The game's current state is slowly ruining BSG's playerbase

Jurist

This game has been slowly becoming less fun for me. As a result of that, I do not have the drive to play it like I once had. I can point to three reasons why this is:

1) Face hit-boxes. This is the worst idea implemented and completely changes the META of the game. There is no point for me to run into a raid with Fast-Visor + Fort if I know that because of face hit-box I can still get one-tapped with a pistol by my ear. That's how many hundreds of thousands of Rubles down the drain right there? This idea should be completely taken out and never used again. Instead, it should be reverted to how it was last wipe: the damage your head can take and sustain is completely dependent on the helmet you wear. I can say accurately that out of 100 raids I have ran this recent wipe with the 6B-47 helmet, maybe ONCE it has saved me from a ricochet. This is unacceptable. BSG for the love of god if you want your current player base to stay and remain in this game, and for a NEW player base to join, take out this god-forsaken idea.

2) Lag / Desync. There needs to a ping limitation for people joining other servers. Some of my teammates would join into servers across the world and gain an advantage when it would come to netcode, i.e. Peakers advantage. This has resulted in far too many times upon suffering a death, I would think "that was a bullshit death," rather than "that was a good shot, well done."

3) Scavs. They are the bane of my existence. Auto-locking on from hundreds of feet away with a shotgun and being able to headshot you. Nikita has stated that Scavs do not have priority of aiming for the head over other parts of the body. But this does not seem to play out when in countless raids. The Scavs aggressiveness and ability to target you almost instantly needs to be toned down.

Nikita I understand where priorities lie, I understand that nothing I said may become a possibility. But I promise you that if you fix these three things, Tarkov will become more fun, like it used to

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 23
  • Upvote 5
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jurist

• zpwarrior

• KugelFanger

• KillerOyster

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This game has been slowly becoming less fun for me. As a result of that, I do not have the drive to play it like I once had. I can point to three reasons why this is: 1) Face hit-boxes. This is t

Completely disagree with you. There is a point where a game becomes too realistic. This is where we are with face hit-boxes. What you describe as "careful" and "tactical" is called by other names, i.e

good loot does not make you a better player, remember back when Worthabuy made that video labled EFT as pay-to-win because you got better loot to start with. The whole community was angry about that b

Posted Images

MrMachineHead

Eh...Scavs aren't that big of a problem imo. I don't think they're as good as you say.  :/

I would like to see a ping limitation though, or something similar anyway. Would be good to not have crazy lag and stuff.

Face hit boxes, I don't see a huge problem with.

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 1
Pr8Dator

1) Sorry, this is the exact idea that is designed to stop the unrealistic Fort Terminator syndrome before this patch. So now, even as a high level player, you are forced to be careful and tactical rather than play CSGO style. Sorry but this is working as intended.

2) Agree this can spoil it from time to time.

3) and no, I don't think Scavs are scary either. I admit I killed quite a few PMCs as Scav though so perhaps you ran into one of those scary player scavs like me.

• Upvote 4
Jurist
25 minutes ago, Pr8Dator said:

1) Sorry, this is the exact idea that is designed to stop the unrealistic Fort Terminator syndrome before this patch. So now, even as a high level player, you are forced to be careful and tactical rather than play CSGO style. Sorry but this is working as intended.

2) Agree this can spoil it from time to time.

3) and no, I don't think Scavs are scary either. I admit I killed quite a few PMCs as Scav though so perhaps you ran into one of those scary player scavs like me.

Completely disagree with you. There is a point where a game becomes too realistic. This is where we are with face hit-boxes. What you describe as "careful" and "tactical" is called by other names, i.e. camping, hoping for that lucky shot. Here's a test for you. Look at the latest EFT youtube video showing the highlights of interchange. Notice how exciting and fulfilling the firefights are? That is the complete opposite of how the game is currently playing. Just ask xcudi who streams about the face hitbox. It's a terrible idea that needs to be removed.

