Great way to improve the game, easily.

GingerCyclops

Voip ASAP?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Right now Tarkov does not have the best reviews or outlook. The servers aren't good and bugs are still present. But a great way to make this game much more enjoyable in the mean time is to add Voip! I know they will add it sooner or later, but adding it as soon as possible will help distract everyone from the bugs while they fix them. I believe voip will bring a whole new level of comedy and enjoyment into the game, and will create a much better stance for the game currently.

• Voip ASAP?
    • Voip at a later date?
    • No Voip?

Right now Tarkov does not have the best reviews or outlook. The servers aren't good and bugs are still present. But a great way to make this game much more enjoyable in the mean time is to add Voip! I know they will add it sooner or later, but adding it as soon as possible will help distract everyone from the bugs while they fix them. I believe voip will bring a whole new level of comedy and enjoyment into the game, and will create a much better stance for the game currently.

Yea Vopi would be really fun as you could hold someone up at factory exit, on the other side it can be really toxic and if you play overwatch you will know what i mean. But anyways Voip will come at some point but BSG has other issues they need to work on first also adding Voip in would just cause more problems to the servers as they will have to account for packets and other things just making the servers worse. Also i don't think its an easy thing to even do, but anyways i'm sure we will have it in the future just gotta play the waiting game. 

• Upvote 1

Now I don't claim to be an expert on networking ect. but i know basics. Surely adding voip would put more stress on the already heavily stressed servers adding more frustration. Personally they need to put ALL their resources into fixing the desync and netcode/peekers adavange ect. and this will heavily help with 905 of my problems with the game. In it's current state i dont think it should've left alpha

I'm on the fence about VOIP. 

On one hand... So much of the game immersion will be ruined with ... cursing, squeaking and screaming. 

On the other... people taking things seriously could increase the immersion... 

• Like 1

Right now we don't need VOIP when they flesh out the factions and add consequences to killing members of your faction then there will be a use for VOIP so you can team-up and communicate. 

15 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

On one hand... So much of the game immersion will be ruined with ... cursing, squeaking and screaming. 

Agreed. Just look at all other games with VOIP. Show me one game where it works as intended, aka people don't use it to troll and shout obscenities constantly.

But yeah, when use by players that stay in character it could be nice. Sadly I don't think this will be the case, so I hope you can disable VOIP when they do decide to add this.

17 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

I'm on the fence about VOIP. 

This.

One side of me really want VOIP, I can see those scenarios where you team up with a random, or your group robbing a poor player in exchange for his life (and he get to keep some of his gear), but then you have the trolls and the salt from people you shot at.