jotavitor

The "damage after raid" system is going to be a let down to most people

jotavitor

Yes, I get it gets more realistic and so, but don`t you think that not having your health back after you die or get hurt in a raid can and will make a lot of people stop playing the game or just refrain from buying it. Something else is probably the thirst, hunger and radiation, I think all of those should go back to normal after you die or leave a raid.

Any thoughts on these issues?

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

Surv0

Can you elaborate on your thoughts? Why would it deter people?

Think we need to look at the reasoning for the mechanic before we conclude it may be pointless and turn people away. 

ynnus86

It can have positive effects as well. Running as hatchling with zero risk is no longer the case if you get hurt and have to heal after the raid. It  might not be so expensive but you have to heal up before jumping back into action again. 

I wouldn't be too concerned right now before we can see and test how it's implemented.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Pronotum

The negative of this is obvious.

People buy the game to play it. If their ability to play normally because of a system that will punish them for dying, even at spawn then they simply will avoid buying.

Bad for business.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

GasT79

I think it might a good addition but it could also lead to to much micro management, inventory Tetris can be a real drag and this feature on top of that might become to much but I think we should wait and see what it will look like before judging.

astelmack
4 minutes ago, Pronotum said:

People buy the game to play it. If their ability to play normally because of a system that will punish them for dying, even at spawn then they simply will avoid buying.

Bad for business.

I agree, this game is already extremely hard for new players, this mechanic is going to make it even harder. Also it's just more "main menu time", that this game already has too much. It's just more time wasted. 

tullowitsch

let's maybe not complain already before we even know how it works... 

is same like some streamers were complaining about the mag loading already before it was implemented, claiming that they will stop playing eft if that will really come, and see now: mostly positive feedback

Edited by tullowitsch

oldirty
vor 17 Minuten schrieb Pronotum:

Bad for business.

Its only bad for bussines if your goal is getting as much money as possible. There are people that want this type of stuff.

I think making everything appeal to a mass audience is bad for games. Thats why we see the same boring poo every year.

Edited by oldirty
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Surv0
26 minutes ago, Pronotum said:

Bad for business.

I honestly dont think you need to worry yourself with their marketing strategy.. this is something they are fully aware of, and if some of the more hardcore mechanics turn away players, this probably forms part of the same strategy, to make this game hard, with people who want a challenge, inventory tetris and all :p

If you would like the mechanic changed for personal reasons then this is a better argument than the marketing strategy one.

I dont think its going to be that big a deal personally. If you think about how the healing system works now, if you manage to leave a raid with unhealed wounds, it wont take much to fix this with an ifac/first aid/selewa etc. The only impact is the need to pay attention to your PMC before you join a raid, and spend a bit extra on meds.

That said, I cannot think of more to it than the above, which sort of makes it a bit pointless, other than to heal out of raid. Perhaps there is more to this, linked into the open world/free roam game option which is coming in.

We definitely need more context to the background of this feature before we can say yay or nay about it.

14 minutes ago, oldirty said:

Its only bad for bussines if your goal is getting as much money as possible. There are people that want this type of stuff.

I think making everything appeal to a mass audience is bad for games. Thats why we see the same boring poo every year.

I like their target market, drumming down the game mechanics to lure more players will likely lure the wrong kind of players, which will just drive more hate and complicate everyones lives. I dont think they are going for the strat to lure everyone, rather people who think they have what it takes which is great. There are more than enough of them to continue funding this development.

Sparti

I don't get the point why you are complaining about a feature that is planed but not in the game yet.

While you have no information on how it will be implemented and what the effects are.

Furthermore all this stuff is subject to change, as the game is in beta and still work in progress.

• Like 1

icontheking
vor 17 Minuten schrieb oldirty:

exactly my thoughts!

kalurosu
On 5/23/2018 at 2:16 AM, UncleDark said:

Strap in real fast MT and ask someone to shoot you in the head with AK or AR-15 and see what happens.(...)

