NERF THAT HATCHET!

Vaskeklud

Come on.. i  have now tryed serval times where i have Armor + helmet to get one shottet by a stupid Hatchet! Its keeps happening.!

Its way to overpowered..

And ive also just died to a hatchet, i shoot him with a shotgun and he "stops" for half a sec, while it loads next round as they do.. he then sprint again and hit me on 4m distance!? cause of the sprint/lag/bug whatever it is..

Fix this already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erik_Jager

With the ridiculous superhuman sprinting speeds that are probably well over 35km/h and with the absolutely zero risk of going with just a hatchet, plus the netcode, hatchlings are indeed a huge problem. 

The best solution would be to decrease sprinting speed to a more realistic level, make rare loot incompatible with the secure containers (Just like you can't have keys, ammo, guns, etc in your docs/wallet),  and implement a system that punishes people for dying over and over (which a system like that is confirmed. You will need to treat your wounds in your base or else you will have severe consequences relating to health)

That's all we need to make hatchet runs practically worthless, just like they should be. Game designer himself- Nikita said that they never intended for hatchet runs to be viable. It was something that went under their nose and wasn't meant to be a thing. 

it isn't the hatchet, people.

any melee will one shot you in the face. literally any of them. doesn't need to be a hatchet. and yes, your face is revealed and you can still take one hit while fully armored (except the face).

if you die to a hatchling, hes better than you and he deserves your gear. if you're whining about the sprint speed etc, that isn't a hatchet or hatchling issue, thats a how-you-can-max-strength-in-an-afternoon issue. if you're whining about the lag or desync or netcode or hitreg, that isn't a hatchet or hatchling issue, thats a still-closed-beta-worth-netcode-that-is-constantly-being-fixed issue.

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 2

If you lose to hatchlings while wearing armor and a helmet, the problem isn't the hatchet, It's between the chair and the keyboard.

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Cold 3
KentuckyFriedSpy

It happens to the best of us as well, you'll just have to get used to it for now until changes roll out to combat hatchlings.

THE_BANDIT

If it's because of desync then that's unfortunately a problem with the current state of the netcode admittedly it's less of a problem this patch if not then gg but keep in mind that buttstroking and pistol-whipping hasn't been added yet when it is people will be able to defend themselves better when they get close.   

luftkorps

A post apocalipse game where you neede to scav to survive and people just run naked not caring get killed a thousands times. Sounds legit, People go naked to get killed thousands times just to maybe get a sweet loot once. And why!? Because it worth it. You have ZERO risk, but you can hit the jackpot to kill a fully geared, after all, this poo kills with one hit, even with helmet on.

A simple way to fix this is fix this bug that makes the melee weapon reapears magicaly on you evertime you die.

Yes, its a bug or it should be at least. We already have the scavs every 30mins to noobs get gears. No point in give this zero risk weapon to retards kills the spirit of the game.

Im out of this poo. So many hackers and so many hatches nakeds.

When you allow this OP poo go in game without loosing anything (it magicaly reapears on your pocket

Its even worst when you can kill a guys 10ft from you because this shitty netcode.

This was enough for me. I came back after a year to see if this game was better, and no, still a poo.

Im not wasting my time anymore.

LunaTerra
43 minutes ago, luftkorps said:

A post apocalipse game where you neede to scav to survive and people just run naked not caring get killed a thousands times. Sounds legit, People go naked to get killed thousands times just to maybe get a sweet loot once. And why!? Because it worth it. You have ZERO risk, but you can hit the jackpot to kill a fully geared, after all, this poo kills with one hit, even with helmet on.

It's a video game where you can carry the largest backpack ever full of pineapple juice to build muscles and increase your metabolism while downing the pineapple juice as you sprint break neck around in a military dead zone. 

This is a video game first and foremost, and I'm totally cool with people playing how they want, melee only runners included. People get hung up on the 'realism' of this game when it comes to things they don't like in general. 

It's meant to be fun, and if they have fun hatchet running then let them have fun. You have the gun, shoot them. If you can't shoot them, and they manage to close the distance and smash a hatchet in your face, they deserve the gear. 

Dunteon

if you miss them while they are running to you imagine what they could do with an AK or shotgun, they would instakill you with lead, how unrealistic

Desperados-

Melee is a part of the game BUT

Few days ago just after the patch, i ran into a knife guy on the old gas station he came at me so i tried to shoot him. The guy lags and gets teleported a few steps back so i missed my shot. I ran inside the gas station to take cover, i saw him passing the window several times but i was unable to hit him because of the lag. I saw him coming in the doorstep so i started shooting like a maniac 2 seconds later i was dead on the floor and the guy was still in the doorstep while i was on the other side of the room behind a table. 

Personally i don't really mind about melee players, i use it myself when completing tasks mostly but i see how frustrating it can be getting killed by a knife because of lag in one shot. But there is also another side on this, if someone wears a open helmet in real life you would be able to smash that hatchet right between his eyes so it shouldn't stop anyone from playing the game. I mean c'mon guys, have you ever played a more realistic shooter? 

2 hours ago, luftkorps said:

A simple way to fix this is fix this bug that makes the melee weapon reapears magicaly on you evertime you die.

Yes, its a bug or it should be at least. We already have the scavs every 30mins to noobs get gears. No point in give this zero risk weapon to retards kills the spirit of the game.

Im out of this poo. So many hackers and so many hatches nakeds.

When you allow this OP poo go in game without loosing anything (it magicaly reapears on your pocket

Its even worst when you can kill a guys 10ft from you because this shitty netcode.

This was enough for me. I came back after a year to see if this game was better, and no, still a poo.

Im not wasting my time anymore.

Holy hell you need a massive dose of "learn to play" stat.

bookcoda
On 4/25/2018 at 6:47 AM, JJamie said:

it isn't the hatchet, people.

any melee will one shot you in the face. literally any of them. doesn't need to be a hatchet. and yes, your face is revealed and you can still take one hit while fully armored (except the face).

if you die to a hatchling, hes better than you and he deserves your gear. if you're whining about the sprint speed etc, that isn't a hatchet or hatchling issue, thats a how-you-can-max-strength-in-an-afternoon issue. if you're whining about the lag or desync or netcode or hitreg, that isn't a hatchet or hatchling issue, thats a still-closed-beta-worth-netcode-that-is-constantly-being-fixed issue.

Id agree most of the time but sometimes you just get really bad desync where hatchling warp around.

24 minutes ago, bookcoda said:

Id agree most of the time but sometimes you just get really bad desync where hatchling warp around.

again that isn't a hatchet or hatchling issue, thats a desync issue. you would died even faster if he had a gun. outcome remains the same, you died when you probably shouldn't have. why is it more of a problem if hes holding a hatchet?

• Like 1

The fact that you can't swing while running should be enough of a nerf - I can't actually kill anyone with a hatchet because I'm so bad at timing when to stop running and normally people just walk back and pepper me with lead. Sorry but when everything is working as it should the melee aspect is fine. 

I think it's a little unfair of people to think they are above the hatchet! 

NO ONE IS ABOVE THE HATCHET!!!!!

As a profession there isn't much money in being a hatchet-man so they NEED your gear to sell and sustain their families and keep themselves going another day.