Sign in to follow this  
SpeedWeed88

What I think Tarkov should do instead of open world

SpeedWeed88

I've heard rumors of the game eventually going open world and I personally think that the game should take a different approach for a number of reasons.

Firstly we only have one game mode and that is raids, instead of going open world we should get more game modes possibly some team based game modes especially because we are getting a karma system that penalizes you for killing your own faction members. Some game modes like ones similar to maybe search and destroy, a domination mode or maybe something like rush from Battlefield where you have to move through the map completing objectives you know, more mission types to make the world FEEL more open than it actually being open  this will be good because it feels like choosing a faction is rather pointless and being penalized for killing someone that shoots at you or you feel like is going to is kinda dumb.

Secondly is that unless it's optimized correctly it'll be laggy and broken as all hell and instead of getting new content we'll be getting patches for the open world until it works correctly and fill in the empty spaces if the map is incomplete I think it's better to flesh the game out with more stuff to do first before going open world if the devs do decide to go down that road.

Lastly, I will just say that this game is great and has a lot of great things that set it apart from other games and one of them is that it isn't open world. I was getting to the point that I was sick of seeing too many open world shooters and I feel like Tarkov doesn't really fit the open world scene because of the way it plays and unless the game has more game modes to 'blend' into the open world it will be boring, empty and will take a lot of resources.

Plata-O-Plomo93

the devs call "open world" this locations conected with extrations ( with transition and loading screens between maps like stalker) not a real open world like chernarus , Tanoa or GTA map

SpeedWeed88

Ah so for example you could go from shoreline to customs to factory as those maps have extractions to those areas?

KugelFanger
On 5/20/2018 at 11:50 AM, SpeedWeed88 said:

Firstly we only have one game mode and that is raids, instead of going open world we should get more game modes possibly some team based game modes especially because we are getting a karma system that penalizes you for killing your own faction members. Some game modes like ones similar to maybe search and destroy, a domination mode or maybe something like rush from Battlefield where you have to move through the map completing objectives you know, more mission types to make the world FEEL more open than it actually being open  this will be good because it feels like choosing a faction is rather pointless and being penalized for killing someone that shoots at you or you feel like is going to is kinda dumb.

Everybody has their reservations about Karma system, no game ever got that to work properly.

Why would you want to introduce Battlefield elements, it has been stated countless times that EFT is not going to be Battlefield/Call of Duty like. However they are introducing a "Arena mode" not much info has been given, but i would say it is just what is sounds like, just a lot of shooting.