Jurist

The game's current state is slowly ruining BSG's playerbase

3 minutes ago, zpwarrior said:

Dude just stop, almost this entire thread disagrees with you, while the poll supports what we have been saying. I'll respect that it's your opinion and it's what YOU want, just not what the majority seems to want.

You can stop if YOU want. Nobody is saying you have to keep arguing here. I strongly believe your stance is completely wrong, and will disprove it any chance I get, so at least people can fully grasp why it is such a wrong implementation

2 minutes ago, Jurist said:

You can stop if YOU want. Nobody is saying you have to keep arguing here. I strongly believe your stance is completely wrong, and will disprove it any chance I get, so at least people can fully grasp why it is such a wrong implementation

I mean if you want to have a 20 page thread with you on each page continually showing how wrong you are, have fun with it. Maybe well see each other out on the battlefield one of these days, be careful I like to shoot for the face. XD

Edited by zpwarrior

Just now, zpwarrior said:

I mean you want to have a 20 page thread with you on each page continually showing how wrong you are, have fun with it. Maybe well see each other out on the battlefield one of these days, be careful I like to shoot for the face. XD

Good luck dude

If something is overpriced and don't provide protection you are expecting, why just not stop using it?

All your whining here is "i lost money because somone was better, i wanna be terminator cuz i grind hard 4 hours per day and you low lvls shouldn't be able to kill me until i do something really stupid".

Buy a ZSH or 6B, they are cheap and still protects head from pistol rounds, and leave Fast for rich guys with balls.

8 minutes ago, Boniuszy said:

If something is overpriced and don't provide protection you are expecting, why just not stop using it?

All your whining here is "i lost money because somone was better, i wanna be terminator cuz i grind hard 4 hours per day and you low lvls shouldn't be able to kill me until i do something really stupid".

Buy a ZSH or 6B, they are cheap and still protects head from pistol rounds, and leave Fast for rich guys with balls.

You really haven't been paying attention, have you?

12 minutes ago, Jurist said:

You really haven't been paying attention, have you?

Yes i did, your only argument is "you shouldn't be able to lost 200k rubles after one tap faceshot".

All this "lot of players who will stop playing because facehitbox" is just a bullpoo existing only in your head.

Again, leave fast for guys who run with squad and aren't afraid to lose it.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Boniuszy said:

Yes i did, your only argument is "you shouldn't be able to lost 200k rubles after one tap faceshot".

All this "lot of players who will stop playing because facehitbox" is just a bullpoo existing only in your head.

Again, leave fast for guys who run with squad and aren't afraid to lose it.

Thank you for proving my point in the fact you haven't been paying attention. Come back when you have something constructive to add

Edited by Jurist

6 minutes ago, Jurist said:

Thank you for proving my point in the fact you haven't been paying attention. Come back when you have something constructive to add

There's nothing more constructive to say, facehitbox is great cuz it's a fps, not mmorpg where better stuff=better skill. Face need to be smaller and helmets shouldn't be bugged, and that's all.

And come back when you stop being spoiled brat who thinks whole world is spinning around you, and you are voice of majority, when everything proofs you aren't.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Boniuszy said:

There's nothing more constructive to say, facehitbox is great cuz it's a fps, not mmorpg where better stuff=better skill. Face need to be smaller and helmets shouldn't be bugged, and that's all.

And come back when you stop being spoiled brat who thinks whole world is spinning around you, and you are voice of majority, when everything proofs you aren't.

That's so sweet of you, to name-call. You really added to your credibility there. This has nothing to do with skill, as you would've already known if you came in here with a constructive frame of mind rather than telling me "LOL you're wrong."

Please come back and try again, nicely.

I love the face hit-box. As a low level player who does not take the time to grind out tasks for the traders I am now being rewarded for my skill in being covert and avoiding detection while you are being punished for being loud and bullish.

Being covert was not required in the last patch once high tier gear was acquired. I had struck beautiful headshots on players only to have them quick spin and drop me with a full spray from their automatic rifle. Those days are gone. I like that running and gunning is no longer the norm. 

Yes the face hitbox could be tweaked. But doing what Jurist is recommending and reverting helmets to how they were last patch is disastrous and I would not welcome those days again.

On 5/9/2018 at 12:55 PM, ONGaming said:

90% of these bugs are because of the netcode and will be fixed over time, just dont understand the reason to complain who does it help? :)

Right? Kinda like... "I shouldn't say anything because my voice won't make a difference."
Get a few thousand people who invested money into a game and are pissed off, guarantee you the devs are going to listen a lot more.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2018 at 7:36 PM, Jurist said:

This game has been slowly becoming less fun for me. As a result of that, I do not have the drive to play it like I once had. I can point to three reasons why this is:

1) Face hit-boxes. This is the worst idea implemented and completely changes the META of the game. There is no point for me to run into a raid with Fast-Visor + Fort if I know that because of face hit-box I can still get one-tapped with a pistol by my ear. That's how many hundreds of thousands of Rubles down the drain right there? This idea should be completely taken out and never used again. Instead, it should be reverted to how it was last wipe: the damage your head can take and sustain is completely dependent on the helmet you wear. I can say accurately that out of 100 raids I have ran this recent wipe with the 6B-47 helmet, maybe ONCE it has saved me from a ricochet. This is unacceptable. BSG for the love of god if you want your current player base to stay and remain in this game, and for a NEW player base to join, take out this god-forsaken idea. 