On 5/23/2018 at 2:17 AM, Zandor said:

Hello man. I understand the anger but, have you seen what the protection rating is on the fast and it's accessories? You don't have a bulletproof helmet. That's not what you're buying.(...)

THIS!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

jotavitor
9 hours ago, GasT79 said:

I think it might a good addition but it could also lead to to much micro management, inventory Tetris can be a real drag and this feature on top of that might become to much but I think we should wait and see what it will look like before judging.

yeah, really looking forward to it when it gets added to actually know what they have in mind with this system

9 hours ago, Sparti said:

I don't get the point why you are complaining about a feature that is planed but not in the game yet.

While you have no information on how it will be implemented and what the effects are.

Furthermore all this stuff is subject to change, as the game is in beta and still work in progress.

Not really complaining, just wanted some thoughts on the question after giving my opinion, any and all change to the game is welcome, but in my opinion this system has a big chance of being a flop.

9 hours ago, astelmack said:

I agree, this game is already extremely hard for new players, this mechanic is going to make it even harder. Also it's just more "main menu time", that this game already has too much. It's just more time wasted. 

I think all systems added including hydration (in moderation, nothing like DayZ standalone where you died too quickly because of it), radiation, temperature (which will probably seem a bit weird at first) and hunger. All of those will end up making the game harder, IMO the best way to relieve some of the stress caused by all those game changing systems added at once is to make its debuffs or buffs disappear after every raid, like GasT79 said, too much micromanagement in a game which is already too based on it

KugelFanger
20 hours ago, jotavitor said:

Yes, I get it gets more realistic and so, but don`t you think that not having your health back after you die or get hurt in a raid can and will make a lot of people stop playing the game or just refrain from buying it. Something else is probably the thirst, hunger and radiation, I think all of those should go back to normal after you die or leave a raid.

Any thoughts on these issues?

it should have both negative and positive's. not big one's but you slight buff's or debuff's, can't run as fast, stamina is a bit worse than before. that kind of stuff, no need for full stab in the back poo.

Pr8Dator

I think the system will be very realistic and REALLY make people think twice about going COD style, which is what we have been seeing a lot of lately.

However, that would have to be accompanied by a very harsh death penalty or else people would just choose to die rather than surviving injured.

And no, I don't think this will stop hatchlings cos they either survive without anyone having shot at them or just die... there is rarely any in between for them.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

jotavitor
1 hour ago, Pr8Dator said:

I think the system will be very realistic and REALLY make people think twice about going COD style, which is what we have been seeing a lot of lately.

However, that would have to be accompanied by a very harsh death penalty or else people would just choose to die rather than surviving injured.

And no, I don't think this will stop hatchlings cos they either survive without anyone having shot at them or just die... there is rarely any in between for them.

Yeah, but i think a harsh death penalty would just disencourage people from playinf because of fear of dying and not being able to play again soon

Pr8Dator
7 hours ago, jotavitor said:

Yeah, but i think a harsh death penalty would just disencourage people from playinf because of fear of dying and not being able to play again soon

With death penalty, the injury ayatem would be worse than death

530skeptic

It's my guess that, once your injured PMC is back to the hideout, there will be a recovery over time mechanic. You will probably be able to time things in such a way where if you die as a PMC, you can do a scav run. Once the scav run is complete, you will probably be ready to go as a PMC with no down time.

Hardcore, without being needlessly hostile to the player, y'know?

• Like 2

Surv0
2 hours ago, 530skeptic said:

It's my guess that, once your injured PMC is back to the hideout, there will be a recovery over time mechanic. You will probably be able to time things in such a way where if you die as a PMC, you can do a scav run. Once the scav run is complete, you will probably be ready to go as a PMC with no down time.

Hardcore, without being needlessly hostile to the player, y'know?

Not sure I like the idea of a timer on the PMC. Prefer a requirement to get specific meds to bring back a lost limb etc.. and then going again. Being forced to wait and play scav may kill it a bit for me.. may as well log off and come back later which will be detrimental in my opinion.

