batarn

Scavs too accurate?

batarn

Hey guys! How are you all doing? Ever since the new patch, scavs have seemingly grown a bit more...Unintelligent. But ever since then, the instant I see scavs, they insta headshot me if they notice me. I was on a hatchet run on customs and I was running up ontop of the bridge at Old gas station, before I could even see the scavs, they saw me and tapped my head. I'm writing this after just getting done on a factory run, being on the rafters, shooting down a BEAR on the secondstory stairs, and then a SCAV follows him out, instantly turns to me, and 1 taps me in the face even though I have a helmet on. 

I know what some people are going to say "if you die, it's your fault". Look, I've had many bad raids because I was being stupid or greedy, I can criticize myself and become better. But there is no getting 'better' when SCAVS can just insta turn and insta tap you in the face like this. 

Thanks guys for reading, share your experiences down below if you've had similiar issues!

• Cold 1
  • Upvote 1

LunaTerra

Last patch: I hatchling run into Scavs, they either shoot me instantly dead or I get the lucky kill. 

This patch: I hatchling run into Scavs, they either shoot me instantly dead or I get the lucky kill.

Fhursten

I completely agree, they are too accurate and their spider senses need adjustment

DREADDMAN

About 80% of my scav-caused deaths since 3.0 release have been one shot takedowns.  Or at least from what I see and hear on my end.  This was not the case just prior to 3.0.

I mentioned this on another thread, but thought it worth reposting.

Edited by DREADDMAN

TheColdVein

#Locked. Reason: The game is still in development, and this topic has been discussed numerous times (see rule #3) As for the bridge story, you are silhouetted against the sky on the bridge, they DO see you in the way that we see you--and they hear you also. Don't forget, this game has the RPG elements as well--there is a chance for headshot etc but it depends on what YOU do. Do you take cover and heal? Or do you just stand there and believe that you can take them on? You can sneak up on scavs the majority of the time and even trick them--but you have to learn their behaviors. Lots of balancing still to come as well.

• Like 1

batarn

I have looked at Rule #3 and I have not seen this topic currently being discussed. I understand the game is in development, hence why I am making this forum post to help report about the issue. On the bridge story, I walked up on it and peeked for a second without them being alerted and then they saw me, then one tapped me to the face instantly. It happened again on factory when I was on the top levels of factory being prone, scav saw me and instantly one tapped me in the face even though I had my helmet. That's been happening a lot recently. I've played this game ever since it came into beta and have put a ton of hours into it. 

I'm not trying to spread hate or say anything bad towards the game or it's developers, I as much as anyone on these forums want to see the game flourish. 

Edited by batarn
Added more to the message

Chaos_Theorist

Hello!  

I am Scav.

I tell people that I am just simple local looter.  A man who likes to drink and occasionally shoot guns.  

This is lie.

I am actually highly trained, genetically engineered super soldier from future.  I can see in dark.  See through solid objects.  I have no need to heal or reload bullets into my magazines.  Even if a fully armored and heavily armed man rushes me from round corner--even if I am taken by surprise--I will not flinch.  Even if I am armed with only a simple Makarov or TOZ, and we are separated by 50 feet of bushes, and darkness, and rain; I will not miss.   

I am Scav.

(P.S.:   Please ignore simple Scavs that are liking to walk into walls, we are, how you say, "equal opportunity employer" in future.)

Edited by Chaos_Theorist
  • Like 2

Tribang

I like how most people don't even consider that scavs can hear and see you. If they don't know you are there you won't get headshotted. If you're not wearing armor and helmet most weapons can 1 shot you even pistols. 

Chaos_Theorist
9 hours ago, Tribang said:

I like how most people don't even consider that scavs can hear and see you. If they don't know you are there you won't get headshotted. If you're not wearing armor and helmet most weapons can 1 shot you even pistols. 

Can still one shot you even with a T3 helmet if you don't have a visor.