Castlers

Game is Bad

Castlers

I hope you stumble upon this before buying... This game is a walking simulator, its boring AF its def not worth paying for wait till it comes out and then maybe wait a year after.. They say its in Beta its maybe in alpha. Idk how you can release such hot garbage to the public.. BUYER BEWARE

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Shootemup899

Guessing you played for what 30 minutes or something and died and never played again. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

RainmakerM4

This guy either he is:
a) ignorant as all hell
b) has way bellow average IQ
c) 10 year old child playing mature game without parents permission
or d) he really wants EFT not to succeed for whatever wicked (non) reason.

• Like 2
  • Cold 1
  • Upvote 1

Boniuszy

But walking with your squad, watching some nice landscapes and chatting is best thing in this game.

• Hot 1

JustPette

I played around 2 hours and sorry but I have to admit the game IS really bad.

Starved within 5 minutes despite eating and drinking.

Bought poo I can't put on my gun even though I checked compatibilities.

The UI is really bad.

Shot someone down but ended being suppressed by a player with silenced rifle somewhere while I just had the basic gun.

I still dunno how to retrieve the poo I insured.

Ran out of money after not so many games, can't even buy bandages or healing stuff.

At this point this game is prolly not made for me but I highly hate it for being that bad.

I played around 2 hours and sorry but I have to admit the game IS really bad.

Starved within 5 minutes despite eating and drinking.

Bought poo I can't put on my gun even though I checked compatibilities.

The UI is really bad.

Shot someone down but ended being suppressed by a player with silenced rifle somewhere while I just had the basic gun.

I still dunno how to retrieve the poo I insured.

Ran out of money after not so many games, can't even buy bandages or healing stuff.

At this point this game is prolly not made for me but I highly hate it for being that bad.

• Hot 1

GhostZ69

I agree with some of what you have said.  Some I do not.  If you WANT to try to like it, read some of the new player guides here.

MarcosArls

@JustPette have u ever heard about program called Sherpa my friend ? :)  you can find your sherpa for your language even for your country...who will teach u basics of the game how to make money how to do a quests and how to enjoy a game ;) 

sYs

so... the game doesn't hold your hands so it's a bad game?

Zi8od3r

Having a major deja vu, right now, all with sYs's comment, the hell...

No, the game is not bad, it's just not finished yet. Come back after they add some realistic movement of the characters, and tweak other stuff, such as hitreg, desync, etc. then you'll love it, if you like hardcore, realistic shooter. Right now, it's just a test drive for hardcore shooter, be prepared! And if you ever run out of money, just call up that buddy scav of yours, and you are all set. 

Darioo

I'm quite aware that this game involves a lot of walking, still there's much more to it than that.

JustPette
On 11/22/2019 at 3:07 AM, sYs said:

so... the game doesn't hold your hands so it's a bad game?

There's a gap between not holding your hands and not giving you the proper tools to begin with.

I'd rather have troubles starting up because I suck rather than because EVERY OF MY OPPONENT have reflex sights with automatics guns and armor and helmets while I can't have poo. I need to wait 20 minutes between each scav raid and much more between each naked run.

Keep your passive aggressive tone, this game isn't the best. It's cool, but it's still poor for the said above reasons. Totally not user friendly and I am not spending hours to upkeep a proper loadout especially when insurances barely protect your poo since someone even looted my starting gear.

Literally starting the round with a pistol and no armor and facing heavily armored people with automated guns with sights at less than 20 seconds of the game starting as a PMC. No, this game is poo.

Edited by JustPette
  • Like 1

Dubz

I came back to the game after i think a year or so. Last time i played was before they had traders. I came across i think a rock paper shotgun review that summed it up pretty well, devs should look at that critical review he's actually got some good points. Game would have been a lot better if they just put the solo que in from the beginning, i don't know what the grand plan is but in the current state its just stupidly boring and an exercise in self torture most of the time for solo players. Always has been. I've even been successful, not recently but back when i played a lot.

The pvp and stuff would be fun if it were anything other than a make the group stomping people feel good game. Don't get me wrong the feeling of taking out a squad solo is awesome but it usually doesn't happen. I think as the player base died the people who wanted to try to have fun all left, for the most part all the squads seem to be super sweaty they will camp for 40 mins to get a kill or make sure you cant loot the one or two you got, normal people don't have that much time to waste (personally i work 50 hours or more a week). And you get people who are checking it out for the first time and coming back to check it out like me... and it still feels exactly the same, just more items in the game whatever thats worth.

