Teamkillgreg

Killing woods scavs for Parpor

Teamkillgreg

Most importantly, I am still terrible in general, but I am finding this to be inordinately difficult. Not because scavs are hard,  but because players kill me before they spawn. 

Ive tried saw mill, to no avail I’m killed by players. I’ve tried ambush, same result. Any tips?

I know myself too well to know I can’t wait 10 mins in a bush before going after the second wave of scavs and hoping players have thinned the herd. How have you guys done this quest?

I’m on hour 4 with only 5 scavs killed....

LordBeerus

Im on this task too, currently doing it at night - get more scav kills this way, until their aimbot activates and a saiga scav snipes me from the other side of the saw mill in one shot 

im up to 11/14, so maybe 3 or 4 more pistol runs and i'll complete the task 

Id suggest going in with a makarov, and 1 extra mag, a cheese medkit and some bullets, try kill the scavs by the small mountain first, take their weapon and then go to saw mill 

ynnus86

Actually this is one easy mission, to be honest. Only harder missions are upcoming after that, for example killing scavs with hard time limit, or surviving customs with bringing a question item to factory. Or killing 10 usecs at shoreline. I suggest you use the quest to learn and get better and train for the upcoming quests. Don't rush, at least there is no time limit. So maybe do some custom runs in between to mix things up and don't get too frustrated. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Teamkillgreg

I’m not frustrated. Loving every minute. Just wondering if I’m going about it in a dumb way. 

Zardoz13
On 4/24/2018 at 5:14 PM, ynnus86 said:

Actually this is one easy mission, to be honest. Only harder missions are upcoming after that, for example killing scavs with hard time limit, or surviving customs with bringing a question item to factory. Or killing 10 usecs at shoreline. I suggest you use the quest to learn and get better and train for the upcoming quests. Don't rush, at least there is no time limit. So maybe do some custom runs in between to mix things up and don't get too frustrated. Good luck.

You're correct, the quest isn't difficult, But the complaint wasn't about quest difficulty, it's about the ridiculous spawn fights and the ~2 minute delay before scavs spawn on the map. Iirc, Nikita said they were looking at how to balance spawn zones on the last 'Talking Tarkov' podcast.

On 4/24/2018 at 6:14 PM, Teamkillgreg said:

I’m not frustrated. Loving every minute. Just wondering if I’m going about it in a dumb way. 

The best thing to do would be learn the map well enough to know where all the other players are spawning. Then you can figure out an escape route from the spawn zones and go about your business. You can try taking a map so you can choose a preferred spawn.

Last time I did it, I just holed up in the scav house on the east end. Scavs seems to spawn endlessly there, just make sure you bring enough meds/bullets.

Erik_Jager

God I hate the game's quests. They feel so unnatural and tiresome. Go to X map kill Y amount of Z enemies in A hours. Go to X map find Y amount of Z rare things and return them. Go to X map that requires Y rare key to find Z thing and return it. 

They're all boring, grinding, tiresome quests that serve to purpose other than slowing you down. All this available lore and what we get are a bunch of MMO-tier quests that are based on complete RNG rather than skill. And the worst part is, you gotta repeat them every wipe over and over and over again. Christ. 

aetherr

pretty difficult to do this what with scav being able to head shot flawlessly now and there being a 50% chance another pmc will spawn on top of you and you will die at raid start, this is not fun it wasn't fun last wipe it is even less so now, i can only stomach 2 raids of wood with a p226 before i need to take a break it is that bad

Edited by aetherr

AdhesiveTeflon

Pull up the map on a second monitor or on your phone, do it at night, and turn the brightness on your monitor up.

Goosefeet

Like people said there's no time limit and no reset coming up soon so I wouldn't sweat it.

Atleast you didn't accidentally go in as scav and think you've gotten half the kills in one raid like me :scsurp: .
Personally I'm going in, trying the mountain area and moving in as @LordBeerus said and its working a treat, get some decent paying loot aswell.

Goosefeet
31 minutes ago, Goosefeet said:

Like people said there's no time limit and no reset coming up soon so I wouldn't sweat it.

Atleast you didn't accidentally go in as scav and think you've gotten half the kills in one raid like me :scsurp: .
Personally I'm going in, trying the mountain area and moving in as @LordBeerus said and its working a treat, get some decent paying loot aswell.

That being said all I seem to be able to do on woods today is get sniped from bushes... Goddamn woods -.-

TheHappyMile

Killing scav's are the easiest mission as soon as you know where they spawn and where you can "farm" them. try not to spawn "house" - it's a CQB killhouse (bad joke, i know ^^) - as long as you do not know all playerspawns and an escape-route (or you are going in full-geard and want to get 5 PMC's befor starting scav-slaughter)

Edited by TheHappyMile

KillerOyster
On 5/1/2018 at 3:08 AM, Erik_Jager said:

God I hate the game's quests. They feel so unnatural and tiresome. Go to X map kill Y amount of Z enemies in A hours. Go to X map find Y amount of Z rare things and return them. Go to X map that requires Y rare key to find Z thing and return it. 

They're all boring, grinding, tiresome quests that serve to purpose other than slowing you down. All this available lore and what we get are a bunch of MMO-tier quests that are based on complete RNG rather than skill. And the worst part is, you gotta repeat them every wipe over and over and over again. Christ. 

Don't know , to me it servers purpose and it helps me with grinding levels and gears

KillerOyster
On 5/1/2018 at 3:12 AM, aetherr said:

pretty difficult to do this what with scav being able to head shot flawlessly now and there being a 50% chance another pmc will spawn on top of you and you will die at raid start, this is not fun it wasn't fun last wipe it is even less so now, i can only stomach 2 raids of wood with a p226 before i need to take a break it is that bad

Flawless headshot is kind of an overstatement to me , they sometimes have aim so potato they couldn't even hit you point blank

KillerOyster
On 4/25/2018 at 5:34 AM, Teamkillgreg said:

Most importantly, I am still terrible in general, but I am finding this to be inordinately difficult. Not because scavs are hard,  but because players kill me before they spawn. 

Ive tried saw mill, to no avail I’m killed by players. I’ve tried ambush, same result. Any tips?

I know myself too well to know I can’t wait 10 mins in a bush before going after the second wave of scavs and hoping players have thinned the herd. How have you guys done this quest?

I’m on hour 4 with only 5 scavs killed....

Dude , grab an AKS-74U with a mag or two in for a few raid and you should be fine , instead of waiting for the PMCs to thin the herd for 10 minutes or so to wait for the second wave of Scavs just run around and look for them instead , it's easier like that for me at least 

nzumii

hm.. 

It only took about 45 minutes and 2 runs. 

you need to wait a lot. unil enough scavs are spawned. i would try to take an sks with 4x and shoot some scavs in the lumber mill and near the mountain. 

Good Luck :)