There are much better ways of stopping unrealistic Fort Terminators than you described. For example have such armor behind barter items. Have it that you need to kill X number of Scavs for every Fort armor that you can buy, plus in addition to handing over dog tags

Edited by Jurist
typo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 10
TheHappyMile
vor 2 Minuten schrieb Jurist:

There is a point where a game becomes too unrealistic. This is where we are with face hit-boxes.

so it's unrealistic that the face is not covert by a helmet without face-shield? or do you have no face in RL? sry, just not understanding your post

you have hit-zones. the new system differentiates between different areas of those hit zones. therefor armor that's not protecting the hit zone no longer magically protect's it. 

• Confused 1
Jurist
Just now, TheHappyMile said:

so it's unrealistic that the face is not covert by a helmet without face-shield? or do you have no face in RL? sry, just not understanding your post

you have hit-zones. the new system differentiates between different areas of those hit zones. therefor armor that's not protecting the hit zone no longer magically protect's it. 

Oh so you're happy taking $200,000 gear into a raid just to get random head-shotted by a scav or another player? You like those cheap deaths?

Yet again I'm continually surprised by the people who claim they like this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
TheHappyMile
vor 2 Minuten schrieb Jurist:

Oh so you're happy taking $200,000 gear into a raid just to get random head-shotted by a scav or another player? You like those cheap deaths?

Yet again I'm continually surprised by the people who claim they like this.

you wrote "There is a point where a game becomes too unrealistic". so can u explain what's unrealistic?

and yeah, i like the new system. face shot is face shot. i do not use any helmets at all most of the time atm. works surprisingly well.

Edited by TheHappyMile
BOOSTER_ZA

What reeeeaaaaally pisses me off and almost made me quit is the fps drop when someone shoots at you.

It's freaking retarded. It's stupid and bloody unfair. It's like whoever shoots first wins.

It's like this in NO other fps game and is completely unacceptable, especially when there is hard work at stake.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
Jurist
1 minute ago, TheHappyMile said:

you wrote "There is a point where a game becomes too unrealistic". so can u explain what's unrealistic?

and yeah, i like the new system. face shot is face shot.

"Too realistic" is what I meant to write. This game is too realistic with its face hitbox

• Sad 1
zpwarrior
17 minutes ago, Jurist said:

Completely disagree with you. There is a point where a game becomes too realistic. This is where we are with face hit-boxes. What you describe as "careful" and "tactical" is called by other names, i.e. camping, hoping for that lucky shot. Here's a test for you. Look at the latest EFT youtube video showing the highlights of interchange. Notice how exciting and fulfilling the firefights are? That is the complete opposite of how the game is currently playing. Just ask xcudi who streams about the face hitbox. It's a terrible idea that needs to be removed.

There are much better ways of stopping unrealistic Fort Terminators than you described. For example have such armor behind barter items. Have it that you need to kill X number of Scavs for every Fort armor that you can buy, plus in addition to handing over dog tags

Who the hell cares what a streamer has to say. I don't get the issue of the face hitbox. If you get shot in your head, especially the part that isnt protected, you die.

Jurist
1 minute ago, zpwarrior said:

Who the hell cares what a streamer has to say. I don't get the issue of the face hitbox. If you get shot in your head, especially the part that isnt protected, you die.

A streamer who has been constantly growing, has hundreds of subscribers, and who loves the game but has serious critiques with it?

No, you know what, you're absolutely right. Who cares what Kotton thinks, who cares what Sequisha thinks, who cares what Smoke thinks, who cares what ChickenPrism thinks. Who cares what streamers and their hundreds, if not thousands, of subscribers think.

zpwarrior
2 minutes ago, Jurist said:

A streamer who has been constantly growing, has hundreds of subscribers, and who loves the game but has serious critiques with it?

No, you know what, you're absolutely right. Who cares what Kotton thinks, who cares what Sequisha thinks, who cares what Smoke thinks, who cares what ChickenPrism thinks. Who cares what streamers and their hundreds, if not thousands, of subscribers think.

Streamers do not speak for me, they are there for my entertainment. Just because I watch Kotton doesnt mean he is my idol and whatever he says I agree with. 

• Upvote 3
Jurist
2 minutes ago, zpwarrior said:

Streamers do not speak for me, they are there for my entertainment. Just because I watch Kotton doesnt mean he is my idol and whatever he says I agree with. 

