yourpay

We need Kill Cam

p4nnus
3 hours ago, L0V1 said:

Would be cool if i can report people using killcam for example invincible hatchet runners, godmode/invincibility [grenade glitch], Glitchers, esp or disabled vegetable/tree users etc.. And what comes to report it should be best of them all and it should be justified not just ok he is a cheater and tick a tiny box ok send. I mean it should be something like record video wrap it send it type justified message.

I know Eft wont take reports also people seems to forgot this is a game not real life :D yes there is ALLWAYS cheater but if there is a change to have even few cheaters less Etf would be better game to play.

What come to the strats usually way you or your team moves it's simple. Take care of you/ your team mates and learning it it takes lot of time how your team work together. seeing it on killcam ain't tell you barely nothing. Bunch of guys surround you or just push in and kills you. There is no "special free mason poo" goin on... 

Read above on why problems are not a reason for Kill Cam.

If you cant comprehend how Ive explained what someone can possibly learn, with like 10 different examples in this thread, you have some serious reading comprehension issues. 

How about you read the thread youre posting in, before posting? :useriously:

• Sad 2

Phoenixsui
vor 11 Minuten schrieb p4nnus:

Read above on why problems are not a reason for Kill Cam.

If you cant comprehend how Ive explained what someone can possibly learn, with like 10 different examples in this thread, you have some serious reading comprehension issues. 

How about you read the thread youre posting in, before posting? :useriously:

I normally dont write stuff like this, but you really start to annoy me so much. Your only point is, someone will learn from you and you think this is not deserved by anyone. You are such a special snoflake who need special threatment. Because you have the most unique technices to play this game for sure. At least you try to give some reasons against it. But wow. Reading your post rise some real agression in me and this rarely ever happens from just raeading a post in a forum.

You are really special.

I hope they will see the many benefits of such a tool and manage to implement it in a useful way. Now that we get kotton hats and some mayonasie for streamers this is no more problem i guess ;). (Still hope those Streamer loots are a joke.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

opiat3

I see the ppl asking for a kill cam with the argument that it is needed so you can see where you got killed from , or , in some "weird" deaths to see if it was a cheater and so on, but then the counter argument towards the ppl that don´t want the kill cam is that no one has any special moves or tactics in the game anymore ( so why would you want to see a replay of your killer in the first place?! ) ... and since there isn´t any reporting system ( with or without kill cam ) the counter argument falls short.

Maybe the only reason for ppl not wanting kill cam is that once you die you don´t get to know either what happens next or what you failed to see, but its a valid one.

JohanssoN85
8 minutes ago, mr0pi said:

Maybe the only reason for ppl not wanting kill cam is that once you die you don´t get to know either what happens next or what you failed to see, but its a valid one.

the current state the game is in you get in alot of weird situations, im 100% sure all of us have had some strange deaths and you wonder how the duck didnt i kill this guy, if we didnt have them no killcam was needed

right now we do and even development of the game probably could benefit from it if we could send in some video of it happening

when the game runs good with no desync,armorbugs,ammobugs, soundbugs,freezes then we wont be needing it anymore in my opinion.

well BSG decides in the end if they want it or not , BSG and p4nnus it seems

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

p4nnus
3 hours ago, Brusko-BHF said:

I normally dont write stuff like this, but you really start to annoy me so much. Your only point is, someone will learn from you and you think this is not deserved by anyone. You are such a special snoflake who need special threatment. Because you have the most unique technices to play this game for sure. At least you try to give some reasons against it. But wow. Reading your post rise some real agression in me and this rarely ever happens from just raeading a post in a forum.

You are really special.

I hope they will see the many benefits of such a tool and manage to implement it in a useful way. Now that we get kotton hats and some mayonasie for streamers this is no more problem i guess ;). (Still hope those Streamer loots are a joke.)

Im the snowflake when I try to explain to you why such a mechanic is NOT in, or coming to the game, when youre the one who wants to change the game to fit your own needs and requirements? I dont think you understand the definition of a special snowflake! :sctroll: Youre the one asking for change, bc sth is too hard and you want it to be easier, you want to be able to learn with less effort. You want to change a HC game to sth much more casual, and IM the snowflake!? Hahahaha this was the funniest joke Ive heard today! You should do some stand-up comedy or sth!

On a serious note, once again, this is not about me or you, or some different playstyles. This is about what makes EFT truly unique and awesome and why it should stay like that. Everyone can play the game just like they want to. Its easy to get mad when you lack the capabilities to understand what someone is saying to you. Maybe try to work on your reading comprehension and anger management skills? :unice:

You can hope all you want but its not gonna happen. And Im so very glad it wont. If Kill Cam would be implemented, the core audience, for whom the game is designed for would disappear. As I said, theres been some very disappointing choices made by BSG, to please the crowds. Luckily not that many yet and the core vision has remained. BSG have said (the man Nikita himself if I remember correctly) that the game wont cater to the majority, quite the opposite, its meant to be HC and unforgiving, simulation like even. "A niche game for a niche audience" now made popular by youtubers, so all kinds of people try to play it, then when theyre not as good as they thought they would be, they want the game to be changed instead of actually climbing up the steep and tall learning curve.

