5.45x39 is way too unreliable and just downright horrible sometimes

-SolidSnake-

Ok, I'm going to try to keep this short (didn't seem to happen, oh well). This post is coming mainly from the rage of the previous raid I was in, so let me explain what happened.

I join a raid on interchange bringing with me a Paca, WTrig, Mbss and an AKS-74N and about 120-180 rounds of ammo (5.45x39 Tracer or PRS I can't remember) plus some assorted meds. I spawn outside "IDEA" and run inside and up the escalator. I hear footsteps and can't quite make out where they are coming from so I move towards some cover to the left of the escalator. I see two hatchlings sprint up the stairs and head right, shooting one in the back twice and missing a few shots as they run between cover. Both end up fleeing into the office area to the right of the escalator where the double bathrooms are.

I see one immediately poking his head from behind the double doors with the circular windows and shoot him in the head and move into the dead end room he was in which is a stairwell that is blocked off. Take his tags, and hear the other guy run out from the bathroom and towards the exit, and he is lit up by two players who are now waiting outside. They now move into the office/hall area and do not see me watching them from the window I killed the first guy in. I shoot one of them once and he desyncs across the room behind some boxes. They now know where I am so I fall back to the staircase which is full of garbage bags and other trash and take up a position covering the only entrance. They start to move in on me. 

Now at this point I have fired around 5-10 rounds (and know that exactly 4 shots have counted as hits. This is important.) and make the choice not to reload as to not give away my position in the room as they do not know I am on the stairs yet. They open both doors, and the left door acts as cover for them. One walks straight into the room too far to my left and the staircase obscures him and he cannot see me yet. Now, my gun is on full auto so i have to make my remaining ~20 shots count as there are two of them. So at this moment I have my irons on his center mass and I open fire straight at him... and keep firing... and keep firing... and run dry. halfway through my mag he returns fire and his me about 2-3 times I would guess. I try to fall back into the corner to get some cover to attempt to reload and he just walks up the stairs firing non stop until I am dead.

Before I died however, i was able to see what he had for gear which was a PACA, Blackrock, the new camo covered helmet (cant remember the name) and an ak of some kind, most likely 5.45x39 as it was full auto and most people I have encountered at this stage of the new update have not had a single AKM, oh and the fact that I ate about 5 shots before dying. 

Now that I am dead I check my hit count because was utterly stunned I didn't kill him and see ((((12)))) hits... 4 of which were prior to my death, leaving 8 hit that were on him(or 9 if he had been the same guy I had  shot before rushing me).

How on earth is this reasonable? 8 shots from a full length assault rifle firing 5.45 and he doesn't go down? I've played EFT quite a lot and this isn't the first time this kind of crap has happened. Maybe I'm just unlucky since the game seems to revolve around damage RNG with occasional instant death from loss of limb or body part (which I don't agree with at all, I've died plenty of times instantly from being shot in the leg or arm once or twice.. makes no sense at ALL) But the point im trying to make is that while 7.62 to the chest will 1-3 shot almost everyone, and 5.56 usually killing in 1-4 to the chest, 5.45 seems to be around 3-6..7..8..9+? and as far as I know... 5.45 goes straight through Pacas no questions asked. Oh and as an added bonus to this on factory the other day I brought an AKS-74U and a paca and was up near the office rooms on the 3rd floor and shot a scav a handful of times, didn't die and 1 shot me with a grach or p226. Where did the shot land you might ask? Probably the head with the way the scavs are now but ohhhh nooo... 

Chest.

While wearing a Paca.

So 5.45 has the stopping power of a .22 apparently and standard scav 9mm is armor piercing .500 magnum or something 

Personally I think a lot of this comes down to fundamental flaws with the health system that just don't translate to "realism" in the sense of actually being realistic. Its a kind of pseudo realism that sounds good on paper and can work sometimes, but not all the time. I just don't know anymore.

Well if you read this far what do you think? is 8+ shots to the torso/ possibly arms without healing all in about 2 seconds reasonable? Because I don't. 

A couple of things here, you're downplaying the round but then stating you were killed by that same round? I personally cannot wait until the higher level traders so I can get more options on 5.45 but to me it's one of the best ammo types in the game.

For one, the 74N platform is ridiculously cheap and you can get very close to M4 recoil/damage with modding it for way less price wise. I have noticed some strange one - two shot deaths but I'm currently chalking that up to desync.

I do completely agree with you with the RNG shooting it feels sometimes like I'm getting the one up in a duel, land 3 shots or so before they can even flinch and then turn around and somehow I end up losing the duel. I still need to play more with 5.45, I used BT rounds A LOT last patch so I will compare and see if I notice any crazy inconsistencies.

That is clearly server issues, it has nothing to do with the weapon and the ammunition. PRS rounds are weak, but even the weakest round against body armor won't take more than 7 hits to penetrate and kill. I only run AK74s and never had issue with damage/pen. 

The game has minimal RNG and even in the worst of days it won't change how many rounds you need to kill someone. You also claim that it took many shots to kill a scav, which further proves that the problems you're experiencing are related to the netcode and not the weapons themselves. 

desync was probably the culprit. I dumped an entire mag (30rnd) into a fellow the other day, without him moving and all into his chest from spitting distance, all hits. when the mag finally ran dry, he went down yelling. my buddy may have nailed him a few times as well with his p226 (9mm) because he was actively fighting him, instead of me. hope they can keep improving, love this game.

