Ewalker_Duty

Why the middle east server is not in the middle east?

Ewalker_Duty

Hi

Why the middle east servers, are in Istanbul? (which is exactly right next to Europe ...) why not put it in the middle east? 
this is a huge problem for middle eastern players, as we are having relatively bad ping on the Turkish servers, and Europeans who play on the Turkish server, have better ping than us ...! it's like putting the USA server, in china ...

Why put the middle east server in Europe?  why not put the middle east server, in the middle east itself? you have countries like UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Israel, Iran, Iraq, Syria ...  which have data-centers and network infrastructure as good as Turkey, IF not BETTER!, and far far better connectivity with other middle eastern countries than Turkey; Turkey is basically next to Europe (especially Istanbul which one can say it's basically in Europe ...), and has very very bad connectivity with (other) middle eastern countries (Iran, Iraq, UAE, Israel, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi-arabia etc), because most middle eastern countries take majority of their bandwidth through optical-fibers which are going through Persian-gulf, Arabian sea, Red sea and South Atlantic ocean ...

Capture.PNG

Edited by persian_warrior
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Ewalker_Duty

https://imgur.com/a/XgBjZZl

Watch the submarine cable map,  UAE is the best place to put the middle east server in (it has the best connectivity with other middle eastern countries)  ... and it's a very safe place and has very good network infrastructure.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

RainmakerM4

Turkey is basicaly middle east :D

• Sad 1

Ewalker_Duty
25 minutes ago, RainmakerM4 said:

well it seems you just read the title, not the post ...

iDictator

Well, they removed the Turkish server which I used to have better pings! GG!

• Thanks 1

canoztrk24

I am turkish, living in the UAE, and i agree completely. The UAE would be the prime place to put servers in rather than turkey.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Dirpitz

The game ran better for me on that server better ping 

Ewalker_Duty

they removed the middle east (turkish) server since few days ago. not sure if they removed it for good (unlikely) or trying to relocate it or having technical difficulties ... 

darkz97

I'm from Syria and i play on ME (tur) Server my ping is around 100...
lately im getting some problems, today, i was in mid match and i got server connection lost, i tried to reconect several times and each time it says "connecting to server" it disconnect again. also i would like to mention some players from US and UK are abusing the ME server, they are connecting with 200-300 ping just for easy loot. They are sooo laggy that it make the experiance for us in the ME really bad. Please for the love of god fix these issues. Thanks. I also agree with Persian Warrior. Istanbul server is not good for ME.

Edited by darkz97
  • Like 1

SkyCloud

I am from Istanbul with 50mbits download and i get 700 ping in every 3 match, there is a problem with the server not the location

TarkovCitizen213506

yeah im from iraq and i play on ME tur  Server my ping is around 140 and more some time 400 

DragunovCrux

Infrastructure and political situations, may block or impede private/public companies from being able to work with each other to provide its customers with good service.

Edited by DragunovCrux
Reality.

elaxir

Well, Turkey is one of the few somewhat stable countries in the region. If not there - it may be placed in Israel (then I'll have a great ping :D maybe Jordan and UAE

Ewalker_Duty

one of the few stable countries? :)
you have Iran as well ... and saudi arabia ... Oman ... Bahrain ... these with the ones you mentioned make 6 countries ... how many stable countries do you have in north america? :)
(not gonna argue on Iraq and Syria with you, as most people have no clue about the reality in these countries ...)

BTW between the 7, turkey is the least stable! it's at war. there was a military coup not a long time ago. and lots of terrorist attacks in the past few years ...

and most importantly, turkey is almost in Europe ...! the middle east server should be in the actual middle east ... not a country on the boundary of middle east, almost in Europe, and with terrible connectivity with other middle eastern countries, and far better connectivity with Europe ...

• Upvote 3

darkz97
21 hours ago, DragunovCrux said:

Infrastructure and political situations, may block or impede private/public companies from being able to work with each other to provide its customers with good service.

- Politics has nothing to do with renting a server. 
- Infrastructure is pretty good in almost all ME countries, You have, UAE, Iran, Kuwait, Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia all with stable Infrastructure.
In my opinion, UAE (Dubai) is the best choise for a true ME server. For example Battlefield 1 has server in Dubai and Friends of main from Iraq, Iran and Syria have pings between 30- 70.  While in the current tarkov ME server which is located in Istabul, has 200-600 ping for Middle easterns. People from UK have better ping on Tukish server than middle easterns....

• Upvote 4

DragunovCrux

Politics does if two countries have trade embargoes on one another, and/or if said countries runs high censorship or oversight. For example, high censorship countries usually bottleneck all traffic coming in and out through centralized servers. Or, government is the only service provider, and highly review all traffic.

Things may be a bit slow :P\

That being said, UAE usually has good latency.

Edited by DragunovCrux

ws_AJ_IRAQ

Hi everyone i hope everyone have a good rids as for the topic i strongly agree with Persian_warrior regarding to the server issues that most of the Mideast players are playing on EU server. why idk.

Gascon

Could we please put it in the holy Mecca city? Then our traffic and then hopefully our operators would be carried and protected by Allah!! xDxD

outstaff

lets bamp guys,

I'm myself live in Israel when connect to turkish servers, have terrible ping 100-130 and its right front from the sea must be ping much better then it is. and when i'm join to an eu server like Amsterdam or London its more far from turkey i have 60-70 ping!!!! atlast at Russian servers have same ping as turkey

To the devs!

please please make any Israel server its  right on middle east and we are have good infrastructure and i'm sure this game playing many from Israel and all around countries. 

Edited by outstaff

Kilizly

logically Servers should be placed in UAE or Bahrain since now there is new amazon servers opened up there ,

• Upvote 1

tarsal7
On 4/27/2018 at 3:38 AM, RainmakerM4 said:

I live in Dubai and when trying to connect to Turkey server which as you have stated is actually in the middle east I get a very high ping of 160 ~ 170ms, and the game is unplayable. We urge you to have a new server in either Dubai or Bahrain (Amazon) like other titles do.

• Upvote 1

Gwynbleeidd

A message to BSG we are not asking for 10-20 servers we would like at least one server and then see how it goes from there. I do not know how big or small the player base is for the game but I do know that a server in UAE specifically Dubai will be perfect for the middle east and perfect for all players from Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Oman, Syria, Israel and many more. It makes a huge difference to play on 60 and less ping than 120+ ping game play wise and makes the game fun a lot more. It will also reduce how many times people die behind cover.

Paescu96

Isn't there a Server in Tel Aviv.

Atleast its named Tel Aviv in the Server Browser.

ghjinke

lol , because they are Nikita , they are lazy enough to care about normal players .
But when the streamer complain about something in the game , they change it immediately.

Gwynbleeidd
On 6/8/2020 at 8:27 AM, Paescu96 said:

Isn't there a Server in Tel Aviv.

Atleast its named Tel Aviv in the Server Browser.

There is but it is the same as the Turkey server for us so it is also 120+ ping.