Any word on the closed beta?

Tactux

::: Please read completely before you post, give the same respect that I would give to you ;) :::

It is now October, 17 - 2016 and we are now just two months past the notification from Battle State Games, stating the final wave of closed alpha participants had been granted access. I am well aware of the strict embargo regarding closed alpha information, so I am not asking for any "inside info" from any alpha testers; however I would like to know if the closed alpha is still in progress, and if so when will it might conclude. With that information, I would be able to get an idea of plausible time frames for which the closed beta may fall into. One would assume that if it had ended in September, that either later this month or sometime next month we may see the closed beta; however if the closed alpha has yet to end then knowing the date it may conclude could prove useful, as well as the date it concluded if it has.

"Thanks much" ~ Tactux

Edited by Tactux
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, RainingWeeD said:

we cant talk about the alpha right now but you can see some video of the game like Alpha gameplay 1 , 2 etc :)

@RainingWeeD You should actually read the whole post. It's not about the Alpha footage. You can find enough (Leaked) Alpha footage, if you really want to see it. It's about the Beta. The whole Alpha/Beta thing got shifted  half a year, which can happen in such an early stage of game development. However, the Alpha launched months ago and we heard nothing. The only thing is some statment from GamesCom but even that wasn't confirmed in any way. We can't even be sure that November is the actual set time frame for the open Beta. I don't want to offend the Dev's in any way and I really like, how they put so much effort into the game and especially in the lore, but they need to tell us the thing that is most important now. And that is without any doubt the closed Beta. The game isn't ready for Beta yet? Okay, that's totally fine, but please tell us about it and don't just sit there (Not literally. I know they're working hard right now) and keep quiet. That's not how you should treat your community after waiting months. 

Edited by ewz-Stormy
  • Upvote 1

in gamescom its a real gameplay not a footage bro you can and  pm dev too its he have time to reply they will do it with pleasure  ( the dev here are realy near the community too its realy great ) :) <3

Real gameplay = Gameplay footage. I wasn't talking about scripted stuff or something like that.  And that wasn't even my point. The point is, we got no information. The Alpha is now running for months and we still have no information about the Beta at all. The only thing is that GamesCom Video and they didn't even confirmed that statement after the stream. Maybe he was nervous and just told some random date. Who knows? 

21 minutes ago, ODD said:

Get the tissues for Tactux. Get some soft ones. This one's gonna weep and have a breakdown. Haha but joking aside man up, accept that no one will have sympathy for you, and move on.

I know you already played the Alpha, since you're an EoD owner, but you should try to see it from the perspective of someone who doesn't have the access. There is a clear lack of communication from the Dev's regarding the Beta and the statement in that GamesCom video. Your post just looks like you're trying to defend that behavior from the Dev's, but this is not how you should treat your community after waiting for several months. I know there are some language difficultys but that's not an excuse to release no information at all.

Edited by ewz-Stormy
  • Upvote 2

Hello everyone,

I am certain your question is totally valid and understandable and I want to try to ease everyones mind.  I myself along with all of you have been waiting for this game to get to Alpha and progress from there and it had certain delays that happened and not made any of us happy (I can say the dev's will not be happy when they delay things as well).  The reason you do not get happy about it is obviously because you want to play this game right now and you just crave for it.  I think that is a gamers thing.  So I want to say first that it is all understandable.

In MY opinion the reason I see the dev's not giving you an exact date on closed beta is because they have made estimated times before and when delays did happen the community was not very happy about it.  So they seem to want to give the information when they are 100% certain.  If you guys do remember, tarkovescaper, mentioned this at the time when alpha got delayed.  He mentioned that they apologize and that they will not give dates from then on till they are sure about the exact date.  So I can say this is the approach they are taking.

As everyone in the alpha or not know the alpha is still going and there is updates (from 1 to 2 GB) coming out almost each and every week fixing various bugs, improving perfomance, and unlocking more content of the game (on item side).  The alpha has been all about testing and it is really getting worked on by the alpha testers and the developers so I bet it is progressing good.  As you know the game is under NDA so I can not give you any specific info but they are working on it actively.

As for set days, they have said they will announce the dates when the time is certain and when they are ready to move to the next stage of the game.  We moderators have a section of the forum to communicate with eachother and developers, and one of the mods asked the question on dates and it is the answer I am giving you now.  Which is it will be announced!  As for priority we alpha testers also have something big we are waiting for ourself as well. And beta is one of them.  So I just want to say that even if this answer does not feel the best one and you will be waiting a bit more, I hope you try to understand it and be patient as much as possible.  I bet everyone here wants to get their hands on beta, even myself, so no doubt about that.  But unfortunatley we just got to wait since dates are not given yet and they will be announced when the game is ready to move to the next stage.

Thank you!

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, Natalino said:

Hello everyone,

I am certain your question is totally valid and understandable and I want to try to ease everyones mind.  I myself along with all of you have been waiting for this game to get to Alpha and progress from there and it had certain delays that happened and not made any of us happy (I can say the dev's will not be happy when they delay things as well).  The reason you do not get happy about it is obviously because you want to play this game right now and you just crave for it.  I think that is a gamers thing.  So I want to say first that it is all understandable.

