"Barrel Stuffing" and BSG's Opinion On It

ashton042

In my games, hatchlings have been able to run up in front of me and my gun goes straight into the air so I am unable to shoot them. Is this intended and if not are there any plans to change this?

Edited by ashton042
OneAndOnlyPdogg
2 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Yeah it is intended indeed, just as it would happen in real life

Ehh... If you rushed me and my super long shotgun barrel was in front of me I would poke you with it to keep you away.  Also a great position to blow a massive hole in the dude.  That would be more "real life".  More of a "get the f*** away from me".  But I also see how this would put melee weapons at an extreme disadvantage.  And that if your barrel didn't move you wouldn't fit somewhere.  I dont really have that kind of problem though.  Usually a scav or I am dead before we get that close.  And if its a player, its even more rare.  I think it happened once to me.

3 hours ago, ashton042 said:

In my games, hatchlings have been able to run up in front of me and my gun goes straight into the air so I am unable to shoot them. Is this intended and if not are there any plans to change this?

I was reading a thread the other day about how shorter weapons are at an advantage due to this mechanic.  Shorter barrel or folding stock for better CQB.  Handgun if its that super close.  Just some suggestions.  Still new to the game so I dont know much more than that.  Plus if you get that close as a hatchling you will do the same to them.

Edited by OneAndOnlyPdogg
Added last sentence.

Dying because you were aiming at the ceiling is the unbelievably frustrating. And with some weapons it's incredibly unrealistic. For instance, you wouldn't realistically point your pistol up like that, ever. You could still hit the person if he was hugging you because you could pull the gun next to your body if need be, you could always find a way to point it at the guy and shoot. Unfortunately in the game pistols can still be defeated like this.

But when it comes to long guns, I like that the mechanic exists. If you somehow did end up extremely close to someone who has a long shotgun and is trying to shoot you, realistically you'd grab the barrel, push it away from you and if you're feeling very Bruce Lee that day, you could twist it out of his hand to disarm him, though more reasonably you'd just stab him while his mind is on the gun. In that way it makes perfect sense.

But I think with shorter guns, think AKSU, there should be a possibility for it to go either way - some chance that the gun is successfully pointed elsewhere by the hatchling and some chance that you manage to wrestle it in a position to shoot him.

SnakePlissken89
4 minutes ago, Wurfy said:

You could still hit the person if he was hugging you because you could pull the gun next to your body if need be, you could always find a way to point it at the guy and shoot. Unfortunately in the game pistols can still be defeated like this.

That is actually how it works dude, has been for a while now. it used to point up a good few patches ago but now you get the pistol retention you're referring to, just walk up to a wall with a pistol and you'll see for yourself or even run into a scav/pmc, it works.

On 4/26/2018 at 6:59 PM, SnakePlissken89 said:

That is actually how it works dude, has been for a while now. it used to point up a good few patches ago but now you get the pistol retention you're referring to, just walk up to a wall with a pistol and you'll see for yourself or even run into a scav/pmc, it works.

Then why did I recently (after wipe) die due to my Grach being pointed skywards?

On 4/25/2018 at 10:41 PM, OneAndOnlyPdogg said:

Ehh... If you rushed me and my super long shotgun barrel was in front of me I would poke you with it to keep you away.  Also a great position to blow a massive hole in the dude.  That would be more "real life".  More of a "get the f*** away from me".  But I also see how this would put melee weapons at an extreme disadvantage.  And that if your barrel didn't move you wouldn't fit somewhere.  I dont really have that kind of problem though.  Usually a scav or I am dead before we get that close.  And if its a player, its even more rare.  I think it happened once to me.

I was reading a thread the other day about how shorter weapons are at an advantage due to this mechanic.  Shorter barrel or folding stock for better CQB.  Handgun if its that super close.  Just some suggestions.  Still new to the game so I dont know much more than that.  Plus if you get that close as a hatchling you will do the same to them.

You can't stuff a 25 inch barrel into someone in a doorway bro, have you ever tried it in real life? You will either get your barrel pushed down or sideways and having the opponent reaching for a handgun / knife 

OneAndOnlyPdogg
13 hours ago, Pretzel said:

You can't stuff a 25 inch barrel into someone in a doorway bro, have you ever tried it in real life? You will either get your barrel pushed down or sideways and having the opponent reaching for a handgun / knife 

Look here.  There are pictures that depict what should happen if you get rushed.  you have a stick with bullets in it... poke him with it. Kill him.  No I will not put my gun away and make it a knife fight.  That's giving up my advantage.