Blackb1rd

The plans for the remainder of 2016

Blackb1rd

Dear players!

While we're finishing the last preparations for the release of the patch along with network component of the alpha version of Escape From Tarkov, we would like to share with you, our plans for the remainder of 2016.

After the release of this update, we plan to capture and upload video diary, which we conventionally call "Annual Report". In this video you will see the progress of the development, specifically - what we have done for this year!

In addition to this, after the release of this patch and debugging network components, we will be hosting a stream with developers, where everyone can see for themselves that all this time, we have not been lost in vain!

We would like to thank you all for your patience and faith in the Escape From Tarkov project!

2hOjArEZUhI.jpg

• Upvote 19

Natalino

Keep up the great job team.  Time to show off a little on those videos as well.

smokatoke

Will this be the last patch of the year? Very excited for the patch and new video info!

RainingWeeD

Good job

#nevergiveup <3 B|

ToiiNe

Great idea, it's a good thing for communauty who could see all your work.

EdwardLeaf

The hype is real :o

ToiiNe

The hype is uncontrollable :D

JAGUAR1950

@Blackb1rd Thanks for the latest information: "The plans for the remainder of 2016"

The community here really do appreciate the hard work all the Development team and programmers are putting into this game.

With the last patch for 2016 and preparations for release your team can sit back relax and take some well-deserved time out for Christmas and the New year.

Re-charge your batteries and return to work for the development to continue. :)

• Upvote 1

Kwahamot

This is brilliant news! Thank you for letting us know.

CptBluemax

Indeed much love and thanks to everyone at BSG for this and the future projects I know will succeed......you can't not with a dev team like this,very talented indeed.

Hnnnnnnngggggggggg patch would be great today hnnnnnngggggggggggggg.

Wish everyone at BSG a lovely holiday season and a well earned break.

BrandonS101

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to the dev diary.

TheColdVein

I'm just glad you guys are going to finally silence your detractors, and put the fear of God into Ubi-Dice-EA etc. Don't get it twisted, they will act like what you are doing is good for the industry---but they know it will make the players question how some unknowns from Russia [of all places] came in stomping with the big dogs--proving that things can be done right even by such a small team.

Do NOT let anyone tell you that you can't. Ever. But always stay humble, and welcome criticism when it applies to you.

You have my support, and encouragement.

• Upvote 3

Buran

Thanks for the update, community communication is key for any developer these days, no matter if they are a big publisher or a small two-man indie team.
Looking forward to see the results of your labour :)

fourskineater

@Blackb1rdAny plans for BETA soon? I'm sure people would love news of BETA release. :)

necuja

Nice update guys looking forward to some beta hopefully soon :D

Zoraxon

Can't wait for the Dev Diary, I really enjoyed those! Hyped for beta and MP!

ewz-Stormy

So, no Beta this year I guess? Meh. But thanks for the upcoming stream and the videos. New footage is always appreciated ;D

TheColdVein

I would like to say thank you for multiplayer, and that I don't care about Beta at all right now. We have to deliver a flawless product to the public at large; the best work takes time, and you guys gave us a great Alpha because you developed the game, and kept silent for 4 years without so much as a fart xD.

Sometimes people don't know what's best for them, and I personally think you have done what is best for us all no matter how much rage was set against you. They say that it's the silent ones you have to watch out for... :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

Stealthyprowler
3 hours ago, ToiiNe said:

The hype is uncontrollable :D

As true as you could possibly be.

RainingWeeD

when the game will be in steam that will the final build so dont expect so much bug and dont expect refunds too :D  :)  @Nikkon

Edited by RainingWeeD

ewz-Stormy
2 часа назад, Nikkon сказал:

Buyanov said once that "Alpha will be like Beta". So, almost 6 months after alpha...now Beta like...what?

I totally understand, they need time to make the game as good as possible, before releasing it to the public. Otherwise, people would get really mad, because they simply don't know what an Alpha actually is. BUT, the whole project was shifted quite a bit (about half a year!), and they should have made a later, more reasonable time frame for the Alpha and Beta. The Alpha was announced for February or March and was actually launched in August. The Beta was expected to be in November or December and now it's shifted again. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not mad and I totally understand why they want to make it as good as possible, but shifting it again is kinda disappointing. Even though, it's for the sake of the game. Like I said, they should've made a bigger time frame for themselfs to work with and avoid statements like the one on the GamesCom. Things like bugs, crashes etc. should be expected in a (pre) Alpha build, so they should have inlcude things like that in the calculation.

BrandonS101
2 часа назад, Nikkon сказал:

Buyanov said once that "Alpha will be like Beta". So, almost 6 months after alpha...now Beta like...what?

You can't really say that because its not on steam. Is not good to live by "what if" its not and it will be in a good state when its released on steam. This is just speculation but i doubt it will be on steam when the game is released. It will be added to steam after its release and everyone who owns the game will get a key.  Again all this was speculation and to answer your alpha yes he might have said that but there is still more time in the alpha and things change. This is why devs don't like mentioning things because if they say stuff like that then the community gets mad when it doesn't happen. Plus his native language isn't English.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

regicidalnut

Great to hear, guys! Keep up the good work!

Orbixal

Looking forward to seeing your guys hard work and what is to come. :)

Sam_

It's satisfying to know no time or effort has been lost in vain and that you're all working hard at getting everything ready. 

I want to thank you for being able to be open with us, the community, on here and on Facebook/Twitter about what's happening and when. It's a great reassurance for those of us who's spirits may get down easier than others'.

I cannot wait for this patch. I cannot wait to sneak around, meet people, betray people, make awesome friends, duck up some scavs, level up some skills and learn the ins and outs of this game even more. I'm especially excited for the SKS (my favorite milsurp gun. I own two; Yugo M59/66A1 & Norinco Type 56.) I will be searching & looting my ass off as well as checking vendors very often to ensure I get one! A Russian SKS, which just so happens to be eluding me in real life as well. (If not a just a couple hundred $ more expensive than others. In which case I hold off. That's kind of unreasonable.)

7.62x39 fo' life!! 

Sam

Edited by Sam_
Spellang lulz