I quit because it was just frustrating as a game, not a challenge but tedious and unfortunately i'm not even just talking about the missions to level up traders, im talking about actual gameplay and raids. I'm responding not to be negative although it is, but to give my feedback. I doubt the devs are listening to this stuff especially at this point. But i thought the game had great potential which is why i bought the eod edition awhile back. The pvp and looting/progression is addicting, unfortunately the way it plays out is very unsatisfying most of the time.

I don't know if the core of the game is just flawed or if it can be fixed, i do know that if you were so bullheaded as to not implement a solo que at least for the short term while you finished the game and got it to a point where this model made some sort of sense, you should have had a group chat implemented and some penalties involved for killing players you were grouped with from the beginning. Then at least people would feel like they had some options, a big frustration of mine from the start was the way the game alienated so many players. I overcame it had tons of decked out weapons cash etc, back when i played alot. But the game just felt hollow playing solo. I know brutal blah blah blah, but its not even that. The setup occasionally (maybe more than occasionally, honestly I don't know if i ever lost any gear when i teamed up with the guys i play dayz with, even when i died they either got it back to me or hid it) just makes it easy mode for squads, especially bigger ones who play all the time and have callouts. Like its not even a contest. I quit playing way back when because the game either felt too easy or like the odds were way too stacked against me there weren't a ton of super competitive moments in hindsight, It still feels the same. 

They have done some good things, I remember when customs was like a glorified cod map. They widened that out alot and now it seems from my limited playtime recently that you might have some room to work with and not just feel like you're running through choke points all day. But its been a long time, you could still have had a hardcore "realistic" shooter looter thingamajig without some of the drawbacks and limitations that you've put on yourselves here. I think a lot of people felt like the solo que or matchmaking of some sort would have ruined the game devs apparently included. I really don't, i think everyone would benefit from a larger player base. It might be too late for voip to save the game, I don't know if you've got enough players out there looking to team up in game anymore. but that needs to be a rush.

Edited by Dubz
unnecessary

sYs
11 hours ago, JustPette said:

There's a gap between not holding your hands and not giving you the proper tools to begin with.

I'd rather have troubles starting up because I suck rather than because EVERY OF MY OPPONENT have reflex sights with automatics guns and armor and helmets while I can't have poo. I need to wait 20 minutes between each scav raid and much more between each naked run.

Keep your passive aggressive tone, this game isn't the best. It's cool, but it's still poor for the said above reasons. Totally not user friendly and I am not spending hours to upkeep a proper loadout especially when insurances barely protect your poo since someone even looted my starting gear.

Literally starting the round with a pistol and no armor and facing heavily armored people with automated guns with sights at less than 20 seconds of the game starting as a PMC. No, this game is poo.

Well there's ton of people doing exactly what you are doing and not complaining.

This game has already become quite easy from what it was back in the days. 

so what do you want to do? People suggest stuff that goes against the core of the game. It's like people don't even read before making a purchase.

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/#about

• Like 1

Cevune
On 11/24/2019 at 11:46 PM, sYs said:

Well there's ton of people doing exactly what you are doing and not complaining.

This game has already become quite easy from what it was back in the days. 

so what do you want to do? People suggest stuff that goes against the core of the game. It's like people don't even read before making a purchase.

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/#about

The whole "well other people are doing it" thing is a really tiresome logical fallacy when it comes to beta development. Just because some people are content with bashing their face into a wall doesn't mean there isn't a better method out there.

Also that page is just fluff marketing, what exactly is being said that goes against the core spirit of the game? Could you cite an example maybe?

There's nothing wrong with adding an Elo matchmaking system to allow players to get into actually fair and engaging matches. And there's nothing wrong with making personal sustainability easier (in terms of being able to generate passive income and actually equip yourself for the fight ahead). "hardcore and realistic" is not shorthand for 'masochistic circle jerk'. You can maintain a hardcore atmosphere and elements of realism without forcing your game to be an unplayable trudge.

And before any accusations or implications come up, I play the game plenty and manage to get by fine, but that doesn't mean their criticism isn't valid. Making concessions to allow beginner players to actually tolerate the game is how you ensure its survival in the long run.

sYs
2 hours ago, Cevune said:

Also that page is just fluff marketing, what exactly is being said that goes against the core spirit of the game? Could you cite an example maybe?

