Prometheus

Ding dong the netcode is bad

Prometheus

At this point everyone knows, but between the garbage netcode and constant desync between players I find it hard to do more than a couple runs without getting mad... 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BARRICADE

Even being able to pick a server to play on with the lowest ping possible makes ZERO difference.

I honestly do not see ANY server performance updates or fixes as of this patch which is very sad. They keep saying they have upgraded and fixed things but they need to show us exactly what they are fixing in order for anyone to believe them these days.

I get F'd over by Desync almost every other raid now. Shoreline is still a hot mess. The only reason there is barely any lag on interchange is due to the fact that there are no AI Scavs being loaded into it.

I feel your pain. So do a LOT of other players. 

The ones that say they never experience these issues?, are straight up lying.

Malevolent1

I had not been having any issues until recently. Today has been the absolute worst day by far for me. I've died to numerous players over desync issues (which has made me rage all day long today), and to just horrendous lag. I literally peaked a corner and started to shoot a guy, weapon animation gets locked and is firing as hes firing at me... guess what? Dead.

Lost a ton of stuff which honestly wasn't a huge deal at the time, but it's getting worse and worse. Whatever revision they did to the netcode in this patch is just awful. It needs to be fully re-written and tested extensively, not just thrown together and then 3 days later deployed as a new patch.

It's honestly getting to the point I don't even want to play anymore. I love this game, spent tons of hours on it already, and I would love to keep playing, but the problems outweigh the good right now. Not to mention you have desync, tons of cheaters who are still running around (guy literally was on the opposite side of the map on customs and headshot my buddy and me. No shot sounds no nothing.) and blatantly abusing the anti-cheat system in place. I'm glad the anti-cheat works, but there needs to be a revision, or one of the community mods going undercover to download the cheats, send them to the devs, decompile, and obfuscate their coding better so hackers cant program cheats worth a damn.

As it stands, the netcode is the biggest problem, with cheaters being the second. I can stomach some small performance micro-stutters here and there. Something needs to be done about the netcode's desync bs. There's really no reason we should still be desyncing as bad as we are. Usually with the unity engine, that's related to hardware as well. Use to happen to me on Rust when I had an ASUS mobo, then when I upgraded to MSI it stopped and the ASUS users were still hating their lives. Not sure what else to say at this point other than the netcode that they supposedly rewrote is nothing short of a crapshoot. Get some senior netcode programmers to fix it and get us a stable netcode patch where everyone sees the same thing instead of desyncing.

RuiningMyTeams

Yh the dysnc in that clip is pretty bad,

angrybruiser

i've died 5 raids in a row now with complete full gear in shoreline to desync like that. this last death i had 5 minutes ago nobody was in the room with me and it still took 3 seconds for me to die without anyone appearing in my vision. i have 28 ping to the EU server (28 to fr, 32 to sbg)... i don't have gear fear and i refused to hatchet this wipe, but what's the ducking point in bringing gear? i don't mind taking risks, but i mind losing my stuff just because, so now i'll also just hatchet.

yesterday i died 6 raids in a row like this, as well.. i mean i don't think it's my connection because i can play every other online game super smooth, i have 50/50 fiber and my connection to the tarkov servers is 28 ms.. 

i really love the game but now i don't even want to play anymore. 80% of my deaths are due to desync like this. i'm not saying i wouldn't die otherwise, because i'm pretty noob. but i don't even get the chance to die because i'm noob, i just sit inside a closed room alone and then explode with bullets.

but i don't feel like playing anymore. for every good experience i'll have to lose 5 full gears to enemies i never saw even though i'm covering the only angle of approach. enjoyment of playing is FAR outweighed by frustration atm

Edited by angrybruiser

CaptainWillard

game wont be fun until it actually works. right now it doesn't.

bookcoda

Today is just being bad because of their technical update sure it always kinda bad but today specifically the last couple of hours is unplayable especially on shoreline they should have added some disclaimer about performance not increased match times which i haven't even noticed.

Rakiin

The server freeze is just amazing! dream feature! not getting killed by that at all :), and the time it takes to spawn in is just insane... 3-4 mins and other get in at less then 2. match i played a few mins ago i spawned in and turned right and instant killed, lived less then 5 sec. amazing!

CaptainWillard

yeah so awesome to spawn in within line of sight of two other guys when i can't even choose which side of the map to spawn in on anymore.

• Upvote 1

kazenokizu

Think that is bad try droping a five man on top of another five man. on shore line or spawing solo walking 10 ft from spawn to get merked by another group who spawned there 

or seeing your buddy drop 60 rounds in a un armored guy with a glock for them to both kill each other and your friend to not to get the kill.