Launcher won't start install!

TallTex42

When I try to install the game, the loading icon appears briefly in the lower right of the launcher window before disappearing and then the Install button reappears. This happens whether I check the box for auto-updates or not. Why won't the launcher install the game? I have several friends at work who won't shut up about this game and I was really excited to experience it for myself. 

Also, this is not similar to the other situation that was posted about in here about the black box that appears at the end of installing the game; I'm unable to install at all. 

P.S. I am using Windows 10 on an Alienware Aurora R4

Ravenhawkhero
5 minutes ago, TallTex42 said:

When I try to install the game, the loading icon appears briefly in the lower right of the launcher window before disappearing and then the Install button reappears. This happens whether I check the box for auto-updates or not. Why won't the launcher install the game? I have several friends at work who won't shut up about this game and I was really excited to experience it for myself. 

Also, this is not similar to the other situation that was posted about in here about the black box that appears at the end of installing the game; I'm unable to install at all. 

P.S. I am using Windows 10 on an Alienware Aurora R4

1. delete everything and reinstall the launcher,

2. run the launcher as an admin

3. start a support ticket if that does not work

TallTex42
6 minutes ago, Ravenhawkhero said:

1. delete everything and reinstall the launcher,

2. run the launcher as an admin

3. start a support ticket if that does not work

I've done all of those things

tobiassolem

Do you have an anti-virus installed that might be blocking the installation? 

If so, try whitelisting the installation-file, or tempoarily disabling the anti-virus.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This worked.

On 6/20/2018 at 10:41 PM, FreakerikDK said:

i fix this bug by installing the entire file on the desktop and then moving it back into the folder

Thanks

Edited by SharXy
Politeness
aPACKofDRUNKSXx
On 6/20/2018 at 2:41 PM, FreakerikDK said:

i fix this bug by installing the entire file on the desktop and then moving it back into the folder

this also worked for me!!! thank you so much!! ive been trying to download this game for two days now with no solutions!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:41 PM, FreakerikDK said:

LMFAO it worked for me too!! These jokes men.
Thank you senpai!

• 2 months later...
On 6/20/2018 at 1:41 PM, FreakerikDK said:

I have literally no idea how to do this, could you explain it further?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/5/2018 at 4:46 AM, SharXy said:

This worked.

Thanks

This works even with 403 error, I took my launcher and did the same thing. I deleted everything except the BSG launcher exe, then put it back and started the launcher AS Administrator and the game fully installed and works.

Although it still has unknown ip 403 permission denied if you try to access web profile yet, I can go to forum signed in? go to profile change anything.

Launcher still broke issuing the 403 permission web error for profile access.

I've tried everything at this stage and even if i got it to work, support has ruined the game for me, all i can do now is take the legal route to get reimbursed

their response above that they're too busy to look at my problem is a complete joke and they should be ashamed of themselves, i'll make it my personal goal to post on every forum i can find the way i've been treated, petty I know but what else can i do at this stage!!

• Sad 1
  • 1 month later...
ManicGaming

Try to explain in more detail how exactly you went about installing the game..?
Create a new folder on desktop to be the install folder, put it back into BSG folder in c-drive and thats it, or? 

• 6 months later...

Hey I just bought a new PC, and i had this problem i didnt have Winrar installed for the compressed files, i downloaded that and put the files into a new folder in Programs, not programs(x86) or whatever the name is, and reloaded the launcher and i was good to go.

When I try to install the game, the loading icon appears briefly in the lower right of the launcher window before disappearing and then the Install button reappears. This happens whether I check the box for auto-updates or not. Please help i really want to play the game and i dont know how to get it working 

• 3 weeks later...
tylerwoodson

image.png.22513617dfce9b810f85f51bb751430b.pngimage.png.d7ba4c40ee310ab4c4c707e47286cada.png

These are the errors i am getting. Had no issue playing the game before hand and then there was like a small hotfix update for .12 and it completely broke the game so i reinstalled and cannot get past this to save my life, help.. plz lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

thank you for the help i dont know why it didnt work but now it works ❤️