There's nothing wrong with adding an Elo matchmaking system to allow players to get into actually fair and engaging matches. And there's nothing wrong with making personal sustainability easier (in terms of being able to generate passive income and actually equip yourself for the fight ahead). "hardcore and realistic" is not shorthand for 'masochistic circle jerk'. You can maintain a hardcore atmosphere and elements of realism without forcing your game to be an unplayable trudge.

And before any accusations or implications come up, I play the game plenty and manage to get by fine, but that doesn't mean their criticism isn't valid. Making concessions to allow beginner players to actually tolerate the game is how you ensure its survival in the long run.

If you play for a long time than you should know - you were a new player too and it was hard and now you are doing fine. I was a new player too.

The point of no matchmaking for online raids is so the situation changes every time.  

The drawbacks for ELO system or gear system are way worse than no system(queue based one we have).

If gear score system is implemented

i know who i will be fighting. No surprises.  If i go fully geared i expect and will encounter same gear people.

If elo system is implemented :

sure cool thing but i will probably keep my elo as low as possible (lets hatchet :D ) as to own everyone when i want and freefarm everything in the world and make huge money on the market. Good way to kill market. 

+ this will probably make it so that new players are gonna be  with  high elo players who keep their elos low on purpose to gain money advantage. 

And that fluff marketing page is what you bought when you were buying the game. It's the road map, it's the vision what game should be. 

Edited by sYs
typo

Cevune
2 hours ago, sYs said:

The drawbacks for ELO system or gear system are way worse than no system(queue based one we have).

If gear score system is implemented

i know who i will be fighting. No surprises.  If i go fully geared i expect and will encounter same gear people.

If elo system is implemented :

sure cool thing but i will probably keep my elo as low as possible (lets hatchet :D ) as to own everyone when i want and freefarm everything in the world and make huge money on the market. Good way to kill market. 

+ this will probably make it so that new players are gonna be  with  high elo players who keep their elos low on purpose to gain money advantage. 

That's an overly simplified model of a matchmaking system. It would be possible to weigh time-in-game, average performance, and current performance to create a matching system with limited decay to prevent that market crashing situation you describe. If somebody's ELO ever surpasses a certain point (and generally it would have to in order to make it to a point where the player is able to succeed more than they fail and stay afloat), then they're limited from intentionally (or even accidentally) dropping out of their skill bracket by more than a few degrees to smurf truly lower skill players.

Likewise, when it comes to gear, that could be a partial consideration as well, not necessarily the gear a player has currently but also what they elect to take. It's a different story to throw people who literally can't get high tier ammo at someone in class 6 armor than it is to throw someone who can but chooses not to. Even still, you can accommodate for this by making it a sliding scale, so for example lower gear higher skill players are matched with lower skill higher gear players, to offset the difference in equipment and ability.

It's entirely possible to engineer a matchmaking system that can weigh various types of data and reach an outcome that still guarantees a varied playing field in terms of equipment while keeping the skill level in a fair range and which prevents smurfing

Edited by Cevune

sYs
3 minutes ago, Cevune said:

That's an overly simplified model of a matchmaking system. It would be possible to weigh time-in-game, average performance, and current performance to create a matching system with limited decay to prevent that market crashing situation you describe. If somebody's ELO ever surpasses a certain point (and generally it would have to in order to make it to a point where the player is able to succeed more than they fail and stay afloat), then they're limited from intentionally (or even accidentally) dropping out of their skill bracket by more than a few degrees to smurf truly lower skill players.

Likewise, when it comes to gear, that could be a partial consideration as well, not necessarily the gear a player has currently but also what they elect to take. It's a different story to throw people who literally can't get high tier ammo at someone in class 6 armor than it is to throw someone who can but chooses not to. Even still, you can accommodate for this by making it a sliding scale, so for example lower gear higher skill players are matched with lower skill higher gear players, to offset the difference in equipment and ability.

It's entirely possible to engineer a matchmaking system that can weigh various types of data and reach an outcome that still guarantees a varied playing field in terms of equipment while keeping the skill level in a fair range and which prevents smurfing

Matchmaking is gonna be only a thing for arena mode and that's it.

It's not needed in main maps. Matchmaking is needed only for trigger happy people that can't evaluate situation they are in. There is no  gear dependent game out there with free market and matchmaking and loosing everything on death.