The issue with this is that you want to feel powerful, killing ppl because you have better gear and they cant touch you, its a power trip. Now player with good skills can tap you out with pistol, and no gear will help you. There is no bullshit death, guy was good shot he killed you, what bullshit death is there? Thanks to devs that they implemented face hit boxes. But i would like to see less protection, firefight look unrealistic, like why would i need to fire whole mag into a person to kill him, and he from time to time need to spam a hotkey for healing WTF! the whole healing process in middle of firefight is bullshit. The game needs to be more unforgiving, death should come much more easy from shooting, two or three shots should drop you, not the whole mag.

16 minutes ago, melkxsa said:

The issue with this is that you want to feel powerful, killing ppl because you have better gear and they cant touch you, its a power trip. Now player with good skills can tap you out with pistol, and no gear will help you. There is no bullshit death, guy was good shot he killed you, what bullshit death is there? Thanks to devs that they implemented face hit boxes. But i would like to see less protection, firefight look unrealistic, like why would i need to fire whole mag into a person to kill him, and he from time to time need to spam a hotkey for healing WTF! the whole healing process in middle of firefight is bullshit. The game needs to be more unforgiving, death should come much more easy from shooting, two or three shots should drop you, not the whole mag.

I appreciate the input but isn't it a powertrip because you earned it in the first place?  Why should I put in hours to this game if I know the best armor is still poo? I don't like how you can simply by a VEPR and PS ammo and 2 tap a person with an MT. That argument seems silly to me and equalizes the playing field way too much imo

Am 9.5.2018 um 01:15 schrieb MrSolo:

NONE of this matters unless they become willing to accept that they can't solve the de-sync/lag/net code problems and hire some help that can.

If the lagging and desync isn't fixed this game will die.  That should be the only priority at this time.  Renaming an Alpha to 'Beta' and adding a few guns/gear and a half finished map means absolutely nothing if the game doesn't run smoothly.

this

Am 9.5.2018 um 01:15 schrieb MrSolo:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jurist said:

I appreciate the input but isn't it a powertrip because you earned it in the first place?  Why should I put in hours to this game if I know the best armor is still poo? I don't like how you can simply by a VEPR and PS ammo and 2 tap a person with an MT. That argument seems silly to me and equalizes the playing field way too much imo

You want to be able to take one assault rifle round let alone two with any helmet? You really don't understand the focus or direction of this game. Hell I thought we were just talking about pistols and small calibers. Why am I even wasting my time in this thread. 

17 minutes ago, zpwarrior said:

You want to be able to take one assault rifle round let alone two with any helmet? You really don't understand the focus or direction of this game. Hell I thought we were just talking about pistols and small calibers. Why am I even wasting my time in this thread. 

Exactly. Why are you wasting your time. People are starting to wake up and realize getting one-shotted in the fact when you invest so much time into the game to get the best armor isn't fun. Here's a friendly little reddit post for you to look at: https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/8ih8km/head_hitboxes_are_too_big_both_of_these_shots/

9 hours ago, Jurist said:

Do you know what takes skill? Landing multiple face shots while being shot. If you do that, you deserve the kill. But do you know what does not take skill? Getting lucky with just one shot that instantly downs someone.

So wait you come to tarkov for a realistic hardcore shooter and you want your face to be able to tank several shots while you shoot the others guys face with several shots? I think while its too easy to turn and shoot someone's face and they need to increase weapon sway or something to make locking onto face after turning harder, but what you want is quite unrealistic and going back to the old ways would just start the problem of leg meta again. Since you were so against the problem what else have you suggested to fix the original leg meta? Nothing

this is A wonderful solution to fix the problem it's just needs to be balanced. But yelling saying that its destroying the game and they are losing player base isn't going to get them to remove it 

Edited by captainsonic
Typo

2 hours ago, Jurist said:

Exactly. Why are you wasting your time. People are starting to wake up and realize getting one-shotted in the fact when you invest so much time into the game to get the best armor isn't fun. Here's a friendly little reddit post for you to look at: https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/8ih8km/head_hitboxes_are_too_big_both_of_these_shots/

You are either being sarcastic or genuinely didn't understand my statement about wasting my time. All you are showing is a bug within the new feature, which of course no one in this thread would argue that it shouldnt to be adjusted. But you want it deleted completely. I just want you to answer one thing. Do you still believe the majority want the face hit box removed?