8 hours ago, Xenomorph0352 said:

A couple of things here, you're downplaying the round but then stating you were killed by that same round? I personally cannot wait until the higher level traders so I can get more options on 5.45 but to me it's one of the best ammo types in the game.

For one, the 74N platform is ridiculously cheap and you can get very close to M4 recoil/damage with modding it for way less price wise. I have noticed some strange one - two shot deaths but I'm currently chalking that up to desync.

I do completely agree with you with the RNG shooting it feels sometimes like I'm getting the one up in a duel, land 3 shots or so before they can even flinch and then turn around and somehow I end up losing the duel. I still need to play more with 5.45, I used BT rounds A LOT last patch so I will compare and see if I notice any crazy inconsistencies.

one thing that I want to point out that I may have forgotten to state was that when he pushed me on the stairs he was just absolutely unloading into me. It had to have taken him at least 6 shots to kill me. Had I been able to have a full mag in my gun when he was pushing me I would have had plenty of time to put even more rounds into him.

Why I bring this up is that 5.45 while good sometimes, seems to just randomly under perform and take bucket loads of rounds to kill with. Sometimes 2-3 to kill. Sometimes 8 I guess. Now maybe I'm wrong here but I have a feeling that AI Scavs do not have the  same amount of health of a PMC or player scav. The reason I say this is because I had a similar situation on factory where I had been in the raid for about 12 minutes so all the new scavs had spawned and were pushing me like crazy so I got backed up into a corner in the shower in the locker room and was dropping all the  AI scavs with only a couple of shots each. But then, a play scav walks up and shoots a AI scav in the back of the head right in front of me and just runs straight at me. I put at least 5 rounds into him and he just kept coming. Eventually he died after like 2/3 of the mag had been fired at him and he put about 3-4 shots into me.

Personally, If this is the case, I would prefer that players be reduced with the amount of health they have because eating 5+ rifle rounds and being able to walk just seems a bit "off" to put it mildly.

I think 2-4 shots to kill is reasonable for a game trying to be realistic with its portrayal of combat and healing wounds (at least to some degree), However instead of just making it essentially a "deplete the health to cause death" it should be based off of how much damage had been done to areas of the body. Maybe have a "Down but not out" mode where if you get shot in the torso a few times you get knocked down in a state where you can still fire your weapon after you regain composure if that makes sense, and give yourself a more realistic way to fight back and if you manage to survive then be able to use meds to recover and be able to stand again. 

I think this would add a certain degree of visceral-ness  to the combat (example of sort of what  I mean here Skip to 0:55)

2 hours ago, herki said:

Had had this feeling even with .308 the last patch. Sometimes its 2 to put an enemy down, sometimes its 4+X.

Damagesystem is just broken across the board....

glad im not the only one who feels this way

If you are getting lag spikes while shooting it will make you FAR less likely to get the kill because you can only fire as fast as your fps and if your cpu is dragging down when the firing and dynamic lighting starts you are going to lose most fire fights. PRS ammo is about the worst 5.45x39 and it should easily take down paca. 

Right, just played a raid on factory. Killed a guy in 3 shots using Ak-74n. Start heading over towards the office area from the exit gate side and start taking fire. look up theres a bear with NO GEAR just an ak standing on the "bridge" area looking over the side. I fire full auto directly at him but he somehow out shot me. Looking at raid statistics:

hit count: 11

damage dealt: 660

PMCs killed: 1

AGAIN. Why is this happening? right before I died I actually stopped firing for a split second, kind of a muscle memory reflex of learning about how many shots it takes in a shooter game to kill someone. It wasn't desync. He ate 8 shots, didn't die and killed me. whats worse is i actually brought body armor and gear (not that it matters, pacas dont stop 5.45) but it is absolutely absurd that he could survive that. Not to mention, I was using HOLLOW POINT ROUNDS. Not that it should really make a difference, a 5.45 is a 5.45 its still going to hurt like hell and make a decent sized hole in you.

Edited by -SolidSnake-

4 hours ago, -SolidSnake- said:

Right, just played a raid on factory. Killed a guy in 3 shots using Ak-74n. Start heading over towards the office area from the exit gate side and start taking fire. look up theres a bear with NO GEAR just an ak standing on the "bridge" area looking over the side. I fire full auto directly at him but he somehow out shot me. Looking at raid statistics:

hit count: 11

damage dealt: 660

PMCs killed: 1

AGAIN. Why is this happening? right before I died I actually stopped firing for a split second, kind of a muscle memory reflex of learning about how many shots it takes in a shooter game to kill someone. It wasn't desync. He ate 8 shots, didn't die and killed me. whats worse is i actually brought body armor and gear (not that it matters, pacas dont stop 5.45) but it is absolutely absurd that he could survive that. Not to mention, I was using HOLLOW POINT ROUNDS. Not that it should really make a difference, a 5.45 is a 5.45 its still going to hurt like hell and make a decent sized hole in you.

Type of round does matter, use PRS, best for PACA/NON-Armored. Good luck out there.

49 minutes ago, Xenomorph0352 said:

Type of round does matter, use PRS, best for PACA/NON-Armored. Good luck out there.

I agree. Use PRS that way I can tank a whole mag and kill you afterwards

• Hot 1