If you want to understand how successful hardcore games works - look no further than Eve Online and its learning curve. 

Matchmaking and hardcore games just don't match.

Being able to head shot someone doesn't make the game "hardcore".  It's a package deal. 

Matchmaking -> Predictability 

Cevune
Just now, sYs said:

Matchmaking is gonna be only a thing for arena mode and that's it.

It's not needed in main maps. Matchmaking is needed only for trigger happy people that can't evaluate situation they are in. There is no  gear dependent game out there with free market and matchmaking and loosing everything on death.

If you want to understand how successful hardcore games works - look no further than Eve Online and its learning curve. 

Matchmaking and hardcore games just don't match.

Being able to head shot someone doesn't make the game "hardcore".  It's a package deal. 

Matchmaking -> Predictability 

There are literally hundreds of PVP games that remain unpredictable due to the nature of human intelligence and creativity, despite using sensible matchmaking algorithms. It's literally only laziness to ignore such a basic feature for a game.

EVE online, for one thing, is an extremely bad comparison to be made to this game because they share virtually no defining characteristics other than the fact that they render 3D graphics to a screen.

And aside from that, you're just plain not making sense. Who implied that head shotting someone is the characteristic that defines a hardcore game? It's a package deal of what? You don't actually explain what characteristics a "hardcore" game needs to be "hardcore". I've already pretty plainly laid out how exactly you can structure a matchmaking system which still prevents predictability. Just saying "uuhh nuh uh" doesn't really refute the mechanism at all.

Which isn't to say I disagree with you that it probably won't happen. Tarkov is like honey to the flies of people that get off on bragging about their in-game skills and screeching at people to "git gud" it's honestly almost worse than From Soft communities or MOBAs. So yeah, I doubt matchmaking will happen, easy as it would be to pull off in a satisfying way. Hell I doubt they'll even throw it into the arena because the same trash applies. Just git gud 4head. Or don't play if you can't. Meh whatever. We'll see what they do and what results from it.

Ethernel

Idk why people complain about this game !

I started to play tarkov one month ago and oh boy this is heaven ! (expect when its buggy)

First day - So much stress , being dumb players who know poo about the game but taking pleasure !

Loosed all my begginers stuff in less then 2hours .

So i was with 0 guns 0 money totally naked starting to rage !

Second day - Still a lot of stress playing but starting to understand more and more the game !

Started to use flea market to make some money !

One week - Starting to rush the stashes on Interchange 

Making more and more money (but still poor)

Two week - A lot of progress !

First time i hit my cap of 3M ruble

Started to understand how to mod guns (so much fun)

One day after : started to make the PVP pro like a dumb 

Loosed a lot of my money + my stuff , i was so fk mad ! but i continue to play and taking pleasure !

So 1 month after - Better gameplay ! LVL36

No problem to fight against a team of 2 or 3.

More reflex , more knowledge.

So final point !

This game is for people who love to play without any limits (rushing like yolo or camping or looting goblins etc etc..) totally freedom!

If you think that a game in a beta will have 0 bugs 0 cheats , then go play other games !

The admins are hardworking on their game to be better !

Admins are so much close to their community tcompared to other games !

This game have still so much potential !

• Like 1

RainmakerM4

Thank God, Nikita is not stupid and there will be no matchmaking to ruin the game. We want unpredictable rounds. If you think its unfair, good, learn the game.

syirrus

I can see that this game has potential, however as a newcomer it's BS.  Spawn, die wait 20 minutes, spawn die, rinse and repeat. It's a meat grinder for newcomers which simply is not fun. Dudes in squads and with gear that makes them almost impervious to hand gun fire is BS. I know, I know we all have to earn our stripes.

I think the balance between an expected level of frustration and fun is heavily slanted in the direction of frustration at this point. Conceptually, the game looks great and is very much so tactically based and I really want to be able to get into it, however as a solo player I the frustration curve (not learning curve) is too great.

francisbaud

OP, what did you dislike from the game?

O_G

All the newbies here, just grind, i had 1% survial rate, died every raid i did.

but now i know more stuff and mechanics, give this game a go, the only current problem is the servers getting ddosed alot.

you will learn about the game dont worry about dying, just learn maps first and youll be fine

Mohorovic

If u don't want the game can  u give me your account? It would be the best to pass through covid 19 quarentine! :D

huynhpro

Italians play Fortnite game to avoid the covid 19... 
see more