Castlers

Game is Bad

Filz
On 3/11/2020 at 12:51 PM, syirrus said:

I can see that this game has potential, however as a newcomer it's BS.  Spawn, die wait 20 minutes, spawn die, rinse and repeat. It's a meat grinder for newcomers which simply is not fun. Dudes in squads and with gear that makes them almost impervious to hand gun fire is BS. I know, I know we all have to earn our stripes.

I think the balance between an expected level of frustration and fun is heavily slanted in the direction of frustration at this point. Conceptually, the game looks great and is very much so tactically based and I really want to be able to get into it, however as a solo player I the frustration curve (not learning curve) is too great.

the "frustration curve" is the learning curve. there is also so many things in this game that you have to take into accounts such as what tier armor you take in, what bullets you take in, and also (12.4 update) how much you weigh. if you come from CSGO, R6, or even COD this game is much harder and much more complex. 

there are also many discord servers that you can find groups to play with. and these servers often have experienced players that can help you learn then game further so that you can actually have fun 

what_the_deuce

I hate the game but love the concept. If Dayz came out with a concept like this I would quit playing EFT.  Maps are why to small when your able to snipe another player across the map. Also the maps bottleneck players in certain section of every map so there is basically small chances of avoiding other players.  The quest to level up the traders is dumb especially for new players who don't have access to the better gear and have to compete with high ranking players with way better gear all gear should be able for everyone at any level. The weapon, equipment and construction loot crates are always in the same spot so all players pretty much head to the same dam spots. Pretty much the rest of the map is useless. The only thing I enjoy is the in depth gun modding and how the armor would work in real life against variety of rounds.

SliferZ
On 4/25/2018 at 8:51 PM, RainmakerM4 said:

This guy either he is:
a) ignorant as all hell
b) has way bellow average IQ
c) 10 year old child playing mature game without parents permission
or d) he really wants EFT not to succeed for whatever wicked (non) reason.

or OR, maybe hes dying to hackers, where none of your gear matters anyway. Super crazy idea I know.

RainmakerM4
9 hours ago, SliferZ said:

or OR, maybe hes dying to hackers, where none of your gear matters anyway. Super crazy idea I know.

He haven't mentioned cheaters in his post. Cheaters have nothing to do with actual game mechanics. It doesn't change the fact they are sub-humans though.

skyflashde

Thx for the thread necro.

Yes there are many problems with the game, but yeah its still in alpha, so lets wait and see how they make it better. Hopefully.