• Upvote 2

On 5/8/2018 at 7:36 PM, Jurist said:

1) Face hit-boxes. ....

2) Lag / Desync. ...

3) Scavs. They are the bane of my existence. Auto-locking ....

1. A good realistic change. But they have to refine their helmets. As of today, after several tests with frends, they do not work fully. Often the base of the helmet was not there. everything passes through it.

2. It's much better. Except for 1.5 sec lag after seeing the opponent.

3.God mode scav .With the shotgun or saiga - Shoot through everything, stone tree and at any distance. Get hit by whole magazine run out and kill you :) Scav imortal life :)

I honestly don't think any poll on a forum or a reddit thread is valid til we get a feature like what i posted about here.

I get the gripe he has with top gear not doing anything, and i'm not for super tanks and such. But even those of you who dispute and say that face hitbox is good agree that "it's not working as intended", that it has flaws and needs to be reworked.  If it's here to stay and let's say, it's what the majority wants anyway. Wouldn't it be better to remove it now, fix it and introduce it later when it actually works?

What about the fact that you can't buy any protection for your face before you hit a certain level that is way waaay too high and the price for that gear is 200k rubels? Before you run off saying i should buy it off fence, i can't. And i'm past the level where i wanted to run a kopalt helmet with a visor anyway. Macro purchases ruined fence anyway. But that's a complaint for another day.

Let's turn time back to the last patch. Yes forts were a little op and there was little middle ground between being able to soak bullets in a fort and running a paca. But the leg meta worked around that. It's not natural for any gamer to aim for the feet but for all it's purposes, it worked. I can't tell you how much fun i had with triple flashlight mp5 on customs killing multiple fort guys. But last patch we had 1 shot kills with the rsass. I mean, if the damage would register all the time it was mostly 1 shot with AP ammo.

This patch we have another hitbox that gives us a instakill no matter the caliber or weapon. But no means of protection against it before lvl30 which is the fast with visor. Also all other attachments doesn't work for the fast so you can put them on all you want but they are bugged as far as i have heard from streamers. Putting armor bugs aside where the armor stops being registered by the game (this we are all cooping with), the hitbox is too large and the helmets do not give enough protection against any small calibers. Someone posted a picture they manipulated where the face is gigantic with the fort helmet on. It's exactly how it feels and plays at the moment.

I really do hope BSG put a lot of effort into fixing the small idiosyncrasies of the game rather than prioritizing "adding content".

If the ingame vote came up, my vote would be remove it. But i say that based off how it's played out this patch so far. I've lost too much gear that's felt like cheap deaths to situations where i should have won. But there's a lot going wrong in those situations like damage not registering, desync etc.

But i'll keep playing, i want to beat the lvl record i had last patch which was 55. Want to see if i can hit 60 this patch :)

21 hours ago, Sparti said:

The introduction of the face hitbox is a big step forward in my opinion. 

Although the current implementation is far from perfect, but as the game is in beta and we are testing features i guess it will improve over time.

To be honest the game has bigger problems then the face hitbox right now. While it is annoying to get one taped by scavs from time to time, you can mostly avoid that by playing smart.

However the ping situation is ridiculous, i'm from the eu and can play on us servers with out a problem, scavs reaction time there is far higher, hit registration works mostly in my favor and i lag around for native us players making it hard for them to hit me.

In my opinion the ping limit should not be 250 it should be below 100, probably below 50. Create some overflow servers for all the people that can't play on the servers due to region or bad internet and we should be fine.

You're right but I think below 50 ping is a bit of an overkill , I play in the Asian server and I get over 60 . Make it either 100 or below 

3 hours ago, BarryBlack said:

I really do hope BSG put a lot of effort into fixing the small idiosyncrasies of the game rather than prioritizing "adding content".

I don't think that's how it works , they are improving and I mean a lot better than it used to be , each department speciallize in different things so you can't really force the graphic department to work on the network of the game man . They said it themselves about this issue . Not like I disagree having them improve the netcode of the game but they ARE working on it

Edited by KillerOyster

I know perfectly well how it works. Besides graphical designers, the coders are making content too via code. I'm saying i hope they debug and perfect the broken parts of the game instead of ... see above statement.

As a fresh starter(Only been playing for a week) I'm having a blast but for veteran players they might rather burnt out. As you get experienced in the game you get to know more loopholes and design flaws you can't just ignore them but to actively use it. And knowing the best way of beating the game, you stick to the safest way of doing this and it can feel jarringly boring. I feel the same when I play Squad. You know the excitement and exhilarating gameplay you had when you first jumped in but after 300+ hours it just isn't there. 

Luckily for me, although I see some issues, I am quite satisfied with my purchase of this game. So far, at least.

12 hours ago, melkxsa said:

This is going to promote campers