You might not, but many other people do. These streamers bring exposure and notoriety to the game. A streamer like that who has played this game for hundreds of hours is likely going to be in a much better position than you in understanding the game's mechanics, shortcomings, and what works

• Like 1
zpwarrior

You might not, but many other people do. These streamers bring exposure and notoriety to the game. A streamer like that who has played this game for hundreds of hours is likely going to be in a much better position than you in understanding the game's mechanics, shortcomings, and what works

You still havent given a good reason why the facebox shouldn't exist? Why because oh no you took something good out and someone with a better shot got an upgrade.

• Like 1
Jurist

You still havent given a good reason why the facebox shouldn't exist? Why because oh no you took something good out and someone with a better shot got an upgrade.

Read further up. It encourages camping, lessens "fun" firefights, increases the feeling of "cheap" kills, lessens the feeling of deserved kills . . . I could go on if you want.

Regardless of whether I feel your opinion is wrong, which I wholeheartedly do, I respect it. I would like to see some official poll from BSG regarding face hit boxes and how the community feels about it

• Upvote 1
zpwarrior

Read further up. It encourages camping, lessens "fun" firefights, increases the feeling of "cheap" kills, lessens the feeling of deserved kills . . . I could go on if you want.

Regardless of whether I feel your opinion is wrong, which I wholeheartedly do, I respect it. I would like to see some official poll from BSG regarding face hit boxes and how the community feels about it

No I read it, just didnt think it was worthy of a real response once you mentioned camping like this Call of Duty. You are basically upset that you got some great gear and dont think a guy with a pistol should be able to stop you. They are going for a very realistic approach for THEIR vision of the game. Just like when they add animations for the med system. The game is going to continually progress closer towards realism as we continue in it's development. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Jurist
Just now, zpwarrior said:

No I read it, just didnt think it was worthy of a real response once you mentioned camping like this Call of Duty. You are basically upset that you got some great gear and dont think a guy with a pistol should be able to stop you. They are going for a very realistic approach for THEIR vision of the game. Just like when they add animations for the med system. The game is going to continually progress closer towards realism as we continue in it's development. 

Who said anything about Call of Duty? Only you did. Since you can't read, explain to me the difference when it comes to how BSG's interchange video is and what is actually happening on servers now. The firefights on the video looked fun and engaging; the firefights happening now are cheap and unsatisfactory.

If you like camping, you are part of a small group of people that likes that. Good for you. However, with the face hitbox left in it's current state, my guess is that the player base will decrease

Hooran_Special

New face hit boxes is the best what BSG makes with damage model. 

Everyone can kill BEARs and USECs geared with top armor, with oneshoot of PM in a face, like in real life. 

If you have best gear - you must not annihilate everyone. Just Use only skills, not nerding.

Game really need detalized damage and armor model.

IMHO netcode and low framerate is the most troubles of the game, but BSG makes content and fix issues ASAP.

• Upvote 2
TheHappyMile
vor 4 Minuten schrieb Jurist:

Who said anything about Call of Duty? Only you did. Since you can't read, explain to me the difference when it comes to how BSG's interchange video is and what is actually happening on servers now. The firefights on the video looked fun and engaging; the firefights happening now are cheap and unsatisfactory.

If you like camping, you are part of a small group of people that likes that. Good for you. However, with the face hitbox left in it's current state, my guess is that the player base will decrease

it looks great because they wanted a great firefight for the trailer.

players will always "camp", play slow and avoid risks. still had some great firefights bevor and after 0.8

Jurist
Just now, TheHappyMile said:

it looks great because they wanted a great firefight for the trailer.

players will always "camp", play slow and avoid risks. still had some great firefights bevor and after 0.8

Again I disagree. Before this wipe, in factory, even with the spawns, there was still more movement. Now it seems that everything is a campfest with people trying to get lucky with a face-shot.

In customs, people are hiding around more corners, in more bushes, waiting for you to pass to try to take that face shot. This is not fun, nor is it enjoyable. Sure you can disagree, but from my experience with this patch thus far, the game has gotten worse. Of course one needs to add into that equation the terminator scavs, the desync, the people from across the world hoping into other server regions, but the face hit-box has made this game much less enjoyable

• Cold 1
  • Upvote 2
zpwarrior
11 minutes ago, Jurist said:

I occasionally lay ambushes in Tarkov when I know a group is en route to my area, but I guess I'm a dirty camper.  I mentioned Call of Duty because that is where the big complaint about "camping" really started up, especially shooters(I too used to complain about them). I don't care about the promotional video, it just like everyone other company's promotional videos,  rarely ever shows the true nature of the games. I'm not even arguing if the current state of the game is healthy or not. I'm not playing myself, because I've heard too much about hacking and I havnt been in the mood for this type of gameplay. Now if the face hitbox is bugged,I understand the frustration. But if someone shoots you in the face you should die, period. If you cant accept that little fact, then please don't respond because this conversation is clearly going nowhere.

