dexter1096

sks discussion

dexter1096

There are pictures on the forums of early SKS's and they have the internal mag on them. right now I'm pretty sure there are only SKS's with 20 round removable mags. And I wonder if there are any plans to add an SKS with an internal mag. what do you think?

D20lm59h.jpg

Jrider728

would be nice, especially with using stripper clips rather than mags

Context

It would be cool but I really don’t think it’s needed

Maki_Nishikino
2 minutes ago, Context said:

It would be cool but I really don’t think it’s needed

Why not?

Gr8WhiteBuffalo
23 minutes ago, dexter1096 said:

There are pictures on the forums of early SKS's and they have the internal mag on them. right now I'm pretty sure there are only SKS's with 20 round removable mags. And I wonder if there are any plans to add an SKS with an internal mag. what do you think?

D20lm59h.jpg

Would be pretty strange of them to build the models and never use them, no?

I think theyre working on the ammo loading animations, followed by the stripper clip, and then we'll have our new Skier lvl 1 rifle next to the Vepyr.

HappyCamper

More options is always a good thing. This way everyone can choose their weapons to best suit their playstyle. So yeah, plz add.

• Upvote 1

MrSolo

I see new weapons and gear being the main thing the devs can keep doing continuously to keep the game 'fresh'.  Maps and major things take a very long time, but a slow but steady flow of new guns or gun varients into  the game will definitely keep things interesting.

I have no doubt we will see them, plus many other cool guns/gear/toys in the future. 

dexter1096
58 minutes ago, Jrider728 said:

would be nice, especially with using stripper clips rather than mags

definitly

MacBlastr

in the USA

no variant of the sks came with the aftermarket tapco mag. they came with the factory 10 round magazine that was not removable. China later made a 20 round variant of the non removable magazine.

In order to convert a sks to accept the tapco style mags shown in this game, you have to remove the entire trigger assembly to release the factory mag.

HOWEVER - an american company named Navy arms converted and produced the sks to accept AK47 mags... this weapon is knows as the type 84 sks (and is extremely rare).  

5adea6af31854_type84.thumb.jpg.7f99d8069b0f6433f47017f6442cd356.jpg

This weapon violated US laws at the time, so they invited a representative from china to produce the weapon. The resulting weapon is known as the type D sks. 

sksd.thumb.jpg.5b88d49749256b26c0e13e427ec0a8e4.jpg

During President Clinton's administration, various weapons were banned (including the sks & ak47) and these weapons were redesigned to circumvent the laws at the time - resulting in the sks type M - which included a 5 round ak47 magazine.

5adea6c7b4317_Modelmstock!.jpg.f840802985aee1e971d3593b1fe180ed.jpg

There is a fully automatic variant of the original SKS and a redesign known as the aks-53

aks-53.jpg.46dc03269647b6e44dd35acc3f9e4ed7.jpg

* interesting notes on the type 84 is that it has a manual bolt hold open button mounted on top of the charging handle. 

personally I would love to have the ak47 variant SKS's in the game... sks with a drum anyone? Rare Loot!

dexter1096
On 4/23/2018 at 11:39 PM, MacBlastr said:

in the USA

no variant of the sks came with the aftermarket tapco mag. they came with the factory 10 round magazine that was not removable. China later made a 20 round variant of the non removable magazine.

In order to convert a sks to accept the tapco style mags shown in this game, you have to remove the entire trigger assembly to release the factory mag.

HOWEVER - an american company named Navy arms converted and produced the sks to accept AK47 mags... this weapon is knows as the type 84 sks (and is extremely rare).  

5adea6af31854_type84.thumb.jpg.7f99d8069b0f6433f47017f6442cd356.jpg

This weapon violated US laws at the time, so they invited a representative from china to produce the weapon. The resulting weapon is known as the type D sks. 

sksd.thumb.jpg.5b88d49749256b26c0e13e427ec0a8e4.jpg

During President Clinton's administration, various weapons were banned (including the sks & ak47) and these weapons were redesigned to circumvent the laws at the time - resulting in the sks type M - which included a 5 round ak47 magazine.

5adea6c7b4317_Modelmstock!.jpg.f840802985aee1e971d3593b1fe180ed.jpg

There is a fully automatic variant of the original SKS and a redesign known as the aks-53

aks-53.jpg.46dc03269647b6e44dd35acc3f9e4ed7.jpg

* interesting notes on the type 84 is that it has a manual bolt hold open button mounted on top of the charging handle. 

personally I would love to have the ak47 variant SKS's in the game... sks with a drum anyone? Rare Loot!

we must talk

SommerTheViking

it would be awesome if you could use clips that took one cells space for the sks, would make it more viable i think

BARRICADE

i just wish they would not have nerf'd the SKS's point shooting.

It's got some TERRIBLE hipfire now.