necuja

More WIP images

7 hours ago, visionaryBlend said:

As for the claymores, I think it has potential to be abused during gameplay if not balanced right, and it'll remain the meta for quite a long time upon release, but I guess one can shoot it to detonate it, or potentially have some option to disarm it a la Metal Gear Solid. It can be a really good counter to overly aggressive play though, and people should stop whining. Hopefully the inventory size will be 2x1 and will take a few seconds to deploy so that it's not too overpowered. Should be locked behind tier 3 Prapor or a quest too, in my opinion.

It could be balanced further if there are separate items (like a tripwire) required to set the mine up properly, or perhaps a specific skill. This in addition to a lengthy animation to deploy it, of course.

I do wonder what the first image is, guessing the colours are placeholders, but I have no idea what the model itself is. 

It's a sight for the M4, apparently.

The fact that they're adding detail to the inside of canned food is also interesting, possibly hinting at eating animations?

I hope so!

I do wonder what the first image is, guessing the colours are placeholders, but I have no idea what the model itself is.

As for the claymores, I think it has potential to be abused during gameplay if not balanced right, and it'll remain the meta for quite a long time upon release, but I guess one can shoot it to detonate it, or potentially have some option to disarm it a la Metal Gear Solid. It can be a really good counter to overly aggressive play though, and people should stop whining. Hopefully the inventory size will be 2x1 and will take a few seconds to deploy so that it's not too overpowered. Should be locked behind tier 3 Prapor or a quest too, in my opinion.

First image is door locking mechanism, 

as for claymores I hope they will be 3x2, expensive, and used from bags directly...

Edited by orion310591

8 hours ago, visionaryBlend said:

Knights Armament Front BUIS. 

58 minutes ago, snikkel said:

It's a sight for the M4, apparently.

Correct. 

53 minutes ago, orion310591 said:

First image is door locking mechanism, 

image.png.46f3cf78464cdf6de217600fcbcbab78.png

You're seeing the rear of this in that model. 

Edit: Better image
image.png.a3672cd3b58b145daddf0cba7e3bc8b8.png

Edited by Keter
  • Upvote 1

Claymores should be fine.

If they're implemented the way I imagine them to be they'll be manually operated, either by cord or remote. We've also witnessed talks about ECM (Electronic Countermeasures) for jamming radio signals so I would imagine there to be main-portable radio-jamming devices (I think there's already one for a quest?) which will render them (radio operated) obsolete.

We won't have place-and-forget Claymores, at least I sincerely hope not, and I can't see BSG implementing COD-esque bollocks such as laser tripwires so let's wait and see. All of this was said about the Thermal and look how that went lol

Edited by DanExert
clarity

On 5/15/2018 at 5:16 AM, necuja said:

screenshot_1076.png

Could anyone translate text please? The US version says: "Front toward enemy" like not kidding :D 

Not a Claymore for those wandering, it is a MON-50. posted about it's family as well as the Claymore's a bit on the weapon suggestion thread. Like the claymore it can come in several sizes but the MON family has even larger variations some capable of being used against Heli's. The various models for the MON command detonated explosives can also be filled with steel rods instead of balls, the MON-200 for example. I talked about it a bit on the other thread but like @DanExert said I really hope that the MON series and Claymore family are command detonated instead of the weird laser tripwire system almost every game does. For those that haven't seen the detonator for a Claymore just imagine every single detonator that they use for C4 in games they typically use a Claymore clacker style detonator.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2018 at 11:22 AM, ActionDome said:

because if the current trader tasks are story tasks for the finished game instead of real missions then that would be pretty lame

They're not story tasks, the devs already said that the current tasks' objetive are to test the core mechanics only. Once the game is full released we shall experience very immersive and story driven tasks.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb Marcelo_1979:

They're not story tasks, the devs already said that the current tasks' objetive are to test the core mechanics only. Once the game is full released we shall experience very immersive and story driven tasks.

i hope so