Edited by zpwarrior
  • Upvote 1
Jurist

I occasionally lay ambushes in Tarkov when I know a group is en route to my area, but I guess I'm a dirty camper.  I mentioned Call of Duty because that is where the big complaint about "camping" really started up, especially shooters(I too used to complain about them). I don't care about the promotional video, it just like everyone other company's promotional videos,  rarely ever shows the true nature of the games. I'm not ever arguing if the current state of the game is healthy or not. I'm not playing myself, because I've heard too much about hacking and I havnt been in the mood for this type of gameplay. Now if the face hitbox is bugged,I understand the frustration. But if someone shoots you in the face you should die, period. If you cant accept that little fact, then please don't respond because this conversation is clearly going nowhere.

And just as I could say, if you can't accept the fact that face hit-boxes in the current state is ruining this game, cheapens the feel of raids, then you might as well not respond anymore as our opinions will always differ. Either way I hope it gets resolved

Xenomorph0352
1 hour ago, Jurist said:

~snip~

1) Disagree with removal, but it can definitely use some refining. I'm sure it's not working as BSG intended in its current state. I posted the following in another thread( @zpwarrior tbh there's nothing realistic about getting shot in your cheek and insta dying):

• T-Box: Insta death regardless of caliber of weapon
  • Head-non-T-Box: Damage -> Black out head -> Insta death Depending on caliber of weapon
  • Head-non-T-Box w/ Helmet: Helmet armor reduction -> Damage -> Black out head -> insta death depending on caliber and helmet.

2) Servers are already limited to 250 ping I agree this number should be significantly lower. If nothing is lower than say 150 pick the lowest ping server and force the person to it.

3)Scavs were pretty freakin broken at the beinning of this patch, they're a bit better now but could def use some refining.

Valid points overall thanks for contributing, in the future I would recommend taking a more constructive approach when posting in the forums. Posts like these get the fanboys all riled up.

Edited by Xenomorph0352
  • Upvote 1
zpwarrior
7 minutes ago, Jurist said:

Again I disagree. Before this wipe, in factory, even with the spawns, there was still more movement. Now it seems that everything is a campfest with people trying to get lucky with a face-shot.

In customs, people are hiding around more corners, in more bushes, waiting for you to pass to try to take that face shot. This is not fun, nor is it enjoyable. Sure you can disagree, but from my experience with this patch thus far, the game has gotten worse. Of course one needs to add into that equation the terminator scavs, the desync, the people from across the world hoping into other server regions, but the face hit-box has made this game much less enjoyable

You keep attributing the slowing down of the game to he face hitbox. I would argue it's more about the nerf to the meds and loading rounds one by one.  People were getting one tapped to the face since alpha,it's an unforgiving game. But now that people either come in with a bunch of mags which starts to be less cost efficient, or they come in with 2 or 3 mags and have to think about each engagement and any possible one that may occur during or after said engagement.

• Sad 1
Jurist

You keep attributing the slowing down of the game to he face hitbox. I would argue it's more about the nerf to the meds and loading rounds one by one.  People were getting one tapped to the face since alpha,it's an unforgiving game. But now that people either come in with a bunch of mags which starts to be less cost efficient, or they come in with 2 or 3 mags and have to think about each engagement and any possible one that may occur during or after said engagement.

Wrong. There are multiple attributing factors, region selection, desync, reloading, meds, face-hitbox, and many others. Ammo and meds I can handle, because I agree with them and they do not cheapen the feel of the game. They ADD to the game. Besides desync which has always been somewhat of a problem, the only common denominator left is face hitbox. Face hit-box SUBTRACTS from the game and worsens the engagement experiences. There are many, many other people just like me who feel the same way

• Sad 3