Erik_Jager

I don't care what others think about it and Nikita shouldn't either. This game is meant to be hardcore and made for a very niche audience. People who don't like it can go play something else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bookcoda
On 5/24/2018 at 2:03 AM, GasT79 said:

A friend of mine mentioned another feature that he thought might be added "gun barrel cleaning" and it has similar draw backs to this just adding more boring and unneeded micromanagement before the raid. Like on top of the gearing up you have to manually heal yourself or clean your gun.

• Like 2

Admiralbull63

I think the whole med application, once they implement it, is going to change the way the game is currently being played anyway.Much less,carried over injuries after extraction. I see and hear more and more folks advocating these lengthy fire fights and the run and gun gameplay and I think that between the mag reloads,med applications and the flanking and finding cover is not going to play out what we are seeing streamers do and we are currently playing like in game.

GasT79
34 minutes ago, bookcoda said:

A friend of mine mentioned another feature that he thought might be added "gun barrel cleaning" and it has similar draw backs to this just adding more boring and unneeded micromanagement before the raid. Like on top of the gearing up you have to manually heal yourself or clean your gun.

Let’s just hope it doesn’t turn into some mobile gaming poo where you have timers on heals and repairs that you can pay your way thru.. Then I’m truly done with this lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

VaD_3r

Off-Raid healing is making me play Tarkov way less honestly

LoginTaken
On 5/24/2018 at 2:29 AM, ynnus86 said:

It can have positive effects as well. Running as hatchling with zero risk is no longer the case if you get hurt and have to heal after the raid. It  might not be so expensive but you have to heal up before jumping back into action again. 

I wouldn't be too concerned right now before we can see and test how it's implemented.

it does not stop hatchlings.

If you are doing suicide runs because you keep getting bad luck and can't find the necessary resources. Or don't have the money for kit to begin with.

WHY AND THE HELL WOULD YOU HEAL FIRST ? That just waste more money.

It cost 10k to heal yourself if you die. If you survive a raid it can cost double than or more. Especially since you can no longer buy food to a reasonable extent.

6 hours ago, VaD_3r said:

Off-Raid healing is making me play Tarkov way less honestly

Same, I am not gana waste more money after getting killed.

On 5/25/2018 at 7:10 AM, Admiralbull63 said:

I think the whole med application, once they implement it, is going to change the way the game is currently being played anyway.Much less,carried over injuries after extraction. I see and hear more and more folks advocating these lengthy fire fights and the run and gun gameplay and I think that between the mag reloads,med applications and the flanking and finding cover is not going to play out what we are seeing streamers do and we are currently playing like in game.

I got interested in this game watching a streamer. I love games that have looting. I don't care about fighting all that much. Because in this scenario my goal would be money and survival (Hence why I hate kill quest).

On 5/25/2018 at 7:32 AM, GasT79 said:

Let’s just hope it doesn’t turn into some mobile gaming poo where you have timers on heals and repairs that you can pay your way thru.. Then I’m truly done with this lol

Honestly this was what I first thought of when I heard about healing out of raid. I could not shake the feeling after seeing how much it can cost to heal, let alone upgrade the hideout. Getting Fallout Shelter vibes.

On 5/25/2018 at 5:45 AM, Erik_Jager said:

I don't care what others think about it and Nikita shouldn't either. This game is meant to be hardcore and made for a very niche audience. People who don't like it can go play something else. 

"This game"

Exactly its a game. If there is not enough players, the game will die. I understand that some like the hardcore aspect of the game. But even then its possible to go too far.

"Tedious" is not the same as "Hardcore".

On 5/24/2018 at 2:09 PM, Pr8Dator said:

This is stupid. The game will ducking die. Not even streamers will be unable to play if such a thing was implemented.

I am fine with eating/drinking out of raid. But needing to wait 30-60 minutes till you heal is just tedious and not fun. I want to play, not wait on my ass.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2