ProllyToasty

Backend Issue Fixed (Comcast Users)

ProllyToasty

I am assuming a lot of us got this issue. I personally did as well and it was denying me access to play the game without running a VPN.

Well if you have Comcast ISP, like I do, then you might have the problem as well!

I managed to figured out a solution, with a little bit of help:

Well it is nearing the end of the month, so a lot of us may be near the Comcast Data Usage caps. I am sure many of you are familiar with the Data Usage Popups that tell you how close you are to your data cap and a fee.

Well that popup right there is the root of this issue, at least it was for me. If you don't check your comcast email to see their data usage warnings often enough, the popup starts popping right in. Well see, comcast injects this popup into the traffic stream. If you have a popup blocker running on your browser of choice, it will also block this popup from comcast. That is great and all, but, and correct me if I am wrong, Tarkov uses HTTP to establish a connection. If you are blocking this popup, it will keep trying, thus messing with Tarkov and resulting in this error. So I did a bit of research, fumbling around, and talking with a friend in a computer related field and we came up with a solution.

Here is a detailed explanation on exactly how to solve the problem, the way it worked for me:

1. Log into your Comcast email, and either delete or mark all the emails as read.

2. Disable your popup blocker on your browser of choice. (ONLY for the duration of this fix, then re-enable)

3. Navigate to a bunch of HTTP:// sites, not HTTPS://

4. Once the popup shows itself, accept, close, or whatever is required to acknowledge it.

5. Turn your popup blocker back on.

6. Attempt to launch Tarkov again and see if it works.

7. Please post here and let me know if the fix worked for you or not, maybe there is more that needs to be done for some cases.

Special Thanks to Cipherphox

EscapeFromTarkov_2018-04-24_10-44-17.png

Edited by ProllyBaked
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Plague_Bacon

Well hot damn this actually fixed the problem, thanks for this!

TheJewishPimp69

That is how I have had to fix it. I pull up xfinity sites over and over until it pops up. Id suggest that since most http:// have converted to https://. But pulling up their sites works after a few attempts. I went between the xfinity speed test and their main site. 

Edited by TheJewishPimp69

asaekan

well I was trying a fresh install at the time of doing these steps so, once I install and login, I"ll respond here with an update. great work and thanks a ton for this.

solovolk

Thanks so much, fixed my issue right away. Opened internet Explorer which did not have an adblocker and the comcast popup came up right away game worked fine after.

8mob8

what a flaming hoop u guys gotta jump thro...glad ya made it!

ProllyToasty

Can confirm that this is still an issue, recently came back to the game after the newest patch and just had the same issue arise. Solution still works though :D

ProllyToasty

Also if a moderator or someone could move this to technical support or wherever it belongs I would greatly aprpeciate it!

A list of HTTP:// sites to get the pop up to pop: http://scratchpads.eu/explore/sites-list

Edited by ProllyBaked

June117

Thx for this, I was stumped on what to do. Worked 100%

MJ_GodOfGame

Even after all these months this happened to me and your solution fixed it, thanks!

Reimerhaus

This fixed the issue for me. Thank you.

RushnBorsh

Keep in mind that some other ISP's might be injecting data cap warning messages and/or ads into http(s) traffic, so it's not just Comcast related. Anyway, it's great to hear that this solved the issue for many Comcast users.

Vesente

Thank you very much! I myself would never have thought of this!