Timer should stop if you are in extraction

Missed extraction by 1 second on a good run.  Timer ran out when extract was at one.  Trash mechanic.  Why are we even timed anyways? It's not like there's a lore reason that you can only stay in places for like an hour before having to extract. So dumb.

• Sad 3
MrSolo

If you press 'o' in game it will tell you how much time is left at any point during the raid. Double tapping O will list the extraction points that may be available to you.

Elder-Drake

Good rule of thumb is to not go past the 10 minute mark without being on the way to extraction or unless you are near it and confident you can fudge some room. Me, I personally don't go under 12-15 minutes if I can because you never know when things are going to get real and eat time up. Plus ncwadd3ers got it right if you look at it from a "make sense" stand point as you are having someone extract you from a combat hot zone and in that sense it would not make sense to tell them "I'll be there when I get a few more cans of Tushonka".

zpwarrior
10 hours ago, Illiaz said:

Missed extraction by 1 second on a good run.  Timer ran out when extract was at one.  Trash mechanic.  Why are we even timed anyways? It's not like there's a lore reason that you can only stay in places for like an hour before having to extract. So dumb.

Pretty simple... Keep better track of the time limit. Do you realize the ridiculous strain on the servers if there were no time limits? Now go roll your head on the keyboard but dont press submit this time.

• Sad 1
ynnus86

There need to be a timer, otherwise you would instantly extract even if you entered the extraction are unintended. This can happen a lot at tunnels or road to customs at shoreline, or even a the healt resort basement for scavs. You can't cross it anymore wihout being extracted would be horrible.

For me the timer is an additional thrill, for example the 30 seconds at pier boat on shoreline or the 120 seconds (was is 120?) at woods car extraction. You need to secure the area, stay some time and after that you extract. Sounds good for me.

GhostZ69
3 minutes ago, ynnus86 said:

There need to be a timer, otherwise you would instantly extract even if you entered the extraction are unintended. This can happen a lot at tunnels or road to customs at shoreline, or even a the healt resort basement for scavs. You can't cross it anymore wihout being extracted would be horrible.

For me the timer is an additional thrill, for example the 30 seconds at pier boat on shoreline or the 120 seconds (was is 120?) at woods car extraction. You need to secure the area, stay some time and after that you extract. Sounds good for me.

Woooooosh, that was the sound of this thread flying over your head.  ROFL

13 hours ago, zpwarrior said:

Pretty simple... Keep better track of the time limit. Do you realize the ridiculous strain on the servers if there were no time limits? Now go roll your head on the keyboard but dont press submit this time.

Kept track of the limit, was on interchange as a scav, only extraction was across the map, left at 12 mins left, but got bogged down with firefights and stamina management.  If you are in extract zone, you should extract even if timer runs out, because you were in the zone.

• Like 1
KugelFanger
On 5/28/2018 at 6:15 PM, Illiaz said:

Server space dude, server space. If you close one raid another one can take place

zpwarrior
48 minutes ago, Illiaz said:

Kept track of the limit, was on interchange as a scav, only extraction was across the map, left at 12 mins left, but got bogged down with firefights and stamina management.  If you are in extract zone, you should extract even if timer runs out, because you were in the zone.

Kind of hard to extract from a shut down server. No one cares that you want the time limit gone because you missed extract by one second. 

• 2 years later...
YeeOlHuntsman

a part of me likes the idea of "You touch the space and the timer doesnt affect you" for example, 3 seconds left on the clock, you touch extraction, server hits 0 seconds, but since you're in the extraction zone, you stay till extraction. I don't really see a problem with it, still has that thrill of getting  to extraction within the last couple seconds, but you actually get to extract.

GlomeRoaming

How's its open world going to work? essentially the same? limited time on the map? 

..and I think peoples imagination are getting ahead of themselves, apart from the vehicles you could well just be walking out of there,  not helicopter extraction, you've been abandoned in Tarkov by anyone who owns one of those..

Edited by GlomeRoaming