Ridiculous stuff, the keyword snowflake can be used in this conversation, but not how you would like to! Take a look in the mirror Brusko.

• Sad 1

p4nnus
3 hours ago, JohanssoN85 said:

the current state the game is in you get in alot of weird situations, im 100% sure all of us have had some strange deaths and you wonder how the duck didnt i kill this guy, if we didnt have them no killcam was needed

right now we do and even development of the game probably could benefit from it if we could send in some video of it happening

when the game runs good with no desync,armorbugs,ammobugs, soundbugs,freezes then we wont be needing it anymore in my opinion.

well BSG decides in the end if they want it or not , BSG and p4nnus it seems

The current state of the game is not a reason to radically change the game in to sth that its not. Sth that BSG doesnt want to create. If you argue that the replays could be useful for the devs, then Kill Cam could be implemented so, that you only report but wont get to see anything. So youre fine with that kind of mechanic? As long as no player gets to see how his enemy killed him, Im fine with the devs getting more intel. Tho I know that if they need video feedback of sth, they ask for it, and most likely they wouldve added a beta only Kill Cam already, if they really needed one. Its a small studio so its not like they can just code a Kill Cam with reporting mechanics to the game in a weekend, so this is a choice theyve made.

I never said I get to decide, Im mostly just relaying information Ive managed to gather by doing these extraordinary things like, for example: following the development of a game Im exited about, listening to podcasts from developers, watching what they answer in Q&A's or here in the forum, in SOME etc. Personally, IMO, people who agree to beta test a game should follow the development atleast a little bit, so they can actually be useful and give feedback on whats getting better and if sth is worse. That way they would also understand what kind of game they are testing and what kind of suggestions are reasonable and what are not. Just sayin'. :usmile:

This Kill Cam thing, its the only matter where I had to personally contact someone to get peace of mind. I dont want this game to be ruined bc of casual players who want to change the game, so I asked someone who I thought should know. I got the answer I wanted so I might as well spread that information to you guys. Im actually happy to do that and as long as the conversation remains at least semi-civil, Ill try to explain why people shouldnt even want such a feature in this game. I havent been that succesful yet, but I think its bc a certain demographic wants features like Kill Cam and this group either doesnt want to, or cant understand why Kill Cam isnt good for EFT.

• Sad 1

JohanssoN85
12 minutes ago, p4nnus said:

Im the snowflake

why are u acting like you are deciding what will be in the game? you have no clue

you do act like a little snowflake though, maybe change the attitude?

this is the suggestion forum where we should suggest things we would like to see in the game so its not that weird ppl actually do that, some of us will like the idea and some dont... whats the problem?

p4nnus you do not work for BSG so cut the crap

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

p4nnus
Just now, JohanssoN85 said:

why are u acting like you are deciding what will be in the game? you have no clue

you do act like a little snowflake though, maybe change the attitude?

this is the suggestion forum where we should suggest things we would like to see in the game so its not that weird ppl actually do that, some of us will like the idea and some dont... whats the problem?

Read what I wrote before this. Surely, you can suggest all you want, but as I said, if youd know what kind of game your testing and what the vision for EFT is, youd be reasonable with your suggestions. I never said that bad suggestions should be prohibited or sth, but I do hope that Nikita stays true to his vision and looks past those bad suggestions, even if the majority would want them.

I dont think Im unique, I think EFT is unique. I think EFT is the snowflake. :begreat: I know Im in the category of gamers EFT is supposed to be designed for, so thats why I write so passionately about certain features. Its your own poor conversation skills, when you make this matter about me or you. This is still not about me or you. No matter how much you want to go in to the personal level, it doesnt change the reality.

I find it super ironic that youre talking about snowflakes! Funny guy! :sctroll:

• Sad 1

BESK

Kill cam because there is a shitload of cheaters within the Escape from Tarkov player base? This game has some serious problems. No, its not because this is a beta. Pick a road, either you continue to create Kotton hats etc. or you do something about this cheating menace. DayZ guys listened a little much to the so called "content creators". Look what that went...

I agreed to beta test (finding bugs), nothing else. The cheaters stops me from actual playing the game in its current state. Give me a refund and you will hear nothing from me again.

Edited by BESK
Cheating in a computer game is like dating your own mother!

JohanssoN85

i read all your crap p4nus, i dont know whats wrong with you.

i know what game im playing, been playing it longer than you p4annus. yeah we have all heard what you think 10 times atleast by now i think we now where you stand on this suggestion, but there are other than you that might wanna discuss it so let them

"I know Im in the category of gamers EFT is supposed to be designed for"  what category is that?  

Edited by JohanssoN85
  • Sad 1

upL8N8
23 minutes ago, BESK said:

Kill cam because there is a shitload of cheaters within the Escape from Tarkov player base? This game has some serious problems. No, its not because this is a beta. Pick a road, either you continue to create Kotton hats etc. or you do something about this cheating menace. DayZ guys listened a little much to the so called "content creators". Look what that went...

