23Link89

Why can't I install the game on a drive other than my C:/ drive?

23Link89

I've noticed recently after installing Escape from Tarkov that I'm running really low on space, after digging around in my C:/ drive I found that EFT is installed on C:/Battlestate Games/EFT/EscapeFromTarkov_Data and I know this is the game install directory because it's 8.5G and has the same name all Unity games for it's game data ("Game name"_Data). And for users like me who have an SSD as their primary drive, this is a problem. I'm now running dangerously low on space and I'm starting to get crashes because of it. So for the love of drunken Russian retardation, could we please fix this?

Chouette

I installed it on another drive, no issue (SSD, E:). You probably forgot to change the default installation path.

Also, I have the launcher on C: drive.

Try changing the path in the "Settings" tab of the launcher (scroll down, "Game directory", "Set the path to existing game installation").
Make sure to select an empty folder, not the root of the drive, there was an issue with that where the content of the target location was deleted.

Edited by Chouette

jarcko

I'm Not sure if you have the same problem as I had, But I tried to move the folder from one drive to another. The game launcher told it me had to run off the drive it was originally installed on. Now, I can't remember if I did the uninstall or just deleted it from the old one but when I ran the launcher to reinstall I was unable to change the install path.

My Fix - I searched the registry for "Battlestate" and found many items. deleting all that I found pertaining to Tarkov. After each delete I tried installing, no luck on most. After Deleating the folder with Tarkov items in "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall". This seamed to contain the install path to the game. 

Hope this helps.

Running Windows 10, Not sure if Registry is different for 7 or 8.

Edited by jarcko

PsiloCap
New folder worked thanks, weird that it had to be a new folder

sixiz

i know this is an old post but i ran into the problem where i was being told that i couldn't install to my desired directory over and over with no reason given.   after some searching i read the suggestion that the only way to change the installation directory (different drive desired in my case) was to install it only to a folder named "BattleState Games".      that's the only way that i've found that you can change the initial installation location.  it will only install to a folder of that name.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

IEmpathize

Creating a new folder and downloading it under the folder worked for me. Thank you.

hallettnr

In case anyone is still running into this problem I think I found the solution which is actually incredibly easy.

I tried absolutely everything listed above to change my install path using that option on the launcher prior to installing the game and I kept getting the same messages you are getting.

Simply click the install button anyways and it will pop up another window that will allow you to change the drive. I changed it on there and it worked no problem. I'm not entirely sure why they include some option prior to installation that doesn't even seem to work properly, it just causes confusion.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Soviet47
On 12/11/2019 at 2:22 AM, hallettnr said:

In case anyone is still running into this problem I think I found the solution which is actually incredibly easy.

I tried absolutely everything listed above to change my install path using that option on the launcher prior to installing the game and I kept getting the same messages you are getting.

Simply click the install button anyways and it will pop up another window that will allow you to change the drive. I changed it on there and it worked no problem. I'm not entirely sure why they include some option prior to installation that doesn't even seem to work properly, it just causes confusion.

worked for me too, thanks my friend

Drewfus

I can't believe i didnt see that... was reeling over this for a solid hour trying to find a solution and it was litereally RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. lmao thankyou my guy i really really appreciate it!

PayYeti

I have tried a lot of this stuff and still cant get the game to install from the launcher. Im getting a ("user action required" Unable to load the file Client.0.12.2.5485.zip)  after i exit it i then receive a error  http://cdn-11.eft-store.com/clientdistribs/0.12.2.5485_01ac28d7-4e8c-4d23-ba16-0f6e6a89e6a6/client.0.12.2.5485.zip file download error.. 

Anyone got something for this? been stuck on this for three days and cant figure it out.