Is 8 GB of disk space really enough?

StarFish_AC

StarFish_AC

I am just wondering, if 8 GB of disk space would be really enough for this game. I mean look at the 16 km^2 big map, with several buildings, structures, nature and so on. And it is not only the map. There would be many weapons and gear with a huge amount of costumizability and the very detailed physics. And last but not least there is the trading system with the NPCs.

What do you guys think. Would 8 GB of disk space be enough? I spontaneously thought, that the game would be 12 - 16 GB big.

And do anyone know, how i can change my nickname  ._.  i missed the "i" in StarF i sh_AC. So it became StarF u sh_AC. That really bothers me...

Edited by StarFush_AC
  • Upvote 1

I doubt its gonna be that small once its released, 8gb for alpha sounds right though, we probably won't have access to freeroam and the like untill beta.

StarFish_AC

Thank you for the replies. I will just stay here and wait until the product is finished, but maybe i will buy the standard pre-order. If the developers keep their promises, this game could be the best game last decade. Atleast for me.

RavenSpecV

If that's not enough for you XCOM 2 is 45 Gb xD

Serious face:  My vote is for beta purposes. But then again H1Z1 is not even 7 Gb on file. So a smaller world with more stuff in it might be close.
H1Z1 says 20 on Steam. But 7 in my folder.

Also ArmA is only 8 or 9 Gb in my folder, and says 10 on Steam.

Edited by RavenSpecV
Second thought
StarFish_AC

@irishrOy Yep, I would install the game on a SSD, but that's not the problem. I just see so much features and so big contents in this game. But referring to RavenSpecV's comment, 8 GB should be fine. I am playing ArmA 3 aswell and i checked the capacity it takes. It says 15 GB, but they got much larger maps, like Altis and Stratis, than EFT will got. Anyway, i am just very excited about EFT and i really hope, that this game will be a huge success. But we will see...

Also excited for the big ArmA 3 update, where the map Tanoa will be released together with DX 12. You guys think, that there might be the chances of DX 12 support for EFT? At the moment the approximate system requirements only says, that a graphics card with DX 11 support is recommended.

Edited by StarFush_AC
Alpha-30k
15 hours ago, RavenSpecV said:

If that's not enough for you XCOM 2 is 45 Gb xD

Serious face:  My vote is for beta purposes. But then again H1Z1 is not even 7 Gb on file. So a smaller world with more stuff in it might be close.
H1Z1 says 20 on Steam. But 7 in my folder.

Also ArmA is only 8 or 9 Gb in my folder, and says 10 on Steam.

Yeah I classify ArmA's disk space by how many mods I have rather than the base game xD. ArmA by itself is like the tool people use to make it bigger through mods. It's amazing.