I agreed to beta test (finding bugs), nothing else. The cheaters stops me from actual playing the game in its current state. Give me a refund and you will hear nothing from me again.

Most of the cheating is from the invulnerability exploiting, like the factory exit door exploit or the customs exploit.  This has supposedly been fixed in .10 so complaining that they're not fixing the hacks doesn't make much sense.  Often time it's not hacks, but game bugs like desync that make encounters seem off, which again will hopefully be fixed, or at least a lot better in .10.  Calling the company out for not fixing bugs or helping to stop cheaters literally a day before a major patch is released doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

If you want to complain about how the company is acting on exploiters, then by all means, do so.  If .10 bombs, then you'll have a real reason to complain.. but until then...silence is golden.

Edited by upL8N8
  • Like 1

BESK
10 hours ago, upL8N8 said:

Calling the company out for not fixing bugs or helping to stop cheaters literally a day before a major patch is released doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Bugs I can live with, not cheaters. My guess is that by the end of the week the cheaters will be back. Business as usual.

This is the only time when the game is cheater free, after major patches. But in between? Some "ban waves"  comes and goes with little or no information. Almost everyone I used to play with has stopped playing due to cheaters. 

But I hope that they release the patch tomorrow so I can get at least a couple of days without opponents who all the sudden can see around corners etc. never doing any mistakes.

I think you misunderstood me. I don't give a S about kill cam per see. What I meant was if its gone so far that people feel the need for a kill cam, well then something must be wrong.

Edited by Colonel Twerkins
Removed quote with profanity

JohanssoN85
5 minutes ago, p4nnus said:

Reading comprehension, work on it. Youll benefit if you will. Im not able to stop people even from making stupid suggestions but Im just as much allowed as you are, to comment on them and have a discussion. Theres nothing you can do to stop me and theres nothing you can do to get Kill Cam to the game.

Players who love hardcore survival simulation FPS'.

i seriously think you have issues, do you read your own comments? 

"Theres nothing you can do to stop me and theres nothing you can do to get Kill Cam to the game."  again you are stating facts you have no control over

• Sad 1

50m30n3

Something like this would be usefulimage.thumb.png.317edaef8463078c0a70dcc9a29b0d94.pngIdea of gameplay mechanic : you can only watch the video if you retrieve the camera, we can even imagine a kind of insurance, of course if you retrieve the camera you would be able to watch the video even in raid with a little video player and could know why your teameates or an opponent died

Edited by 50m30n3

B0oN
vor 7 Minuten schrieb JohanssoN85:

i seriously think you have issues, do you read your own comments? 

"Theres nothing you can do to stop me and theres nothing you can do to get Kill Cam to the game."  again you are stating facts you have no control over

Except for his interpretation of what Nikita and BSG aim to achieve, which seems closer to home than what people seem to be advocating with a killcam .

Biggest trouble with such a feature is : will it (the killcam show what has happened from the killer´s PoV client-sided or server-sided ?

And if server-sided, will it be free from any lag-compensation or other corrections or will those be activated as well ?

You see, if you think about it strictly technical, killcam is worth not much . I´d rather have access to unfudged servertelemetry and dig my way through it ;)

Manual AC is best AC . 

GasT79

The alpha teasers say they are recorded with the in game replay feature so some sort of replay feature has been thought of.

Im against kill cam but a replay feature after the raid timer is out would be good.

We will just have to wait and see.

JohanssoN85
10 minutes ago, GasT79 said:

Im against kill cam but a replay feature after the raid timer is out would be good.

my and others suggestion was a short killcam after the raid time is over, a full replay of entire raid is not needed for me personally, no point discussing anyway on this thread, but i am looking forward to see the response on this

Edited by JohanssoN85

p4nnus
12 minutes ago, GasT79 said:

The alpha teasers say they are recorded with the in game replay feature so some sort of replay feature has been thought of.

We will just have to wait and see.

Im pretty sure it was one of the features they had planned for the game as a concept. And If its a replay feature, it should and probably would be from your own perspective only as in the teaser. Ive got nothing against that, totally okay and doable already with external recording software.

In 2015 BSG had also planned a 3rd person camera and drivable vehicles to the game, so I wouldnt be surprised even if this feature is scrapped entirely. I think we wouldve heard sth about it by now, as it, according to the teaser, was working in 2015 already. 

1 minute ago, JohanssoN85 said:

my and others suggestion was a short killcam after the raid time is over, a full replay of entire raid is not needed for me personally, no point discussing anyway on this thread, but i am looking forward to see the response on this

No point in discussing as you dont have any well-argumented points to add? If thats the case, Im astonished by how you do the wise thing and dont discuss this anymore! 

• Sad 1

TheColdVein

#Locked. Reason: There will be no kill cam. As a friendly reminder, profanity, in any form, is not allowed on the forum. The game is 18+, but the forum is accessible to the public, so it is not. Thanks!

• Like 1