering packages up to an additional 70 Euros with serious in game advantages is greed.. excessive greed. Please correct me if you see a real reason as to why people who spend more money deserve a competitve edge but i don't really see it and seeing as the base game price is respectably priced there is no reason you should need this extra income 

lol you have absoloutely no idea my friend

6 hours ago, doyle567432 said:

This is an Indie game that has a smallish team working within a limited budget. The money spent on game packages is to help fund production of the game. The devs are far from greedy and most probably have spent more money making the game than they have got back so far.

The items you get in the game packages are able to be obtained or lost in game no matter which package you start with. The only exception being the season pass.

The game is not pay to win as it is skill based and not gear based. A fully geared unskilled player can lose a firefight to a skilled player with very little gear quite easily.

I would suggest doing some research before making such bold claims. I would also give this game a try as it is one of the best online shooters there is. There will be an open beta very soon if you are too cheap to buy the base game package.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 3:37 AM, DoctorSparky said:

if you are too cheap to buy the base game package.

like I said me and some friends were all going to buy the base game but I don't intend to support devs that offer paid advantages on an already pay to play game and I doubt I'm the only person not willing to pay money to play at a disadvantage

• Cold 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, doyle567432 said:

like I said me and some friends were all going to buy the base game but I don't intend to support devs that offer paid advantages on an already pay to play game and I doubt I'm the only person not willing to pay money to play at a disadvantage

If you are not gonna buy the game then don't, I won't lose any sleep over it.

35 minutes ago, doyle567432 said:

My apologies for that last remark. That sounded bad, I meant to say if you cant afford the base game package.

There really are no advantages with game packages when the full game releases. The most expensive one will give you the season pass but other than that you can earn or lose everything else in game.

If you are going to play with a group of friends then that in itself will give you a much greater advantage than anything else.

I like the idea.  I come from several years of Arma/DayZ where a compass is commonplace.  I often had trouble orienting myself or explaining to mates what direction an opponent was, where I was in relation to them, etc.

Even if it's a hotkey that goes through the whole animation of looking at your wrist, etc., it's worth it imo.

On 4/29/2018 at 12:44 PM, doyle567432 said:

Well then you should watch some video of gameplay and understand of what you're being critical.  The bigger packages start with "some" additional supplies and currency.  The most important thing you get is additional storage space, 2nd only to a season pass. The additional supplies "can" be helpful but generally go pretty fast.  In a game that is directly a risk vs. reward wager, starting with the additional pistols and supplies isn't a big deal as they can be lost very very quickly.

That being said, this game isn't for everyone.  But comparing an indie studio to that of a AAA publisher is myopic presumptuous.  Having put some time into the game, I've never once said or felt that I was frustrated because I was killed by an "Edge of Darkness" account holder.  Usually, dieing was the immediate result of a mistake that had nothing to do with being out-geared. Having been on the other side of that thought I've taken down some uber geared players with nothing more than a melee strike.

I heard StarDew is co-op now.  Perhaps you'd find a better gameplay experience there.

Oh, and way to hijack a thread about a compass.

Edited by Landomatic