In MY opinion the reason I see the dev's not giving you an exact date on closed beta is because they have made estimated times before and when delays did happen the community was not very happy about it.  So they seem to want to give the information when they are 100% certain.  If you guys do remember, tarkovescaper, mentioned this at the time when alpha got delayed.  He mentioned that they apologize and that they will not give dates from then on till they are sure about the exact date.  So I can say this is the approach they are taking.

As everyone in the alpha or not know the alpha is still going and there is updates (from 1 to 2 GB) coming out almost each and every week fixing various bugs, improving perfomance, and unlocking more content of the game (on item side).  The alpha has been all about testing and it is really getting worked on by the alpha testers and the developers so I bet it is progressing good.  As you know the game is under NDA so I can not give you any specific info but they are working on it actively.

As for set days, they have said they will announce the dates when the time is certain and when they are ready to move to the next stage of the game.  We moderators have a section of the forum to communicate with eachother and developers, and one of the mods asked the question on dates and it is the answer I am giving you now.  Which is it will be announced!  As for priority we alpha testers also have something big we are waiting for ourself as well. And beta is one of them.  So I just want to say that even if this answer does not feel the best one and you will be waiting a bit more, I hope you try to understand it and be patient as much as possible.  I bet everyone here wants to get their hands on beta, even myself, so no doubt about that.  But unfortunatley we just got to wait since dates are not given yet and they will be announced when the game is ready to move to the next stage.

Thank you!

Thank you!  That's what I thought the whole time. I was pretty sure the reason why they didn't said anything was to avoid another disappointment with yet another delay. And that's totally reasonable from my side. But it bothered me a lot, that they've made that statement at GC, without confirming it in any way. They didn't even mention that statement again, since then.  It would be at least nice to know if the closed Beta is still set for this year at the moment. If it's already shifted to the next year, we can chill and just wait for it to launch. It's totally fine that they don't want to tell any exact date, to avoid the disappointment in case of a delay, but that's no reason to just keep quiet completely. (Regarding the Beta of course. I still enjoy the lore stuff)

Edited by ewz-Stormy
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ewz-Stormy said:

Thank you!  That's what I thought the whole time. I was pretty sure the reason why they didn't said anything was to avoid another disappointment with yet another delay. And that's totally reasonable from my side. But it bothered me a lot, that they've made that statement at GC, without confirming it in any way. They didn't even mention that statement again, since then.  It would be at least nice to know if the closed Beta is still set for this year at the moment. If it's already shifted to the next year, we can chill and just wait for it to launch.

I cannot say ignore what they said at GC completely but do not take it as a fact.  If an announcement is not made on this forum here then it is not an announcement.  At least so far.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Natalino said:

Hello everyone,

Thank you!

Thank you, that is not only all of the information that I desired...but more. I am very happy that BattleState has the level of passion for their games that many companies lack, this came apparent the moment I started looking into Escape from Tarkov around this time last year. We need more devs like BattleState Games in the industry, devs that seek perfection in their work; however I also feel that BattleState does need to work a bit more on the PR side of things. If done right, Escape from Tarkov could be the biggest game of not only 2016, but possibly the decade. (At least in the Survival genera) The only thing that I ask is for a little more communication, a weekly dev blog, it doesn't even have to be a video or a long news letter. A forum post just like this one, with just a few paragraphs that describe the progress made in that week. This would be more than adequate to keep the community informed, and happy.

I cannot say I do not care as to when I get to play the game, as if I or anyone said that...well, they would be a liar; however I can say that games are art, In the same way that Vincent Van Gogh or Leonardo Da Vinci would find it unacceptable to put out an unfinished work...one should expect no less of those whom work at BattleState Games. I feel that the AAA gaming industry should take note of this; None the less BSG's only downfall is a mediocre PR system, and if they were to do as stated above, then BSG could become one with the Id Software, and Bethesda's of the world.

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2016 at 4:19 PM, BrandonS101 said:

hopefully by the end of the year

As I said, I cannot say that I do not care when I am able to play this game; however games are art, and in turn I am willing to wait until the devs feel it is ready. Even if it is not before the turn of the year, for me it is not an issue. I mean, how many titles released in the past couple of years where 100% finished, and not buggy? I cannot think of many, so I respect BSG's decision to wait for EFT to be brewed to perfection.

• 2 weeks later...

I will open with this:

At Gamescom they said November for Beta, and here ^^ Nikita says "we are losing no time in bringing the start of the beta-testing closer!" I will assume he means November. I have said before that I do not agree that we need some sort of Dev Blog. We were given Developer Diaries, which not everyone felt was enough, but it showed me that they had a lot going on. Dev Blog is only an opportunity for people to say, "Well you SAID XX 2016" when unforeseen problems occur. Even if they tell us what those problems were, a lot of people still won't be satisfied. BSG'S PR is doing a great job, and with the upcoming Emissary program, they are trying to involve community members as liaison's for the rest of the community which is great, and unheard of in gaming AFAIK. As Natalino stated, we must be patient. We will probably die of heart attacks when we see the new graphics anyway. :bedizzy:

• Upvote 1