Scope Lag

saibot0

I have a descent rig with a 1070 and an i5-7500 with 16 gigs of ram. I can't even aim with pso, hammer, bravo, specterdr and so on because of the optical lag. when you scope it seems as if u render everything in the scope and the things around it and it gets really annoying to not be able to aim with long range scopes on the only maps u need them, factory i can easily do it ofc, woods aswell, but then the rest i jump down to 40-50 fps like the Optical Scope March Tactical 3-24x42 FFP is useless, if i aim that on shoreline with my sv98 i drop down so hard. At the resort for example i dont mind using a pso to look down the hallway but guess what you can do with 22 fps. nothing. absolutely nothing. So my question is how are you gonna fix this and when. cuz every patch you add new insane scopes like the hensoldt last patch and now a new scope from mechanic and it's completely un usable in the current state unless you got a fricking 1080ti 32 gb ram and such. Why even add it before you can use them?

Currently Escape From Tarkov utilizes the CPU more than the GPU. And optimization and such things are a part of the development phase that we are in (beta). You can expect things to not work optimally, as this title is still far from finished in development.

Furthermore, the requirement increases as you use more powerful scopes due to the fact that you have to render not only what is close to you, but also far away from you. This is normal, and a part of any game. But as mentioned previously, not yet fully optimized.

As for why they add more scopes? Well, they're not stopping the development of those weapon mods and parts just because they have not finished optimizing yet. 

17 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

Currently Escape From Tarkov utilizes the CPU more than the GPU. And optimization and such things are a part of the development phase that we are in (beta). You can expect things to not work optimally, as this title is still far from finished in development.

Furthermore, the requirement increases as you use more powerful scopes due to the fact that you have to render not only what is close to you, but also far away from you. This is normal, and a part of any game. But as mentioned previously, not yet fully optimized.

As for why they add more scopes? Well, they're not stopping the development of those weapon mods and parts just because they have not finished optimizing yet. 

well they could just make the scopes and release them with the final release or when they optimize them idk, i would just love to snipe someone 2000 meters away, imagine the satisfaction of that.

7 hours ago, saibot0 said:

well they could just make the scopes and release them with the final release or when they optimize them idk, i would just love to snipe someone 2000 meters away, imagine the satisfaction of that.

Well, if so, I'd want an ACE-type system (ARMA mod), ie. Coreolis-effect, gravity, wind, humidity, and temperature. You would need a spotter who could call distance and these factors, and you'd need at least some of this theory to make the shot. And this is just what's on top of caliber, gunpowder grain, bullet weight, et cetera. - given the realistic nature of the game, I think making such shots would be tough for the "normal" player base ;)