Platypoes

South African Server????

Platypoes

Hey Devs there is quite a few of us playing this now. Any chance of a South African server so we don't have to play with 200-300 ping a get our arses handed to us because of high ping.

Edited by Platypoes
  • Like 3

Shodanza

Please Devs, Another South African player part of the Local ZA Discord group as well.. pls pls pls :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Zepsta

+1 SOUTH AFRICAN SERVERS FTW

• Thanks 1

Grim43

yip, its very annoying, i average with around 225 ping, can never rush for factory key or marked room, buying anything on fence is a waste of time, by the time u refresh its gone, never mind the guys running scripts to buy stuff.

• Like 2

Mr_Sheep
3 minutes ago, Grim43 said:

yip, its very annoying, i average with around 225 ping, can never rush for factory key or marked room, buying anything on fence is a waste of time, by the time u refresh its gone, never mind the guys running scripts to buy stuff.

31 minutes ago, Zepsta said:

+1 SOUTH AFRICAN SERVERS FTW

54 minutes ago, Shodanza said:

Please Devs, Another South African player part of the Local ZA Discord group as well.. pls pls pls :)

On 5/5/2018 at 9:30 AM, Platypoes said:

Hey Devs there is quite a few of us playing this now. Any chance of a South African server so we don't have to play with 200-300 ping a get our arses handed to us because of high ping.

Servers will be added in time, you are able to change servers however, so you could find one where you lag less.

AntiAlligat3r

Thank you Mr_Sheep, but like everyone is saying , we need those servers , the game is becoming quite big now in South Africa :D

2legs
On 5/5/2018 at 8:30 PM, Platypoes said:

your name is epic.

RapTure_za

Please Devs!! This is only a handfull of the continualy growing Tarkov comunity  in South Africa we are dedicated and a server in South Africa Would be epic we are 100+ people in 1 of the Discord chennels im part of, everyone gets addicted to this game as sson as they extract for the 1st time with over 500k worth of gear. better servers means more people will extract and talk about it 2 their friends = more money for battlestate!

PestControl_ZA
On 5/7/2018 at 9:08 PM, Mr_Sheep said:

Servers will be added in time, you are able to change servers however, so you could find one where you lag less.

The problem is the closest servers at the moment are the EU servers and due to the sheer distance which the data needs to travel we won't have a ping lower than 200ms no matter which server/region we choose.

I know for a fact that there are ISP's here in SA which will be more than willing to host servers at no cost to BSG.  So guys please consider it sooner rather than later - it will definitely aide in decreasing the load on the EU servers and add a big customer base.

Mr_Sheep

Right, how many people play from South Africa? As adding servers are not that easy so more people that reply to this thread, say if we got like a few hundred that may help.

Phoye

Issue is that people like myself will never buy this game because of latency even though I would love to play it. Essentially you'll never get "enough" of a player base to justify bringing servers to South Africa due to people like me not buying it. 

Katla_ZA

I bought  the game but it says my region is usa is that normal and if not how do I fix it ?

ShirouZA
On 5/13/2018 at 2:23 PM, Mr_Sheep said:

Right, how many people play from South Africa? As adding servers are not that easy so more people that reply to this thread, say if we got like a few hundred that may help.

There is a lot of people who are playing the game right now and many many more from South Africa who is interested but on the fence due to people complaining about the latency from South Africa to EU servers which is the nearest, and 200ms +- is not the best for this game, it would be really appreciated if we can get servers here, it will attract so much more people to buy and enjoy this game here.

Mr_Sheep
7 hours ago, ShirouZA said:

There is a lot of people who are playing the game right now and many many more from South Africa who is interested but on the fence due to people complaining about the latency from South Africa to EU servers which is the nearest, and 200ms +- is not the best for this game, it would be really appreciated if we can get servers here, it will attract so much more people to buy and enjoy this game here.

I don't really care tbh. feel free to make threads about bringing servers to that place but don't get sad as it will never happen. Have you tried moving to the uk?

• Confused 1

DrCamps

A South African server would be so awesome. Will get more people to reply to this topic so we can get the snowball rolling. 

Ystervark

I would also love to see a South African server, btw was the Poll for a South African server deleted because I can't find it anymore.

Mr_P4in
On 2/15/2019 at 11:57 AM, Ystervark said:

I would also love to see a South African server, btw was the Poll for a South African server deleted because I can't find it anymore.

Yes it was deleted. Don't know why tho.

sleava

I thought my connection from Toronto (to San Diego) was bad XD. I don't know how you manage.