Markeleh

The default AK-74N has lower recoil than a well modded M4A1

Markeleh

Comparison Image

Comparison Video

Side by Side Stats

The recoil stat for M4 is 174 and for AK-74 is 227 but in practice the m4 has more recoil.

I am by no means a weapon expert but just with a quick test I found that a well modded M4 has more recoil (unmodded m4 is even worse ) than a default AK-74N. The M4 does have a higher fire rate but considering the M4 is modded and is worth $1000 compared to the AK-74N which is worth $210 it doesn't really make sense.

Further, the best M4 round, the M995(you need level 7 sniping for this) has 38 damage and 50 armor pen where as the 5.45x39 BS has 40 damage and 48 armor pen. The next best M4 rounds has worse armor pen than the 5th best 5.45x39 round.

at level 4 Peacekeeper you can only buy M855A1 5.56x45 which only has 28 armor pen, worse than most 5.45x39 ammo.

So basically there is no practical reason to use the M4A1 when i can put a dot sight on the ak-74 and its a better weapon.

Are there plans to change this or is this the way its mean to be?

Chouette

That's a bit reductive... "No practical reason"? What about that higher RPM and improved ergonomy, for a similar spray pattern? Also much higher DPS.

Also you should compare regular ammo, I don't think the BS is easy to get (limited numbers).

eftballistics

The M4 has a ROF of 800. AK74 has 650. And the M4 has many more options for modding, faster reload, less noisy fire selector switch. Also it is more moddable out of the box as it comes with many rails. The AK74 requires extra mounts or mods to increase the amount of rails.

You are paying extra for modding opportunities and higher firerate.

Edited by eftballistics

Tyraell

Well maybe you dont have all the traders opened ? Or you ar missing one important part. Compare guns on this image, and remember that there is still one forgrip on M4 that can reduce recoil, but I dont have it available in mechanic yet. I am level 29 peacekeeper 4, prapor 3.

M4vsAK.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Markeleh

the stats do not correlate with the recoil in practice. the recoil stat is simply wrong

and yes, a 145 recoil m4 has about the same recoil as a default ak-74n, i'v tested it

Edited by Markeleh

HappyCamper
1 hour ago, Markeleh said:

the stats do not correlate with the recoil in practice. the recoil stat is simply wrong

And on what carefully collected data did you base this argument to end all arguments?

Just to make it clear in advance. "I've tested it" is no carefully collected data.

Edited by HappyCamper

down

i wanna see how an Ak74 will beat this ....

2018-05-08[11-31] (0).png

Dantanius

It's a myth that the US AR system is a flat upgrade to the Kalashnikov series. Without going into which is better, each has areas they excel at. With It's like comparing a mace to a sword. Each have their use without necessarily one being objectively better than the other.