Roselvet

Suggestion: Loading mags

Roselvet

Hello all EFT-ers! 

Foreword: I play quite the bit of EFT (lvl 35-55 each reset since I got the game) and It's obviously an amazing game! The new update is rad; haven't intending to check out the new map tomorrow, we'll see how that goes! :)
(Also, I was unsure about where I was supposed to suggest things, so I'll do it here) ;)

Since about two wipes ago I started loading my mags with two or more kinds of ammunition in one single magazine. So for example I would have, in my SASS, 1 (t)racer (most dmg latest patch) followed by 3 (BP), 3(t), 3(BP) etc. This would give me a greater chance to kill a heavily armored player with fewer bullets but at the same time it would not limit my gun since I would do a lot more of damage to soft tissue targets for every 3rd round. 

Suggestion: I would like to suggest to add a function that gives you the option to express a pattern of bullets (1(t), 3(BP), 3(t)) which will then repeat that same pattern (where you want it to start) over and over till the magazine is full so: (1(t), 3(BP), 3(t)  |-|  3(BP), 3(t)  |-|  3(BP), 3(t)  |-|  3(t).. etc.). 

I am thinking of this as an option to have in the character menu (stash) just like the quick reload function exists there but not when you're in game since that would be a major hassle if one would compare it to a real life situation (reloading mags with frequencies accurately while bullets and grenade shrapnel flies around you).  

Please comment what you think!

Maki_Nishikino

Would come in real handy to load your last five or so rounds with tracers to know you're almost out.

Roselvet

Yeh, that is true, and it is used irl as well as I understand it. That could be like a quick "preset" or suggestion of pattern. 
As it is right now, you need to put ammo in separate stacks and individually place and choose amounts for each and every stack; that is a whole lot of clicking I can tell you! ;)

Edited by Roselvet
(grammar)

DanExert

This has been suggested and discussed before and, if memory serves me right, there was talk of an 'ammo stacker' coming with the Hideout. I imagine it would be an extension of the ammunition crafting system.

That said, this was a while ago and it may have just been us hopefuls high on speculation, but I believe this is an idea that is floating around BSG's collective mind :) 

Roselvet

Aha, I C! I assumed there had been, but I looked through a bit of the forum and searched a little and nothing appeared; though, hell, why not see what the situation looks like =) 

I guess it could be good to have a reminder-post too ;) I'm intrigued to see how it'll look ^^